We all know that The Dark Knight is about the war on terror, and the best spiderman movie was about puberty...

we all know that The Dark Knight is about the war on terror, and the best spiderman movie was about puberty, but what have all the other countless capeshit movies been about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=owR4P6rFanM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Batman v Superman is about the eternal struggle between patricians and plebs

I think Civil War was about the love between two men.

Watchmen is about mankind trying to play God

true story

Fuck I only have the Batman movie with Bane in it. How do I get the Heath Ledger movie now that KAT is kill?

>TDK is about war on terror

You're probably one of those morons who think Fight Club is an anti-consumerism movie

>You're probably one of those morons who think Fight Club is an anti-consumerism movie
It wasn't?

right mass surveillance and giving up rights to stop a terrorist element in the film had zero relation to any real world events.

Nah. Fight Club is about the fact that non-conformist rebels who mock normes just end up conforming to another thing. It's a nihilistic movie which satirizes the want for individuality and originality.

Nolan doesn't care about your towers. The Joker isn't a terrorist, there's no politics in what he does, it's a movie in which a man dresses as a bat-ninja to fight crime against a crazy grunge-clown.

Reihan Salam finds the deeper political messages in "The Dark Knight Rises."

youtube.com/watch?v=owR4P6rFanM

Someone literally calls him a terrorist. He does shitty digital videos to terrorize people.

Alfred's whole orange-sized bit was about "yeah there's blowback, so fucking what? We should be faggots and give up, mastah wayne?"

>Nolan doesn't care about your towers.

Winter Soldier is about Steve finding someone (as he says to widow) who he has in common with (war vet displaced and alienated, lost a friend). And an old lover comes back - Falcon understands because he'd do the same for his bf.

How was spider-man 2 about puberty?

it's spiderman one you bait posting loon. there's a reason he shoots the webs from his body in the movie and not in the source material. (C U M)

Iron Man is about rebuilding your life and UNJUSTting yourself

Bullshit, TDKR is about the everlasting struggle between the main institution of espionage/military research in the US and masively sized individuals

BvS is about xenophoby

Yeah if you like it you're a confirmed pleb trying to look patrish.

>MCU flicks
>having depth at all

But I thought superhero flicks should only be mindless popcorn entertainment?

And how differences can divide us as humans. Weird that of all films released in the year that is the most that feels like a zeitgeist, especially if Trump wins

This. Even the edge lord Fincher has stated how oblivious people are when reacting to Fight Club

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is about freedom VS. Security in light of the NSA invasion of privacy.

and it stalls in the third act to become a run of the mill tent pole blockbuster

Man of Steel is about humanity coming to terms with the idea that they aren't the only ones out there.

I'd expand it even further. I personally think it's making a statement about how ultra-rich corporations will continue to exploit the absence of dialogue between the East and the West in the post-911 era..

>the absence of dialogue between the East and the West
how do you figure?

Basically this:

Zod
>fanatically clings to his religion(science as embodied in the Kryptonian genetics program)
>seeks to restore Krypton's glorious past even if that means a genocide campaign
>blind to the advantages of tolerance and co-existence
He's a radical extremist

Superman
>politically polarizing
>seeks to define himself through action alone
>sees no importance in firmly establishing an identity for himself through a dialogue with the society in which he's immersed
>associated with atrocities in a war-torn region
>painted as being complicit in the Senate bombing by his silence in its aftermath
He's mainstream "good Muslim" Islam.

Batman
>traumatized by the Kryptonian invasion
>watches his tower fall
>resorts to torture and what is to his mind justifiable homicide in his "war campaign"
>lies (to Alfred) about a WMD(the dirty bomb)
>literally quotes Cheney in his "1% chance" speech
>vilifies his "enemy" based solely off where he's from and what he *might* do
That's the post-911 West right there.

Lex
>heavily wired into the government and involved in weapons research
>provides "civillian contractors" to foreign warlords
>the money behind "shadow interventions" in these war zones.
>seeks to paint Superman as a global threat
>resorts to fear-mongering and the politics of divisiveness to further his own selfish ends
>wears the "false halo" of self-serving philanthropy
>when his preferred "enemy" fails to cooperate, he drags the corpse of Zod out to play the part in his stead
And there's your selfish corporate interest.

I think it's important to note that neither Batman nor Superman come out with their allegorical hands clean in that interpretation. Neither's fully in the right and neither's fully in the wrong.

i didnt see the movie and wanted you to speak about geopolitics actually. im not gonna read any of that now. next time try not to defeat the purpose

My mistake. In essence, I think the message comes down to mainstream Islam needing to do more to define itself than tell us who is and isn't a Muslim. Don't claim to be the "religion of peace" if the selfsame radicalization that terrifies the West is happening in the Mosque down the street. Do something about it, because ultimately, it's their "monster" to kill.

In the film, Superman's all action, little talk, which is basically the inverse of mainstream Islam, which from a Western perspective seems to be little talk, little action. In other words, they're don't appear to be going out of their way to establish a face for their religion and in the absence of that, politicians and big business will continue to paint them as the boogeyman in order to line their own pockets.

On the West's side of the table, we need to do a better job of listening to what *is* being said and stop vilifying the "alien" out of blind obsession with our own past trauma.

>TIL films cannot have multiple themes

actually i was looking for a film for someone who likes Portishead, but not really the sex element and not the film they actually made the soundtrack and shit, but with that general smooth dark vibe

Man of Steel was about the birth of Superman.
Iron Man 3 was about the "man or suit" dilemma.
Winter Soldier was about moving on from the past and looks for a better future.

you're right about fight club. Batman is about terrorism though, although I wouldn't say it's allegorical. Batman movies are about a rich guy protecting private property from psychotic and deranged terrorists.

>Wasting all that talent on Sup Forums.

You'd do well in /r/movies kid, see you at the boards.

HOLY FUCK

>TDK has thematic subtext

You are a raging redditpleb. It's a dumb comic book movie for manchildren.

>The Dark Knight is about the war on terror
Eh?
I thought it was about chaos vs order and some other stuff.

I read it and agree, you aren't alone.

TDKR is about how big guys are for you

It would've made far more sense to make Batman v Superman later rather than straight away, they should've at least made one justice league film before this shitty film.

This tbqhwy.

You know what makes even more sense?

Understanding the movie.

Literally every piece of the puzzle is right there in front of everyone, yet I don't think more than one person in five puts them all together. They just puss out and say it doesn't make any sense.

Watchmen is mostly about how heroes are actually fucking useless in the grand scheme of things.

I literally become violent when someone tells me what a movie was """"about"""".

Fuck off with your bloated generalizations, OP.

When most people fail to understand the themes of a film, it's usually because the movie has failed in many aspects.

Underrated post

K I L L Y O U R S E L F
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F

Or it's just as advertised. They warned us at release that it might be too smart for a lot of people. Sadly, it turns out they were right.

I hate to say that, because I know how smug and superior it makes me sound, but it really does make me sad. I remember being excited about it and the chance to share with Sup Forums all the nuance and subtle stuff going on that I knew for a fact would slip right past a normie audience, but in the end, a great many of you just called me a troll and a cuck, told me I was just seeing things that weren't there, making up my own "headcanon."

Looking back at it, I'm not sure why I ever even bothered to begin with.

This shit. This shit right here.

You deserve whatever schlock you get, asshole. Slurp it up. Get down there in the trough and just slurp that shit right up. There'll be another helping along directly.

that's because 80% of Sup Forums is now redditors and memelords

but theres still been a decent amount of solid BvS discussion since its release.

I think it's funny how all the plebs called BvS posting a meme and some sort of DC contrarianism yet there is literally no one saying that Suicide Squad is some sort of unrecognized gem.

>You deserve whatever schlock you get, asshole. Slurp it up. Get down there in the trough and just slurp that shit right up. There'll be another helping along directly.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I thought SS was all right, even kind of fun if you looked past the pretty blatant hatchet job of editing, but no one's unironically ever going to consider it as anything but throwaway entertainment.

I was just glad to see some of my favorite Squad characters get inserted into the canon.

Motherfucker, I would kill, cook, and eat you.

>what was this movie """"""about"""""?

What did 16 year old Media student mean by this?