Are you afraid of death?

Are you afraid of death?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AHe7LkwGyA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)
discord
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

In general? Nah it's inevitable.
However, I would be scared of certain forms of death. Fire, water, etc.

I'm scared of ur mum sitting on my face

i welcome it with open arms

it's true?
Watches at $ 0?

I'm not scared to die. I'm scared my kids will forget me and that I didn't really accomplish anything in life.

don't worry, she'll find another daddy for them soon enough

not anymore after the doctors gave me 3 more years for the heart and 9 1/2 for all the other organs. So if its not one its the other

luckily i will be leaving a good amount behind for my family. Both a business and a hell of a life insurance. wife and 2 kids.

Not in general, but I don't want to be savaged by cancer or die too early.

Thats my fear man. Legit they are the only thing thats kept me here. Especially after my dad killed himself. I just hurt thinking that theyll forget me and im just a fart in the wind.

more afraid of leaving my family alone than anything. my parents are old, idk if they'd get over it by the time they died. husband would miss me too I think.

Not really, I'm afraid of a painful death

they still have your genes, very little keeping me here too, so can relate to that, sorry about your dad though user, sucks

And also my family's reaction to me dying

nah, I've thought about it alot, just as long as it isnt gruesome and painful and hopefully when Im older

why is your body failing (if true)?

No because you won't be alive to be afraid.

I am afraid of what comes after death.

I don't know what to believe, I am confused,

I don't know if we live in a peaceful afterlife or we cease to exist.

It scares the shit out of me and worries me to pieces.

My life has been nothing but these thoughts recently.

No way to stop it.

Too scared and nervous to commit suicide, too scared and nervous to continue living.

Fuck me.

Thanks. He had serious demons. Hes probably better off now. I hope the genes keeps mus connected.

What about you?
Do you fear death?

I don't know if it helps or not, but I have had that exact feel

High blood pressure, found out about it a couple of years ago when I had my first heart attack at late 20s. Ended up damaging most of my organs.

when I was in the ER i was running around 300/200.

yeah ofc, anyone who says "no" is lying to themselves.
Fear of death is literally the only reason we exist.

Remember what it was like befor you were born? I imagine it will be a bit like that.

What got you over them?

Do you?

yeah, maybe, i think some people just aren't meant for this place, sounds weird as fuck but anyway, hang in there, sounds like we're both just doing our best to hang on

Not really, I'm more scared of not dying and becoming a veggie.

I see. Aren't there drugs for that?

I can't tell if this is shitposting or not.

I can barely remember before I was 4.

How am I supposed to remember if I existed or not before I was born.

Agreed. Keep hanging. Hope shit doesnt get too bad for ya.

Yes sir, 15 pills in the morning and 10 at night. and dialysis 3 times a week. without that they gave me 6 months.

Edgy

Pussy

Go back to 9fag kiddo.

Edgy

Beta fag. Go do something they'll remember you by/for.

Good man.

Truth

Show tits you fucking attention whore.

Pussy

Pussy

Faggot

Calm down pussy faggot.

Kind of true.

True

Post feet?

indeed likewise user, think i'm mainly hanging on because my parents need my help, not sure what comes after that, guess i'll see!

Im just saying that you have been "not alive" for billions of years and very soon you will be again. We were all dead once, why are you scared to be dead again?

youtube.com/watch?v=4AHe7LkwGyA

Different user here, that's the thing, your consciousness ceases to exist and you feel nothing. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

No, Im afraid of what is to come afterwards. I don't know what to expect and if I'm even ready for it. What if there is nothing afterwards, does my existence even matter then? Perhaps I wake up from some simulation and find myself in a state of constant torture. Maybe I receive infinite pleasure. I just don't know. But the process of death I am not scared of.

I resigned myself to the fact that it'll be what it'll be, regardless of what I believe. so not knowing what to believe became less worrisome.

our whole lives death smiles at us, all we can do is smile back

Can't be afraid of what isn't real.

edgy faggot appears

I'm a faggot dipshit

I'd like to say no, but I'm pretty sure when I face death I will be.

Yeah, that's what I fear.

The aspect where you cease to exist.

How in hell does that work?
How will it feel to not exist?
What will you see if don't exist?

Mathematically the chance of eternal oblivion being true and we being aware only now in all eternity is slim.

Upset I offended you? Fuck off you pussy bitch.

Fucking disgusting cocksucker.

In a way we all are. I embrace it now that i have no heart.

Are you telling me there is most likely an afterlife?

feel better now? good.

Holy checked

Piss off, shithead.

using both math and science

I can honestly say that there is something out there

everything goes somewhere

Shipping costs like 12 $

Same Watch with free shipping costs 3$ on aliexpress

They must be making a bank with that scam

>Off by 400

Well... if you've ever taken the Lesser Key of Solomon and done its ritual to the tee then you have probably experienced the paranormal. Why would an empty room knock back? What I'm 'saying' is that we are probably living in a simulation, and nothing about a religious afterlife though.

you telling me that there is something after death?

not an afterlife where you feel eternal bliss, but just an area to exist?

I am reconciled with my death. Following a meaningless life filled with loss, I don't worry about. I do not like pain, however, and I am concerned about that. The game now is to figure out the just right time to leave.

I'm more scared of what happens after we die. Death is inevitable so there's no point of being scared of it. But what happens after is truly terrifying to me. Whether its heaven or hell, purgatory or just eternal darkness we simply cannot know.

I personally believe our souls gather energy from emotions we have during our lives and they use that energy to exist in the next life. In the next life we may take up another form of existence or just be in a 'universe' created from these emotions and experiences we had.

never done anything like that but my mother was deep into the accult when i was growing up

doors slamming an walls knocking became the norm. Hell even the occasional shadow person walking around the house was ok.

By the look of it when I moved the good ones came with me.

"Using math and science"
Stfu
Science tells us
'Yes your corpse decomposes and becomes wormfood.'

No, but I am scared of dying.

Of course your body decomposes, but that's body, not consciousness.

Math and science tells us that there might be a second place our consciousness goes after we bite the big one. (Not heaven)

Using the whole energy cant be created or destroyed. YES there is something.
Now from life experience. Man is it fucking beautiful in the afterlife.

/x/

how do you 'know' this?

>Now from life experience. Man is it fucking beautiful in the afterlife.

Explain user

Yes. Knowing our consciousness is a direct result of our brains, and knowing our brains will one day stop working, terrifies me to no end. You think to yourself "Oh, it's just gonna be black for all eternity. It'll get better sooner or later." Then the concept of eternity strikes in, and you're up the rest of the night with no way to sleep except alcohol. Fuck this entire existence, man.

Law of conservation of energy or whatever the fuck it's called

Death doesnt exist. It is just a moment of time where life is going to its end. Your fourth dimension is going to end there. Like your third dimension is going to end at the top of your head.
Are you afraid of top of your head?

It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live

what about entropy

You are so agressively stupid you have no hope. Go on pretending there is something beyond this world and that you're not another religious nut. They way you say math and science demonstrates you have no idea what science you're talking about. Neuroscientists and neurobiology confirm that consciousness is purely biological. When your body dies so does every thought and feeling you have. Enjoy descending into the maw of oblivion you stupid worm.

check'm

>baiting this hard

Are you saying there is scientific proof of a soul?
Because if there is, mour "soul" is literally eaten by plants and worms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)

like I said science and math

there is something

I died a few times, same guy from earlier with all the organ failures.

Well I used to have a reoccurring dream where I would be in a giant wheat field. then I would see shadows running at me from the distance. i wouldn't have anywhere to go but when I looked at my feet. There was a hole. I would jump in and be in an underwater cave. As I swam deeper into the cave More and more creature would appears around the wall and swimming with me. The colors would become brighter and more beautiful as I swam towards the depth of it all. Turns out that when I was having that dream I was dying every time when I was int he hospital.

It's ok you can respawn

Not afraid to die, just hope there is no afterlife. If it is, im glad my brain containing my memories and experience dies so I can start fresh.

when the universe entropies then yes we shall all die

Yeah, they also said that time travel was impossible.

Recently they proved that time flows forward while stuff exists.

When everything in the whole universe is gone, time can flow forwards or backwards.
There have been new breakthroughs that suggest another place in the universe that hosts consciousnesses.

Not a soul, it's just your consciousness.

After doing enough LSD I know truly that we are interdimensional time hopping aliens that occasionally occupy life on all kinds of planets for the crack. All other acidheads agree with me

I'll be glad to see the back of this planet, with its smelly ugly destructive humans.

As you die your bain is flooded with dmt. You should take some and post back here if the experience is similar.

when i was a baby, i died at least twice, not that i remember fuck all about it, only what my parents told me, i'm not afraid of death itself, and i don't 'think' there's anything after, the pain that gets you there, however brief, is an annoying thought

Im thinking life after death more and more lately. Im writing on it. Might turn it into a book or just into something for friends to read.

discord
.gg/e6MBbv

please follow that link so we expand on this. Its interesting as hell man. If you decide to join say its you in general and i will interview you.
Thanks in advance

I dread nonexistence; death is a great story ending in a cliffhanger and then never resolved.
But I guess I'm ok with being dead.
Dying is awful.
Unless that thing about brain going into overload and sending out shit ton of weird substances at the last moments, maybe your consciousness goes somewhere else.

This explains everything though, you have significant brain damage from oxygen deprivation as they kept restarting your heart. I'm sure you're terrible at math and science. Good luck with that low iq, guy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

im with the lsd guy. Also I think this experiment is a way to find what we consider god and also the idea of multiple dimensions.

my 40th year riding motorcycles on the road...no way I should still be alive...FUCK DEATH!

When we die, our energy is redistributed throughout the universe according to the law of conservation of energy.

I have been thinking the same thing after I heard what it does to you. Maybe one day.

Dying? Depends on the situation.

Death itself? Hell no.

Is it though? Ants are conscious yet there's only a hundred thousand neurons in their brains. Even single celled micro-organisms display some awareness of their surroundings. Consciousness is not a product of large scale brains. Look through a microscope for once (on LSD)

Saying things like "recently they discovered" is further exemplifying my point. You're a stupid shit throwing out nonsense. Go have another stroke, dumbass.

i would consider myself someone who is concerned with the safety of things. i don't think i'm scared of death, but i would like to minimize the chance of it happening.

i'm scared of dying in some ways. i just don't want to die before i feel like i've accomplished something.

>Our emotions are physical in nature. Biological effects can have deep and profound effects on our true selves. Degenerative diseases of the brain can erode personality, brain damage can cause sudden changes in character, tumors can alter our feelings and biochemical imbalances radically swing our moods. Neurologists have delved deep into the brain and discovered that depression, love, niceness, politeness, aggression, abstract thinking, judgement, patience, instincts and memories have turned out to have biochemical causes, not spiritual ones, and can all be radically affected by brain damage and brain surgery. This is all only possible if consciousness and emotions are all physical, with no need for soul theory.

>If there was a soul, brain damage could not also damage our emotional feelings: but it does. Electrical stimulation of the brain causes actual desire to arise instantly. If memory, behavior and emotions are all controlled by the physical brain, what is a soul for? Any free will it exerts is promptly overridden by biological chemistry hence why so many diseases have an uncontrollable effect on personality. Modern science proves that the idea of souls is misguided. Everything is biological

no

A common fear, and more legit than most among those who frequent this board.