Sup Forums, I have to take a rather short flight next week and my girlfriend is a super-anxious flier...

Sup Forums, I have to take a rather short flight next week and my girlfriend is a super-anxious flier. Any tips to keep her calm? Does anybody here use ambien to fly?

Tell her to stay up the night before, hopefully she's exhausted enough to pass out while the plane is doing its thing.

Just tell her the facts. Flying is statistically many times safer than flying.

You are seriously like 100X more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the airport than you are to die in a plane crash. There is what, maybe 1 bad crash every few years in the USA? How many thousands of flights are there every day?

Airplanes are incredibly safe.

>Flying is statistically many times safer than flying.

meant to say driving obviously

I'm taking a liberty by presuming op's gf has the same fear as me but I'm not scared of dying, it's not a matter of being less safe in a car than a plane it's the thought of the plane going down, the actual physical act of the plane plummeting and knowing you could die.

But maybe that's just me, fear of falling (Basophobia)

Ambien isn't a good choice for flying. Benadryl and Xanax with chill instrumental music, Tycho is my go-to.

this is just a natural, human way of thinking. I personally don't fear death, I am an extremely Rational person and so is my personality type, but my body just doesn't agree with flying 30k+ feet in the air in a tin can. Flying doesn't really bother me anymore since I do it all the time, but i'd be a liar if I said my hands didn't sweat every single time we leave ground.

Xanax

/thread

I love flying. I'm in my 30's and I feel like a little kid every time. I still love having the window seat and I looking out of it for most of the flight.

I've never understood people who are afraid of it.

My favorite is when cowards gasp in fear at the *THUMP* sound of the landing gear being extended/retracted.

The landing gear locking into place when you are coming in to land is a good sound you dumb fucks. If you didn't head the landing gear locking into place then you would have something to be afraid of.

user is correct though booze will do at a pinch. also earplugs or noise cancelling headphones with whatever audio provides distraction or calm.

tell her to stop being a fucking baby

Give her ambien + whiskey on the rocks. She'll be a waking zombie & wont remember a thing. Not that Im saying to take advantage of that or anything

For me personally, its only specifically the take off. I love the the window seat too, being above the clouds is a fantastic feeling. Turbulance doesn't bother me at all, and I actually enjoy landing. It's just the initial speed force of take off and the climb that bothers me. Hearing the engines change in sound just really bothers me for some reason.

Same goes for like roller coasters, I absolutely love them but if you put me on one that has insane loops or turning I will almost always throw up, its just how my body reacts.

Get a remote controlled vibe for her undies...you just crank that shit up whenever she gets anxious :)

I pop a couple benadryl about 45 mins before boarding. Works alright.

Fun fact: Out of the collective 53,487 people involved in plane crashes in the United States from 1983 to 2000, 51,207 survived.

That's a 96% survival rate.
Tell that to your girlfriend. Have her stay up and/or give her 2 or more melatonin about a half hour before the flight. She'll pass the fuck out

I eat alot of papa johns so im more worried about shitting my pants then flying. Works everytime.

Tell her to sit down and shut up.

Seriously though, planes today are like busses. Only worse. I fly 3 - 5 times a month, it sucks.

Your beat bet, if this really is a problem, is to get your boarding prioriry as high as possible, even if it means paying a small surcharge. If you are in zone 1 or 2, you can just get on and sit through the rest, distracting her as necessary. If you are in zone 5 or 6, you'll stand at the gate as people gradually crush it harder and harder, anxious to get one as soon as possible because the overhead luggage apace accommodates 70% of the passengers and everyone else gets hooped. If you can't get better priority, don't bring a big carry on and sit away from the gate until everyone else has boarded and then just walk on and sit.

also, it might help to ask for the window seat. Or not. Avoid a seat by the exit doors as well, as they require you to know what to do if the plane goes down. Might make her more anxious hearing that right before take off.

LOL

Yeah Ambien. Xanax. Edible. Have her drink the booze on the plane or in the airport.

xanax

I eat a lot of shit so i'm more worried about papa johns than flying.

Those require a prescription or a really black friend

so can you feel the g force when you take off. ive never flown but i fucking hate roller coasters

trufax magic mushrooms ftw when flying - low dose, just enough for happy not loopy

I'm white as fuck and know plenty of niggers.... I mean white friends that have edibles....

finger her

Yeah the airplanes accelerate pretty hard. Like being in a fast sports car. You feel yourself pressed into the seat and the acceleration is smooth and constant. You are going 200 mph in only a few seconds. Most airliners takeoff at well over 100 mph and closer to 200.

I love it.

this, OP. Only solution.
Pot is a normie drug. Script meds are much harder to get

Yes you certainly can. It's not really the gforce thats the problem, its feeling the gforce while on the ground (2d surface) and then you instantly feel this lightness when you are in the air. My stomach drops every single time.

Do not give her edibles unless you want the air marshals hauling her ass to jail after she has a major fucking freak out on the plane before is even taken off.

this. pot doesn't always mellow you out

Double gin and tonic, works everytime.

>Not that Im saying to take advantage of that or anything

Options:
Easy mode (acceptable results): alcohol

Arguably harder mode (amazing results):xanax, valium, and other benzodiazepines to varying levels of success.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

very easy mode: several melatonin
normal mode:melatonin+no sleep+alcohol

>Any tips to keep her calm?
Just fucking get on the fucking flight? Flying is safer then driving a car. And I'm guessing you're American, in which case flying is safer then walking down the fucking road.

>melatonin
So I should have her BLACKED?

wut m8

Just stay out of my way, faggot. I have to travel all goddamn year and I fucking hate summertime faggot travelers that don't know what the fuck they're doing. All excited and shit about going on their goddamn lame ass trip to some shitty stupid fucking destination. Don't talk to to anybody you sit next to either, becaus chances are they don't want to hear your summertime summerfag fucking bullshit.

dramamine

fucking kek my god user