Films depict LA as a magical paradise with hot girls and entertainment

>films depict LA as a magical paradise with hot girls and entertainment
>visit LA and it's actually filled with crack heads and indian spirits that haunt you

it all depends on what part of LA you go to. if you're a poor nobody, yeah then you'll probably see skid row and hang out with crack heads. if you're rich/famous/hot/whatever, you will have a really good time here.

>watching the show "Nashville" as a Nashville native

Same as everything really. It feels good living somewhere irrelevant, that way my autism is never triggered.

Didn't we just have this thread the other day?

>crack heads and indian spirits that haunt you

Is this a kino? Where can I watch?

You're doing it wrong then.

Source: I live in LA

that's a funny way of saying Las Vegas

>Watching Gray's Anatomy and Fraiser as a Seattle Native

The latter is closer but still don't quite capture it.
Honestly just picture seinfeld with hipsters and more liberals and that's the closest you'll get.

>Falling for the LA is nice meme

Everything about that 'city' is shit except the food.

is nyc better?

No. Plus it gets cold as fuck in the winter. Not to mention Times Square is fucking annoying as fuck with so many people walking and bumping into you.

I went to New York City a few times and absolutely hated it. It was like Homer's experience when he went there in that one episode.

Lived in New York for 7 years. Somehow, that city just feels so oddly gloomy and sad. I really can't tell you what it is, but I would seriously feel depressed there for pretty much no reason at all.

I've only stayed in LA for a week, but it was visually fucking disgusting. Smog and surrounded by brownish hills, and no skyline.

I live in Chicago now and despite the stereotypes, it's pretty much the shit. The people are laid back and not as posh as it was New York, it's a lot cleaner than New York and LA, and good sports atmosphere/culture, if you're into that.

>indian spirits that haunt you
this sounds cool, where are these?

Cityfag here. i considered moving to la in the future cause i hate the twon I currently live in but chicago has my curiosity too.

>downtown Los Angeles

There's your problem. Should've gone to Pasadena, Silverlake or Los Feliz. That's where the gentrification/safe places are.

I live in SF and it beats your nigger city tenfold. This city is comfy as fuck, watching the people pass on a sunny day in your hillside house. Fucking amazing m8.

You made this exact thread about NYC yesterday. What the fuck did you mean by this?

>implying its the same person

it's all the fuckin same

Not really. Spend a day in Watts, then the next day in Bel Air.

I went to a white Sox game when I visited Chicago and holy shit it was the best stadium food I've ever had

the same

I went to a Sox game once too and actually had a pretty good time. That comes in spite of the fact that the Sox are pretty much the least cared for team in the city, so you could pretty much imagine what a Bears/Cubs/Bulls game is like.

Oh C'mon, user !! It's not THAT bad out there.

desu LA is one of the worst parts of california. drive up the PCH to really see the beauty of the state

Is Hollywood as shitty as it was depicted in Foxes? Also Jodie Foster totally looks like a dyke in that movie.

/thread

>indian spirits that haunt you