What are the best hotlog toppings and why is the answer ketchup, mustard, onions, and relish?

What are the best hotlog toppings and why is the answer ketchup, mustard, onions, and relish?

I put all that and a thin layer of mayonnaise on the bun before I put the dog on.

Faggot WUT did you just say?

I've heard of mayo on burgers but on a hotlog? Are you trolling or is that actually something I should try?

Don't knock it until you try it, Sup Forumsto. It's pretty good. Only with really fresh Hot hot dogs though.

huh might have to give it a go this weekend. Do you grill, boil or steam your hotlogs? Or some other method?
>inb4 microwave

Most definitely grill those bad boys. And I am not meaning cheap ass bar-s hot dogs for 0.88¢ actual hot dogs.

>this tard hasn't realized he's conversing with an Andy Sixx creamy log faggot yet

>ketchup
Are you 5?

>hotlog

Fucking hell it's 2:40AM and now I'm hungry for a chili dog.

Best topping is shoving a foot-long deep into my rectum

Or maybe I have, and simply do not care? Just sharing information because I can, dipshit.

This is the only sixx thread that has actually been really entertaining

>chili
>mustard
>onion

Prove me wrong

Nobody believes you

I love a grilled dog but I've been really into steaming lately. No char but it really forces the juices to move around in the casing instead of sliding into the coals

Crawfish Etouffee
Spicy Creole Mustard
Green Onions
Fresh Jalapenos

Those all on an alligator dog from Dat Dog is the best Hotdog.

Cool story, I couldn't careless what you believe. Your opinion doesn't affect my life in anyway whatsoever.

OP here
hold up chilli dogs are a whole nother topic
I'm just talking about a good old fashioned baseball game hotlog.
that being said, chilli dogs are fucking dank

objectively the best answer

but if i dont have chili. Just yellow mustard.

cream cheese
crispy onions
caramelized onions
praise be to yoyo

Pictured

what's an alligator dog?

It effected you enough for you to reply.

Mayo, Pickles, onions, saurkraut, mustard on top

also the hot dog has to be a bratwurst

Alligator Sausage, Alligator is a bit leaner than pork and absorbs spice better so it's very spicy. (Strong taste of Cayenne Pepper)

...because you replied first? That's how conversations usually work.

Hot log? Like a turd in a bun?

oh so literal alligator lol. I imagined it as a marketing theme or something. Just wondering, if alligator is "a bit leaner than pork" does that mean alligator is pretty fatty relative to cows, chickens, etc.?
I always imagined gators as being lean, gamey muscle-y bastards

Hadn't thought about steaming some, I'll have to give it a try. Would you say steaming would be good for say bratwurst?

like a turd on a bun.

No it's very lean, it's just pork is really the meat that matches it for taste profile. (Especially the tenderloin. Tailmeat is like very lean healthy tenderloin.)

steaming is the BEST for brats! If you like grilled flavor just finish them on the grill over flame for a minute or two but for the actual cooking, steaming makes them much more flavorful imo

You're filling in a lot of captchas for someone who couldn't care less. Please, continue to care.

true. gotta try it some time. maybe I'll take a florida everglades vacation lol. Only ever tried alligator jerky but it was cut with beef

Don't know about Florida, but Dat Dog is a restaurant in New Orleans built in a former 1950's gas station (Because of course it's in a fucking former 1950's gas station because hipsters) that serves gourmet hotdogs. That's where I get this at.

Food is amazing, tons of insane topping options if you get overwhelmed by them you can order your toppings "Chef's Choice." In which case they'll just put whatever the fuck they want. (Though they generally know what they're doing you might not want to do this if you have any dietary restrictions.)

easy there killer! Might want to blow off some steam before you clog up your arteries with all that stress, brother. Just imagine sliding back in the warm sand, your feet resting on a driftwood logg, listening to the waves break gently on the shore. It's sixx o'clock, and the sun is sliding down beneath the ocean, swallowed by the sea. It's time to deam.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely give that a try next time I buy brats. Sounds like they'll be way juicier than I'm used to.

hipsters are cancer but they usually run good restaurants. Don't want to chill with them but I'll let them cook for me

Well this has been a chat, I'm gonna go to Dat Dog now.

Our civilized exchange of information via the internet would put a smile on the faces of anyone who dreamed of a sci-fi future pre-1983
I almost feel bad, but alas this is, after all, a log thread. Examine the hotlog closely and you will see.
Commence logposting

sldiing

im cumming

fucking creamy

I've had alligator burger. Shit is cash.

Also, to op
>chilli
>cheddar cheese
>onion

Only feasible answer. No chilli? Then

>onion
>sour cream

If ima eat something that looks like a cock might as well make it as gay as possible... Kek tastes pretty good too

Well the one thing is I prefer my burger no more cooked then Medium Rare, Alligator has to be cooked well done so that's why I'm not wild with it on a burger. As a sausage, chili, or Barbecue it's great though. In my opinion.

I've tried medium rare burgers... I love my steak still mooing, but burgers with blood make me gag for some reason. I've also realized this really is a fucking log thread. I want to ruin it. Let's talk about cuisine until the log posts are gone. Lol

OP here
Burgers and steaks are typically made with beef, so my thinking is that maybe an "alligator" burger is not the best idea? cooked alligator sausage/ barbecue mixed with a ground beef burger though. I would try that

I second this motion.

does anyone else like to microwave their hotdogs until they are stiff, then douse them in mustard?

However you like you hot logs. Remember to wash it down with a good beer or more. Like a sack of beers. A beer sack.

I more or less consider myself as an apt cook and I routinely microwave the living shit out of hotlogs.
Sometimes you have to do what you do. But the key here is the operative word "hotdog". The Nathans, Oscarmeyar" or otherwise
hotlog is mixture of pork, beef, and god knows what in a casing of god doesn't want to know what. And it's
a salty, delicious food. But real dogs can be almost any variety of cased meats

Yes. A little mayo on the bun to help it toast but stay chewy. Bacon bits and the shake from a sack of potato chips.

got eee

Same here! Although I don't leap at the opportunity for relish.
Pickled peppers are also fantastic.

>Microwave
Get out

Ever eat too much and then get a logjam? Gotta clear it out with the log o matic.

Not that poster but
I hear you. At the same time, microwaves have a place somewhere in even the most prestigious kitchens. Yea, hot pocketss are gas station food but you can do a lot with them as well

This

good point, don't really consider osermeyars or ballpark, or fuck even Hebrew national real meat.

Anything can be made into a burger. I've had deer, elk, bear, and Buffalo burger too. Not gonna say any taste better than a good old fashioned beef burger, but they're all amazing. Perhaps each should be cooked in a specific way to their meats flavor though. I wont disagree.

hell they all taste good but for me at least it's about having at least a little bit of enjoyment cookiing the fuckers. Burgers are great because you can always perfect your timing and shit but generic hotlogs are just a matter of heating precooked slop.

True

That's why my hotdogs aren't made with hotdogs, but sausage. Animal fat wrapped in intestines.... Yum

when want to have fun cooking cased meats, I cook locally made sausage or bratwurst

Deer steak cooked in soy sauce with some spice, or fried like chicken is just.... Pinch emoji for lack of better words... To die for. Bear is fatty like beef so it's best as hamburger... But not ON a burger. Cooked with other things like a hamburger helper... Omfg I'm visiting my uncle tomorrow to get some meat. Bastard trophy hunts and gives away his meat

I mostly use a microwave to reheat coffee in the mornings, but that's usually it. I knew someone in my past who'd eat pot pies microwaved, it always made me want to vomit seeing them eat it.

>Best Hot Dog Toppings.
>No mention of the God Tier Sonoran Hot Dog.

>Bacon Wrapped, Mayo, Grilled Onions, Mustard, Tomatoes, Jalapeños, & Pinto Beans (personally perfer without beans) on a Bolilo Roll with a fried pepper on the side.

Spicy mustard
Grilled onions
Bacon
Sharp cheddar Cheese
Sauerkraut

If it doesnt have grilled onions its shit tier.

I can agree, but there are some things I'd rather eat out of a microwave than a stove. Though... That may be because I grew up with a literally crazy mom who couldn't cook. (she would spend the entire day on a ouija board "talking to god" and burn most of the food) so unless I cooked I'd be eating something from the microwave. I did learn to be a pretty damn good chef because of this though. Everyone insists I should go to college to become a chef. Fuck that. It's my hobby. You don't make your hobby your job because it takes the fun out of it.

C R E A M Y

Meat Chili, Slaw, lil bit o Mustard, Raw Onion.