Mumble Rap: Progressive or Retarded?

Or both? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=icSdJJEvjms
youtube.com/watch?v=9XzlwA34tnw
youtube.com/watch?v=0lUYjziomio
youtube.com/watch?v=ySSXeFQ5tlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

progressive. can't be boom bapping forever.

Retarded progression

mumble rap is the 2017 equivalent of no wave

playboi carti = glenn branca

Migos = Swans

young thug = liquid liquid

lil pump = DNA

I'm inclined to agree. Joe Budden and Charlamagne really show their old age (see: codgers) when they rant and rave about the going-ons of the young'ns.

young thug? he's a fantastic artist

who can forget bangers such as

Money (ft. lil skinny, lil giant, lil chico, lil fatty, fat lil, lil wang, big dick)
Your Wife Sucks Me Dick (ft. H.U.G.O. Boss, A$AP Cash, Desiigner)
Steal From Whites (ft. lil In Jail)
BE a Nigga (ft. cRAP , Lord of The Blacks, Big Pun)
Kill Whites (ft negro cock big)
I fuck you you whore (Women are objects) ft. lil criminal
All niggers are saints (ft lil criminal)
Dirty trap in da hood (cops must die)
Quit school sell drugs (I am so rich) ft. young billionaire and big ignant
Money is more important than anything
Rape women (ft. lean bitch, large anus sheboon, loud ghetto whore)
I'm sorry God (I have a big cock) (ft. lil dicky, lil bangers, lil fuck society)

mumblerap is no different THAN PANDA BEAR OR COCTEAU TWINS OR EVEN FUCKING SHOEGAZE

WHEN THE FOCUS IS THE ACTUAL MUSIC AKA PRODUCTION NOT VOCALISTS

IF YOU WANT LYRICS LISTEN TO FOLK MUSIC OR READ A BOOK DUMBASSES

t. nu-male

It's degeneracy.

> Young Thug: WEK WEK BRRRRR RAK RAK DICK IN HER ASS AND HER THROOOOOAT [inconherent screeching]
> nu-males everywhere: Truly the epitome of music as an art form. An avant-garde tour-de-force.

The fact that so many 12 year olds still name Lil Pump as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rapper ever only tells you how far rap music still is from becoming a serious art. Rock critics have long recognized that the greatest Rock bands of all times are The Beatles and David Bowie, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Death Grips over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rap critics are still blinded by commercial success. Lil Pump stole more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Rock critics grow up listening to a lot of Rock music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rap critics are often totally ignorant of the rap music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Lil Pump did anything worthy of being saved.

>post-verbal brilliance

>THE FOCUS IS THE ACTUAL MUSIC AKA PRODUCTION
>generic trap beat with the producer yelling his name over it

COCTEAU TWINS LITERALLY USED A GENERIC DRUM MACHINE MAJORITY OF THEIR CAREER DUMBASS

oh god I'd forgotten about that

did we reach apex nu-male in 2016?

My disdain for white posers is only rivaled by my hatred for the black presence outside of Africa as a whole.
At least it's probably more nuanced than Swans wanking on a riff for 10 minutes. The worst thing is when people try to justify mindless repetition as some kind of aesthetic achievement.
You sure it wasn't a name brand drum machine?
>Not listening to the priest of the black phallus cult speak in tongues while engaging in shamanic use of psychoactives to create beautiful art that dissolves the barriers of consciousness and conscientiousness giving a glimpse of what the future could be if we just stopped our emphasis on coherence and learned to love unconditionally

not even close to the apex yet friend

>Not listening to the priest of the black phallus cult speak in tongues while engaging in shamanic use of psychoactives to create beautiful art that dissolves the barriers of consciousness and conscientiousness giving a glimpse of what the future could be if we just stopped our emphasis on coherence and learned to love unconditionally

or you could listen to Cocteau Twins and Sigur Ros, both of whom use glossolalia vocals and make astronomically better music than a nigger in a dress

or i could like all 3.

true that. good talk my dude

"Mumble rap" is a return to hip hop's reggae and dance hall roots.

It's regressive. There are ways to progress from boom bap without going full retard.

Tell me what exactly about trap mumble rap differentiates it from boom bap. What do you picture when you say boom bap? 50 cent?

It's new, that's all. It's only progressive in the that sense, artistically speaking the production is the only interesting aspect of trap and mumble rap. It does nothing as far as MC is concerned, none of them are good writers or free style artists (thus calling them MC's would be a joke).

Boom bap sound, sure I can agree with that. Production in hip-hop has become quite progressive, with such a wide variety of sounds and genres really being utilized by internet artists, but you don't have to sacrifice being a skillful lyricist for the sake of shitty vocals.

90s east coast hip hop. DJ Premier, Pete Rock etc

If I'm going to listen to gibberish music I prefer it to be overtly chaotic and destructive sounding, but I don't have anything against those bands, although I've never been able to get into them.
youtube.com/watch?v=icSdJJEvjms
Boom bap is like Wu-Tang era. 50 cent popularized the club hip-hop sound.

Not that guy, but this is staple boom bap hip-hop. Mostly referring to the drum loop with the "boom bap" sound, but it's synonymous with 90's golden era:
youtube.com/watch?v=9XzlwA34tnw
youtube.com/watch?v=0lUYjziomio
youtube.com/watch?v=ySSXeFQ5tlQ

Boom Bap is good.

retarded, just like all rap

Calm down dude

>lil uhm and lil yea are just lil pump
my sides

Regressive

money is more important than everything went double platinum with no features

this reads like something straight out of youtube comments section, shouldn't you be listening to nightcore remixes?

That's why i only listen to doomshop