I just finished watching this for the second time...

I just finished watching this for the second time. Is it common consensus that it is the best action movie mankind has produced thus far?

Definitely the best action movie of the 21st century but I don't know about of all time. The Road Warrior and Die Hard aren't as technically impressive as Fury Road but I think they're better.

It's not even the best Mad Max movie.

Not the best action movie, and not even the best Mad Max movie, but hey, compared to what we are used to get these days, it's a fucking master piece.

what is your order?

mines is
fury road then road warrior

Everyone hyped this movie up for me, and I was so confused and disappointed. I don't understand what is supposed to be excellent about it. It just struck me as another, relatively brainless, action tent-pole flick.

Road Warrior > Fury Road > Thunderdome > Mad Max

Me too, I just thought it was a generic action movie, watched in 3D the same day as I watched fucking Avengers Age of Ultron, and I enjoyed AoU more than Mad Max. Sure the special effects were amazing, but that's kinda it. Either I am a huge fucking pleb, or everyone likes this movie way too much.

do u really think the snake guy is cooler then nux?

is there a bigger JUST then Virginia Hey???

u guys are super fucking pleb

the movie is very seemless

and it explains the world with the SCENES

your the type of people who needs the force to be explained too so lucas makes midiclorians for you and then your like lol thats gay

thats you

Yojimbo, Branded to Kill, and Mission: Impossible are THE action "kino".

Talented auteurists pushing this shit genre to its formal limits.

>no Mad Mel

Dropped

I didn't need the force to be explained, but I never minded the explanation either. I just thought this was like any other big action release of the past 5 or 6 years. I will give you that it was well-choreographed and edited. But. So what? It's still just a goofy action movie.

Pretty much. And these aren't even the only ones better than Fury Road, there's Terminator 2, Aliens, Predator, Die Hard, and quite a bit of movies from the 80s and 90s that are better as well.

I will give you that your post was well-written and edited. But. So what? It's still just a goofy post.

Yes, sure, the world building was great, that's probably the best thing about the movie, but it had zero plot and character motivation. I mean, who the fuck is Max and why should we care for him? If I hadn't watched the previous movies I'd only like him because he's Tom Hardy and that's it.

That's not a argument.

I thought it was boring.
Uninteresting characters, repetitive action, clichéd setting, annoying, overdone exposition.
Watched it twice to make sure, couldn't finish the second viewing

THE DEFINITIVE MAD MAX RANKINGS:

2 > 4 > 1 > 3

...Oke, bud. Great conversation.

max is a shell of a fucking man

thats his whole thing

thats the point

he gets dragged along

i could write a fucking essay bout why road warrior nd fury road are masterpieces that changed film

fyi fury road was my first max and i totally got it

are u guys retarded?

alice has a cute tummy CUTE

Yes

Perfect in every way!

The action itself is good as much as they screwed up on story-wise. It's funny the comic version handles both issues very well which I heard..,

i dont like 2 as much as 4 because it felt like in 2 if lord humungas listened to wez they woulda like won

also wez was pretty much the villain

also rip golden youth BTW they were totally not gay um like they had a father son relationship

at the end the movie relies on too much hollywood cliches and fails to deliver the gritty and realistic feel and the underlying depth of the first two movies, also i didnt like the use of color too much, too cartoony for me

thats how movies should look

dont fight it

It hurts my brain enough to try and read 5 sentences of yours, please do not write an essay, or at least learn English first.

Truck full of breast milk...why, stopped watching after 25min'

Nah man, 3 is better than 1. 1 didn't age very well.

>not having watched it 12 times already

fag

Fuck off, you're what's wrong with cinema these days.

to you maybe, as i stated it doesnt work for me and i prefer how the original movies looked

I honestly am open to convincing. Is there a review or essay that aligns with your thinking and explains why it's so good? I really just don't understand.

that being said it's still better than most action movies that came out in the last decade that's for sure

They just worship this crap because it's from a beloved franchise and has practical effects. The movie has no other redeeming qualities.

It's good if you ignore the retarded plot.

I politely disagree. 1 is a pretty solid exploitation film from beginning to end. The first half of 3 is fantastic but the fucking kids really drag down the second half. I would give 1 an 8/10 and 3 a 7/10.

nolan makes the best action movies. This one was boring and for plebs

Do you even shrek?

>Practical effects that are overwhelmingly difficult to choreograph, perform, and shoot convincingly are done flawlessly
>performances are made mostly of gestures, tics, and body language, that are informed by the physical hardships and participation of the cast
>Tons of time spent on prop design, engineering and construction that shows on screen
>Consistent and minimalist world-building, a script unburdened by needless explanation and re-iterating

But you're gonna complain, "Oh no le plot wasn't twisted and turned enough"; "Oh no le characters don't have paragraphs of script devoted to their backstories"; "Oh no it's not a waterproof plot with zero plotholes that also moves at a decent pace but with a million subplots and characters because complexity is what makes a movie good"

For its genre, it is almost flawlessly executed for its intended purposes.

Face it, you are what is wrong with cinema, fuck yourself with a cactus you mincing pretentious faggot.

shut uyp queer lmao

Well, making this thread was officially worth it. Thank you for sharing this inanity.

Besides the "le" shit, this is correct.

The movie is 100% action, it took all the best parts of action movies and removed all the needless plot that usually serves to slow down other movies. No useless side character plots, no forced romance to bring in the female crowd, and no attempt to "makes u think" crap that works great in a drama, but when you want action it falls flat.
It isn't stop and go action, it's go go go.

>drive for 120 mins
>no trees
>drive for 30 mins
>water

How the fuck could people like this movie? I wanted to like it, I hit play hoping that this would blow the shit out of TRW. But holy fuck, MM has like 2 lines, plot armor +3 all around.

terrible fucking movie 2/10

No, that would be The Matrix or The Dark Knight

Still great doe

lol no. its literally just transformers

Literally Men are evil: The movie

>hurr durr endless epic explosions and no plot is patrician
neck ys

>Plot is what makes a movie patrician

You don't even understand the fucking medium, don't you have english class in the morning you pleb

>muh practicals
lmao i bet you loved boyhood too.
>sure its fucking terrible but it took 16 years to make!

>durf hurf muh exploisions fucking epic brah so cool did u see da guy get blowd up lmao XD

>>drive for 120 mins
>>no trees
>>drive for 30 mins
>>water
This is YourMovieSucksDOTorg tier autism.
>MM has like 2 lines
Max has like 6 lines in The Road Warrior. The best Mad Max films aren't remembered for Max's lines.
>plot armor +3 all around.
More autism. The Road Warrior also had "plot armor". Countless fantastic action films have "plot armor".

Oh fuck you.

Road Warrior>Fury Road>Mad Max>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thunderdome

>it doesnt matter that theres literally no reason to care about whats happening, just turn your brain off and enjoy the orange and blue!
what did he make me think by this?

>Choreographing and filming, with careful attention to lighting, timing, and physical stunt performances, is exactly the same as filming people doing mundane things at multiple times through their lives when they had a free weekend
>t. you

If you wanted an anal reaming you could have just called your local leather house

Transformers is shit because it's full of terrible dialogue and terrible humor and the action is an incoherent CGI mess. With Fury Road the dialogue is very minimal, there's no terrible humor, every frame of action is coherent and the vast majority of the action is practically done.

Thunderdome is by far the worst
Terminator 2 is better

It's probably one of the most decent action movies of 2015, but the genre is virtually dead.
Otherwise it's not even the best Mad Max movie.

>This is YourMovieSucksDOTorg tier autism.
It was literally a retard roller coaster that ended up right back where they started.

>The Road Warrior also had "plot armor". Countless fantastic action films have "plot armor".
Just because they have it doesn't mean they have to. Lowest common denominator cinema.

>A visual medium is visual, nah fuck that
>I'm going to speak only in memes and lelelelele buzzwords

The reason to care is set up in the physical performances, physical hardships both of the characters and actors, and basic premises/themes. Sorry it isn't the brothers karamazov and you can't take in details that aren't expounded upon or worse, detailed in the dialogue.

Mixed feeling about it in relation to Road Warrior which was just so fucking grimey and even ugly. I loved that dirty rugged look Road Warrior has but this excels and is better than it in every aspect, except the Big Guy performance. I think I still like it best, if only by the tiniest of margins

>mad max - 9/10
>road warrior 10/10
>thunderdome first part 9/10
>thunderdome second part 5/10
>fury road 10/10

The ending is fucking perfect

>It was literally a retard roller coaster that ended up right back where they started.
It's literally a nonstop action orgy and your biggest complaints are minor plot nitpicks. You need to get your autism checked.
>Just because they have it doesn't mean they have to. Lowest common denominator cinema.
It's a fucking Mad Max movie, not The Godfather.

>unburdened by needless explanation and re-iterating
But that's factually wrong, you brain-dead shit chewer. Characters say and repeat the same exposition over and over again. There's literal writing on the walls telling why the women escaped. Nux and that other retard argue about it and repeat it over again. The whole business with the green place is so obvious, clichéd and repetitive I just wanted them to get it over with.

The action was extremely boring, because I didn't care about the worthless characters. If I wanted to see choreography I'd watch ballet, movies need more than eye candy to be worth watching.

>wish fulfillment female protag
Yeah nah get fucked

I agree that it's one of the best action movies ever made. Really, one of the best movies ever made, period, up there with The Road Warrior.

Whenever I see Fury Road, though, I don't feel like I'm watching a normal action flick. I view it as sort of like an action opera. Or like, an ballet, or circus.

Anyone else feel that way?

Nah, it's pretty forgettable.

Terminator 2 is action movie kino

For most of the film he's just trying to survive, man. Is survival to hard to understand for suicidal virgins too now?

And in the end he seeks redemption for not saving those other people in the flashbacks. For fucks sake, he even says it out loud

I would definitely say 13 Assassins and a bunch of Takashi Miike films are better

Pure undiluted kino

>wish fulfillment female protag
Who's wish fulfillment? The movie was written and directed by George Miller. Anyway, only bitter cucks who haven't actually watched the movie hate Furiosa. Her character was cool, she never said any "FUCK MEN" bullshit and she treated Max like an equal.

And everything you brought up was undone by actual developments in the plot developed by physical/visual storytelling

>I missed the part where it was shown that most children were born with defects
>I missed the parts where the promise of a land of milk and honey turned out to be a radioactive bog and the future of the wives was foreshadowed to be bandits on the edge of all existence

K pleb

Fury Road might be more spectacular, but The Road Warrior is the most technically impressive action movie of all time and always will be.

That last chase sequence was all done in one take.

Just because she isn't spewing tumblr catchphrases doesn't mean she isn't shoehorned in for progressive points. Her name is Furiosa for fucks sake. Dress, look and act like her for a day in the outback and you'll get raped and killed now, let alone post-apocalypse

>in the outback
t. someone not from Australia

> best action movie
Bitch please that movie is like a 7

t. Melbournite
I bet you've never left the coast you soft cunt

PURE UNDILUTED KUCKOLD DETECTED

WHO LET YOU OUT OF YOUR KUCK MUZZLE, MAX

GET BACK IN THE BACKGROUND TO PLAY SECOND FIDDLE TO A WOMAN, IN YOUR OWN MOVIE, KUKKBOI

>mfw they canceled the black and white version

stop fucking projecting cunt, i hate those fickle Eastern bastards.

I thought it was pretty average
Maybe a great action movie but that isn't saying much

This, and the Raid movies

Dredd was better than those

You realize you can set practically any TV to black and white, right?

its just not the same, senpai. My only real complaint about fury road was all the digital orange and blue

That's not all there is to it.

2nd and 5th ones Lawd