What patrician music really means? Does it actually means anything at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/Bananafish948
rbt.asia/mu/search/text/fiery furnaces flaming/username/CLT/
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And the third question is: are we all actually plebs?

don't see any patrician albums in this chart

Because it's locked for you, only people who are here more than a year can see that.

>patrician level
>only one year on moo

that's how you know someone's faking it

yes

For me at least:

>Patrician: Sup Forumscore or Sup Forumsessentials or anything with a score 3.60/3.70 + on RYM
>Pleb: all the rest, especially Top 40 pop from all eras.

In the words of CLT who spammed the buzzword originally...

''a bunch of albums I like to listen to when I get stoned''

yikes

>rym
haha

Being a patrician means you have nothing in your life to be proud of so you hide it behind some false sense of superiority based in your strange music taste

nice bait :)

A patrician is a person who demonstrates laudable musical understanding and knowledge across a broad range of styles, and has independently formed a critical perspective from which he artistically evaluates music he hears, without paying heed to hype or anti-hype but solely on the basis of its musical composition as well as its role in the broader socio-artistic context.

Patricianhood is the antithesis of plebeianhood. Plebeianhood can be thought of as a sort of musical learned helplessness; a weak mind when exposed to the fundamental questions of aesthetics - What makes music good or bad? Do good and bad music exist? - buries itself in the proverbial sand, shutting out any threats of critical interpretations with shortcuts such as "MUH FEELS" or "it's entry-level" or "that's so generic", statements which are meaningless in any useful critical sense and indicate nothing about their supposed subject, but rather shift the focus of analysis from questions of artistic merit to questions of meta-artistic merit. E.g., "Does p4k/Scaruffi/CLT like it?" "Is this music popular or unpopular on Sup Forums?"

A patrician also demonstrates the ability to logically defend his conclusions during a reasoned debate, should he be challenged.

and this is the chart from which it all stated lls..

A plebeian is the exact opposite of a patrician. While the musical preferences among individual plebs vary as widely as music itself, all are easily identified by obvious tendencies and behaviors stemming from inner conflict between the compulsion to maintain a self-image of being "really into music" and a stubborn refusal to act accordingly. The pleb is threatened by critical discussion, openly hostile toward anyone who presumes an authoritative position no matter how legitimately, and rankles at any suggestion that he look inward to inspect his own biases or assumptions about music, or even that he has any biases in the first place.

What plebeians believe to be a keen interest in music is in reality an obsession with "taste". This is why they can entertain themselves for hours examining scrobble counts on last.fm, maintaining contrived parabolas of their RYM star ratings, or meticulously assembling a Top 50 chart which displays their grocery-list "eclecticism", but won't read a music text. This is why they loudly proclaim how their virginal taste is unsullied by any reviewer's opinion, yet memorize each of those opinions to cite in endless "drone" accusations. It is why they will evade addressing specific musical assertions at any cost, shifting the topic to popularity, fan image, or imaginary concepts such as "entry-level" or "fedoracore", all of which are better suited to their interests and expertise.

It's not about what you listen to, it's how you listen to it.

>Level 3
but no one on Sup Forums has ever cared about Robert Wyatt. TMR is memed to death while Rock Bottom (a genuine masterpiece) is almost completely ignored

>an obsession with "taste"
see
>examining scrobble counts on last.fm,
see
last.fm/user/Bananafish948

>or meticulously assembling a Top 50 chart
see
and rbt.asia/mu/search/text/fiery furnaces flaming/username/CLT/

>yet memorize each of those opinions to cite
CLT loved quoting Scaruffi

>or imaginary concepts such as "entry-level" or "fedoracore"
or ''pleb'' and ''patrician''

>It's not about what you listen to, it's how you listen to it.
yet CLT spent all day calling people plebs because of what they listened to

Patrician: a person who believes that his taste is good enough to be "patrician"

Dude what

But on Sup Forums almost everyone believes that, so?

holy fucking shit dude

at the most patrician level music is like a language or the bible

it's just a buzzword people spout when they like albums that are actually good and not manufactured shit.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

ditto

There is no such thing as a patrician: you're all losers in real life no matter what music you listen to

Endgame is the culmination of all of the above.

nice bladee
lrd is trash though

>tfw proghead so I fit into none of these

>lrd is trash though
I guess Drake, Lil Yachty, Gucci Mane and a-ha are the true patrician choices.

this

Where does metal belong?

jfc

And you pricks take the word seriously?

Middle school playground

in the trash

t. nu-males

>dumb buzzwords in a dumb buzzword thread

t. cuck

Any more?

First time I've agreed with anyone on here.

Patrician means what it means to you

t. nu male

Only one I can recognize is Sleep, because the colors are very distinct even when blurred

>Lil Yachty
>Drake
>Bladee
>Gucci Mane
ew

The one that seems to be Dopesmoker looks like it has too much space in between the jawas to be that, as close as the colors seem to be.

anyone in this thread smoke weed?

No. It's an eitist title that means nothing. All music comes from places of deep emotion and inspiration. Therefore all music is valuable. Some music, however, articulates these feelings more effectively than others. That's good music, but the idea that only a certain type of person has access to internalizing these messages is utter horse shit.
TLDR dumbass meme.

I agree that it's a dumb meme used to assert elite position, but can you really claim that each and every person experiences a certain emotion the same, and the only difference is how well that emotion is articulated?

Not saying that. I'm saying that all musical expression channels the same emotional pool of shared human experiences. Racism, love, fear, aggression, confusion; these are all higher concepts articulated through music. What separates "good" music from "bad" music, however, is the degree to which each individual artist effectively articulates these themes. This is attained through lyrics, production, intruments, composition, etc.

it means you don't give a shit about Sup Forums's retarded opinions

Patrician:
1. Someone who doesn't use the words pleb and patrician
2. Someone who listens to music for their own enjoyment and not anyone else's
3. From 2., therefore someone who does not use RYM, charts etc unless for the sole purpose of recommendation or memory aid
4. From 1. and 3., less than 10% of people who post in this shithole

>tfw you actually followed this progression

Spotted the pleb

Most chart music is devoid of emotions designed to be nothing more than profitable

Are you actually fucking serious, the guy who posted this comment must be at least 14

nice projection, shouldn't you be going outside to play for summer vacation?

"Patrician" music is just poseur shit

I disagree.

bottom right is dopethrone
one to the left of bottom right is amnesiac
3rd row 1st is dopesmoker
1st row 3rd looks like benji

seems pretty pleb to me

You can't be patrician and drone anyone's taste.

montie pls leave

theres an overlap between highly rated albums on rym and top 40

I've been gone a while, does CLT still post here? Or any of the '12-era trips?

>I guess Drake, Lil Yachty, Gucci Mane and a-ha are the true patrician choices

t. nu-male

>XXX
>Pop rap