How is he NOT the best guitarist alive?

How is he NOT the best guitarist alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0Hc-9w2vqE
youtube.com/watch?v=yp9NwHHdcc0
youtube.com/watch?v=OCjobAeMBos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ritchie blackmoore is still alive

malmsteen is still alive. also, literally who?

Oh, him? Yeah, that guy is great. Totally. Way better than all those other guys.

Mastodon has great songs, but I wouldn't say he's the best

Different people have different tastes in music. While there is a objective part about beeing a good musician, which pic related obviously is, you can't determine who the best is, because it is ultimately based on opinions...you little shithead

give me a good mastadon song coz all the ones i've heard are unimpressive

Vai. Batio. Laiho. Dragonforce. Rings of Saturn. Need I continue?

Aqua dementia, all the heavy lifting, joseph merrick, divination, ghost of karelia, march of the fire ants...

Because zakk wylde still lives

I'm listening to aqua dementia now...It's not that special, he's just fast is all.

/thread

I mean...he's good. I think it's his sound that puts me off a lot of the time. I'm liking all the heavy lifting though.

Because Bill plays the lead, you dipshit...

after listening to all the beginnings of those songs i have concluded this is a band for faggots

How do you rate someone being the best at guitar? Your big gay boner for em or what?

conor mcgregor is a professional boxer, NOT a guitarist.

Today it's his birthday

Good dude.Known him for years. But the thing that separates Mastodon from the pack is his guitar playing is about the SONG not the GUITAR.

there is no best guitarist among people who play at the highest level. there is only the most creative. think hendrix. there were plenty of amazing guitarists in his day, he was simply the most creative.

youtube.com/watch?v=b0Hc-9w2vqE

He has a solo at the end of this track by CKY

best guitarist alive is John Mayer. deal with it.

power chords bro...

mastodon is p cool though

this guy gets it.

Is this another 'metal fans think fast playing makes you good' thread?

Bumblefoot isn't dead yet.

It's obviously Marc Ribot.

Any other answer is basically wrong.

How? Because all of the time he spent getting tatts, he could have been practicing guitar.

because John Frusciante is still alive!

He's a very good guitarist, but I wouldn't say he has the creative genius that some have

This guy on the other hand is one of the best musical brains.

No way! The best guitarist alive is John Butler. Listen to his song "Ocean".

>creative
That's why I have to nominate Bumblefoot, again. As if those mad artificial harmonics were not enough, his lyrics are amazing. Maybe this one is more relatable for Sup Forumstards.

boi

>>ITT
>>Posting any name that isn't Synyster Gates

Do people not understand that jazz and classical guitarists shit all over 99% of rock guitarists?

Saw them live 12h ago. Some good shreds.

>guitarists
>posts pop/rock

i got to jam with vai, super chill dude. almost peed myself.

i bet if you asked him, he'd say jimmy page is.

as he should.

as a jazz guitarist that plays rock, it's SO not that simple. sure, jazz guitarists have great technique and know their theory a lot of times, but tons of jazz guys just imitate and never actually come up with their own stuff. go to any fucking jazz club, and most of the guitarists you're gonna see are quoting bird and coltrane, or wes and benson or metheny.

classical guitarists can certainly be better all around, but they're usually regurgitating music, and it's only moving for the people who like classical music. i've spent time with david russel, andrew york, dale kavanagh, etc... and yeah, they're incredible musicians, but they're not writing to stuff that i'm going to listen to every day.

i think everyone gets that, But who wants to listen to those boring ass genres. kek

sfh

Mate listen to The Hunter, in my opinion it shows his best lead playing

>power chords
>meth-infused noodling
>boring
Son you gotta recalibrate some things.

hell ye

Clapton, Gilmore, Knofler

Page is better.

demented guy from the sandwich generation

youtube.com/watch?v=OCjobAeMBos

/thread