Is this version of Godzilla really supposed to be scary?

Is this version of Godzilla really supposed to be scary?

For some

>japs
>knowing how to make a proper godzilla

Don't make me laugh, pham.

A camrip exists somewhere, this image was posted over on /m/

And two clips have been posted on Facebook

/MegalonKaiju/videos/1154179427954155/

/MegalonKaiju/videos/1154200021285429/

>implying

that nigga ate the RX-78 Beam rifle or what?

Thats nigger shit.

That's some other monster right? That's not actually Godzilla?

the Derp is strong with this Zilla

Godzilla goes through a lifecycle in this movie. Tadpole we only see the tail of>Lil Ziller scraping along on two legs>Upright Evil Minya mode>Actual Godzilla we see in all the trailers

Godzilla effects look terrible, everything else though is amazing

this is a little too anime for my taste. well, a lot too anime

I find the face to be a bit freaky, at least there is a bit there. Did anyone actually find Godzilla's design at all scary before this?

Isn't it directed by the fucking Evangelion guy?

Of course its gonna be anime as fuck.

He apparently resembles an eel at the beginning and lives in the ocean, so it would make sense that he has big ass eyes like one, but damn if it doesn't make him look stupid as fuck.
>HAI GUYS WHUZ GOIN ON?!?!??

Holy fuck that second clip

Oh boy ...

HOLY SHIT that is terrifying!
Great face design

Has anyone explained what that blood is from or what it's purpose is yet?

Wait is this Godzilla or another dinosaur?

No way is that Godzilla

Godzilla has multiple forms

Really? I think you are trolling. Is probably some other creature he fights in this movie

This. I wish they went full on miniature practical instead of CGI which just makes it look too fake.

This is supposedly the first form, the one we dont see

I believe it's coolant to keep his temperature under control because he hasn't adapted to land fully in that stage

Its Godzilla. In this new film he has multiple forms

possibly from adapting to breath on land.

I just remember some similar shit from Peter Benchleys Creature where the Shark/Dolphin/Human hybrid learns to hunt on land

That is legit actually fucking terrifying...

Seriously. Maybe it looks goofy to you but if I were to be walking down the street and to see a gigantic monster with those eyes... I would wanna cry my eyes out while I cower in the corner as he eats me

please go away scary monster ;_;

>he has multiple forms
Thanks. Awesome!

Apart from some cheap looking CGI, this film is very superior from the crappy 2014 American one

Coolant for the biological nuclear reactor inside of him. Godzilla vents the heat through blood and spines.

That's part of how they defeat him: Distract and get him to waste beam energy with the air forces, bumrush him with empty trains to knock him over and force-feed him industrial-grade blood coagulants from firetruck hoses that ends up freezing him in place.

Looks like a big fucking predator to me.

Is the fucking movie leaked already?

DAMNIT I SPOILED THE MOVIE FOR MYSELF :(

NOOOOOOOOOOO I thought your spoiler alert would just contain about the blood not the ending...

:( damn

This would look utterly terrifying in one of those Junji Ito mangas. I'm sure that makes you weabs cringe but that's what comes to mind. Fish eyes could work if they tried.

Kek that shot of the tanks exactly like EVA

This is actually pretty scary to me, it looks like he's actually enjoying causing so much death and destruction, which isn't something I've seen in any other iteration.

Seems more sick and twisted

That's what you get for asking questions.

>this was one blast

Holy fucking shit.

Well for JapCGI this is basically god tier especially on such a small budget of like $10million according to rumors.

See

BEST FUCKING DESIGN EVER

I am waiting for the movie to come out on blu ray here. Will it?

The time has finally come that America has made the good Godzilla movie while Japan made the shit one. Total roll reversal

I stay in Japan and seen it on release night. It's real, it's funny for a few seconds because no one has any idea.

He spits blood out of his gills while evolving, it's pretty creepy

Funimation's distributing an NA release under its actual title.

Thank Christ for that. I didn't like the Resurgence title at all.

Based Anno

Go to bed Gareth. Your movie was terrible.

This. I fucking hated the 2014 movie so much. Godzilla should have been the main and only creature.

Also making Godzilla "rescue" and save humanity at end was fucking terrible

>those eyes

That's legitimately terrifying lmao

It was the multitude of bland hollow characters that turned me off. If you're going do a character focused kaiju movie, then actually write the goddamned characters.

The Host is an example of doing it right.

Is it coming to US, UK? I hate when such a good movie like this only gets a limited release not worldwide

Godzilla nodding at Kick-ass, who he would've known exactly dick about, was cringeworthy.

Converted thst second clip to webm

Seems like it goes towards the end of Would wdit it in myelf but I dont know how

>wdit
Edit

lol wtf is going on here? Why is this guy always doing the HNNGGGG gesture when he laughs?

It makes sense though, he doesn't hate them because the Americans are what created gojira.

Why you think we used two nukes on those butterheads?

As the Disney-Marvel star he's not allowed to laugh unless it's through 12 painful layers of ironic sarcastic irony

is there a clip from pic related?

>those protective eyeshields making it look even more soulless before it devastates everything

He didn't save humanity, he was just following his natural instincts because MUTOs were his species natural predators long ago

He didn't nod. He simply shared a glance

Not sure. That image was posted on /m/ yesterday but the dude who posted it didn't give a source

>He didn't nod. He simply shared a glance

It was fucking retarded.

What I don't get is why /m/ would care. Godzilla isn't a mech and Mechagodzilla isn't even in it.

not the same guy you replied but, that eye glance was in the Zilla too, seems like a real ameican thing. Im not throwing stone but that level of anthropomorphism just has no place in a Godzilla movie

>He didn't nod. He simply shared a glance
>shared a glance

Dont know but they've had constant threads for a while now that I've been hanging out in.

Agreed. It seemed even more out of place in the Gareth movie. Godzilla's an animal, and it should act like a fucking animal.

Might be because Anno's doing it.

what are those things crawling all over him?

>Godzilla's an animal, and it should act like a fucking animal.
This. Americans have to be dumb to defend it.

Also for fuck sake the SAME THING happened in Jurassic World when T Rex teams up with the veloceraptor and gives the Veloceraptor a glance before walking off.

WHAT THE FUCK AMERICA?

>10 million $ budget
>the Cruise is asking for 100 million up front

Showa age Godzilla was the golden age and everything else is edgy garbage.

This is some kind of new bullshit. Imagine if the T-Rex winked at Grant as they were running away at the climax of Jurassic Park.

>I have to go now, my planet needs me

>that tailboner

"Something you don't see everyday" from the DVD menu.

how does based Anno keep doing it?

The third rebuild of evangelion movie was shit so no he doesn't always do it.

Why the FUCK does Godzilla have multiple fucking forms

WHAT THE FUCK ANNO YOU CUNT OF A HACK

Ya he is ripping off destroya because hes a unoriginal douche bag

I'm really just happy that such a thing exists.

We should let people like this darwin award themselves

I just finished watching Jurassic world and seeing that shit triggered the fuck out of me. Just once I'd like a movie with some big killers just fucking everyone and everything up without some middle class white family being injected into it for whatever reason then having some monster conveniently show up to fight for them.

This is top tier CGI i assure you.

Is this the same meme as the Jurassic World one?

This flick looks like shit. Even practical faggot in dinosaur costume looks much better. I'd even say that Carnosaurus 2 looks more realistic.

More like he ate Ideon whole.

Just forget American lizard

>it's now a gigantic deep sea creature

Son of a bitch I can't do this spooky shit.

Are those eyes real or am I dreaming?

Yeah, an amphibious creature with eyes made for swimming. It's unbelievable but it happened.

Says the same faggots who defended the even worse looking Americuck CGI Godzilla.

>even worse looking
It was shit, but not nearly as shit as this. It's like they took the autism from showa godzilla, cranked up the autism, and expect us to take it as a seriouss """"""horror""""""" """""film"""""" (more like joint).

that tail is fucking goofy and retarded, even for the genre

You literally described Gareth's Godzilla. That piece of shit was a showa flick advertised as a Honda film.

They should have made them full black

Whoa that would have been wicked SICK and edgy as bro!

Fuck yeah dude! Radical!

>implying they don't

see