Discuss

Just got out of the cinema, I saw this, and I have VERY mixed feelings - mostly disappointed, and before you call me a Marvel drone/fanboy/cuck/whatever... I've always preferred DC - Watchmen and The Dark Knight are two of my favourite "superhero" films.

What did you all think of Suicide Squad? I thought it was a 5/10 at best.

Oh, and I thought BvS was a far better film, the director's cut is a mild 7/10 in my opinion.

Dont lie user the no singles policy gets everyone

Ok.
Why would I want to discuss your opinion though?
What you think isn't relevant to me even slightly.
Our opinions are barely different anyway.

poorfag here. is there a stream for this somewhere?

>slip by no singles policy with my ninja skills I learned from karate class
>get caught in random penis inspection in the showers
Just let me watch my capeshit in peace

the internet
i only tell you because you got trips

What? I put "discuss..." as in discuss the film in general, give me your opinions, I'm not saying you all have to agree with me, I'd like to know what people loved about this film, etc. I was going into this film hoping to love it despite hearing all the negative shit about it but I was unfortunately disappointed.

Not even kidding right now, a fucking couple took my reserved seat so I wasn't sitting right in the middle of the cinema, which I paid extra for. Also they were fucking fat and eating popcorn really loudly throughout the entire film. Fuck these cinema "experiences".

Just wait for the torrent I guess, you'd get terrible quality if you wanted to watch this now.

kek

Am I the only one who prefers David Ayer over Zack Snyder?

No doubt WB is to blame for the way SS is cut not Ayer.

Ayer is a better director when it comes to directing actors. I definitely felt more emotion with the characters in SS than the characters in BvS.

I say get Ayer as the top DC director and just keep Snyder as a visual director/cinematographer

I'd have to disagree, I felt way more emotion in that 'Martha' scene in BvS than I did at all throughout the entire run-time of Suicide Squad. Really bland dialogue along with shallow and reserved performances, the only little hint of emotion I felt was when the Joker was saving Harley but the execution of that scene ruined the emotion completely. Thanks for adding to the discussion though.

What about Leto's Joker?

Far better Joker coming through.

I think it was an ok movie. Not the best but certainly not the worst either. The only characters I liked were Boomer,Flag, Deadshot and Diablo. Killer Croc and Kanata were very underused. I didn't care much for Harley. She's only the "wild card" with a bat and is only useful to introduce other characters like Ivy Poison and Catwoman in the future.

I still don't have much of an opinion for Joker. He had a very little screen time. The only two things that bothers me were his "Damaged" tattoo and his ooc love for Harley.

>I felt way more emotion in that 'Martha' scene in BvS than I did at all throughout the entire run-time of Suicide Squad.
The Deadshot daughter segment, Diablo killing his family - you didnt find any emotion in that?

Deadshot, Katana, Boomerang need to star in their own movie.

I still want a Joker/Harley standaline movie so we can hopefully see more of Joker doing stuff to Harley and others

Not really, it all felt very phony and rushed, like forced exposition... and it was such a mess narrative-wise that these exposition scenes just pop out of nowhere and feel really out of place, so the "emotion" that's supposed to feel hard-hitting just felt forced, especially as 5 minutes before there's some dumb jokes being made and straight after... more brainless comedy.

Also, Will Smith is a terrible actor so it's hard for me to feel emotions when he's trying to act serious.

>Also, Will Smith is a terrible actor so it's hard for me to feel emotions when he's trying to act serious.
Biggest bait ever

Looks like someone hasn't seen Seven Pounds, I Am Legend

>Far better Joker coming through.

>confusing The Joker with his offspring Joker Baby

gtfo

Not even baiting, he's a one-trick pony. Okay, maybe I went too far by calling him "terrible"... but he's terrible in terms of variety, and seeing him play the same character in pretty much every film he's in gets redundant.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>Seven Pounds, I Am Legend
Just him putting a serious face and phoning it in.

agreed

I think it was at least an improvement over Man of Steel and BvS.

1. It was not +3 hours long
2. Some people had an emotion other than screamy
3. The sound was not over bearing
4. Harley Quinn was far superior to whoever Wonder Woman was.

Some good scenes but too little joker, too little characterization for the sqwad and the cgi monster stuff looked stupid

also the black lady came off as a complete retard

1) How is the length of a film relevant to its quality? As long as it's compelling for that running time, it's fine, and BvS is certainly compelling. Keep it in mind that most masterpieces when it comes to film have a run-time of around 3 hours.
2) I don't recall BvS being "screamy" at all, the emotion ranged from subtle to obvious but it was definitely there. Whereas in Suicide Squad, it was vapid, forced and generally cringe-worthy.
3) ...what?
4) Nope. Just... nope. The execution of Wonder Woman wasn't perfect but at least it was memorable, rather than just throwing out brainless quips/punchlines every second.

The black lady was fucking insufferable... she was simply infuriating. I was so pissed off about the fact they didn't kill her off. Why the fuck do superhero films never have the balls anymore to kill a major character off?

superhero films nowadays*

Does any body have that video where it shows jareds dedication to the role and it ends with the 7 minutes caption?

Someone should post that cringe-worthy edit (that's actually in the film) where the Joker tortures Harley or whatever. Made me burst out laughing in the cinema.

Well all the action scenes in Suicide Squad were dogshit outside of 10 seconds of Deadshot doing a power pose on the car. Not once did the movie strike me emotionally. If they didn't cut out all the Mad Love shit with the Joker then maybe SS would be considered a film and every fag would finally forget about Hack Nolan.

How millennials think this cholo emo, pre teen ,twilight, hunka hunka is more near to the joker in the comicsa, at least in the comics you can have some kind of representation of his dementia... either he hates society or social morality.. he wants to make batman break his own moral codes or something near as that..

this joker is just shallow, it's deep as mr.freeze in batman & robin..

confirmed for worst on-screen joker?

Yeah I thought the acting and role portrayals were great but everything else was pretty shit. Obviously rushed and creative integrity was broken

Also I really like leto's joker and marrgot's harley. They really work well as chic 21st century gangsters. I really hope leto comes back

yes

Same

He's damaged.

Did you even read his tattoos?

She's probably the only important character continuity wise in that movie, I was actually pissed when they "killed" her off.

but she was such an asshole

its really a 2/10 the film did nothing for me, I didn't like any of the characters, the movie was really boring most of the time, and the movie was so confusing and went through so many reshoots and revisions that the movie feels like its not even finished its picks up in the second half a little bit but the damage was already done. also I shouldn't have to see the director's cut to have a better movie. 2/10