Predator

Why was the original predator on earth? In AVP it shows that predators have little interest in earth as there isn't really much dangerous shit to hunt and the only reason the predator in that went there was to exterminate the xenomorph presence, and in predator 2 is shows a lair with alien skulls in it and a bunch of predators but why are they there? None of the animals skulls in the room were from earth it doesn't make any sense bois.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ijclWhJ8wq8
youtu.be/YWPlDbaamh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trained humans armed with machine guns and knives can be pretty dangerous to an inexperienced predator.

>AvP
>canon after Shane Black makes his GOAT Predator buddy comedy starring Ahnold and Danny Glover

they consider our world a backwards shit planet, they used to use our planet as a testing ground which is only reason they come back. Their worlds tend to be a lot warmer so it makes sense they would visit.

it is one of the few worlds that probably has similar locations to their homeworld.

Moron.
It went to a war zone which just happened to contain highly trained soldiers. Note how the protagonists of Predator films have a tendency to kill the Predators chasing them. Don't you think that maybe, they had some kind of method of scoping these sorts of people out?
Dutch - Highly trained Spec Ops soldier
Harrigan- decorated police officer
etc.

Meant to say
***In the first Predator, it went to a war zone which just happened to contain highly trained soldiers

not really did you not watch the predator movie?

unless you have the plot armor of arnold you can't 1v1 a predator

but the only soldiers there were just gooks with old Ak's
how the fuck did he know that arnie was going to turn up with a spec ops team?
Keep in mind he was already on earth killing soldiers before arnie turned up cause the bitch arnie was draggin about knew what was up

idk mate, go ask a predator

fucking faggot

The plot armor wasn't that bad, though

Predator was taken out by guile

Which shows that humans would be good to hunt

I highly doubt Predator could absorb an AT weapon either

Small arms that hit him outside of the armor are potentially lethal

It's definitely sporting for it

He did know that special forces would show up sooner or later though.

I want to be a sexual tyrannosaur.

what about the rest of the predator race?

are the predators that do come to earth, part of the elite few 1% of their kind that get to spend billions of predator dollars on exotic human hunting trips?

i wanna see what the hell the rest of their planet does.

youtu.be/ijclWhJ8wq8

How? The whole reason they didn't call in backup and airstrikes and shit was because it was a top secret illegal incursion into a foreign country.

Probably watch "To Catch A Human" and make dank memes about it.

I asked my father that question when I was a kid and saw Predator for the first time. He told me he remembered reading an interview where they stated he was a criminal. Basically he pissed off his tribe or whatnot. That's why you see the ship just fire him off in some kind of pod. They weren't planning on picking him back up.

the real question is why haven't we seen predators with tits yet? Fucking patriarchy that's why. I want a full female cast to reboot the franchise.

>In AVP
stopped reading. dont get me wrong, i like avp and its a childhood fav but it shit all over the predator lore in my opinion.

i dont get it, why does everyone hate avp so much? I mean it wasn't a great movie or anything but it wasn't the worst thing to happen to cinema since m. Night or anything.

I saw the problems but I still kinda liked it

AVP and all the other shit like comic books completely destroyed the character, just like they did with xenomorph, in some pathetic attempt to expand the 'lore'.

i dont hate it. just got my problems with it, being a huge alien and predator fan.

i aint got time to bleed.

Because man is the ultimate prey ofcourse

fucking what?
The entire concept of predator is stupid, He's basically invisible, can see in every spectrum, has all sorts of sci fi gadgets so he hunts humans that don't even know he's there so they pose what sort of challenge? Half the time he just shoots them with the plasma gun which requires no skill at all.

I guess it's like people hunting lions and shit, they just drive in a car, pop the thing and then pose in photos like they accomplished some great test of skill.

Predators actually had some logic to it. The people know there's some sci fi dudes hunting them. They're armed to the teeth and ready for anything.

>ready for anything
not for topher grace they werent

Don't bother with the Predator sequels/alien crossovers, the original one is a standalone action movie.
The one predator's motivation will remain unknown. He might as well be some crazy bastard that stole weapons and a spaceship and went to kill innocent alien creatures.

That's half the appeal, you don't know anything about the cunt

1. Ignore all but the original

2. Predator comes to earth when it's hot enough for him to be comfortable. He's a big game hunting rich asshole. He hunts for sport, and likes trophies.

3. That's it.

hes like the alien version of dylann roof.

>reptilian
>mammary glands

>Why was the original predator on earth?
He was probably a teenager getting drunk and fucked his space car on earth and was upset cause it was his dad's car and he was gona bring the belt.

Deer isn't threatening or hard to kill.

Maybe the original Predator was just going for a relaxing hunting trip?

>reptilian
i dont know if you realize this user but predators are alien, there are no in universe reasons there can't be female predators, it is a fantasy. It is patriarchy

He was there hunting xenomorphs who escaped from one of those ancient temples like in AvP deep in the jungle and then needed to kill the humans to keep them from telling the rest of the world about his presence.

I don't know if you realize this user, but I never stated that there can't be female predators; I was implying that female predators might not have tits like female mammals do, since they aren't likely mammals.

I was also mildly implying that the predator might be female. How the fuck would we know?

we all know women have soft features and supple breasts, and can't kill people.
checkmate misogynist

The predator skinned the humans he killed and even those he didn't, so it's not just about the hunting

>Deer isn't threatening or hard to kill.
Lions and bears are.

>Aliens
>male/female

well, in the first one it shows the first guy who got taken and his organs are all left on the ground, and predators have never been depicted eating their kills, so I doubt its for food.

He was a teenager. It's a coming of age ceremony; a right of passage. The humans he killed in that jungle were probably the first he'd had.

You don't say

Okay cool but how does that relate at all to what I was saying?

Would make for a good prequel premise.

>right of passage
rite of passage user, its confusing I know but best to learn it so rude anons won't make fun of you.

To kill the batman

You compare humans to deers. I said, that humans must be compared to lions, bears etc. Because, theyre dangeros.

Wolf Predator is the best Predator
>youtu.be/YWPlDbaamh8

too bad you could barely see him in the fucking movie

>The entire concept of predator is stupid, He's basically invisible, can see in every spectrum, has all sorts of sci fi gadgets so he hunts humans that don't even know he's there so they pose what sort of challenge? Half the time he just shoots them with the plasma gun which requires no skill at all.
Just think if Navy SeALs can go invisible.

well humans arent really dangerous, if you look at the predator pyramid we are at stage 2 right there next to pigs, our technology is the only thing that allows us to pretend we are the apex predators, and given the predators technology is vastly superior he may as well be shooting pigs. The only reason the humans win in the predator movies is because they spend the whole movie dicking around taking them out one by one, instead of just shooting thee fuckers and taking their skulls.

The real question is: Is Predator stronger than Xenomorph?

why is he called wolf predator? He doesn't even look like a wolf.

well, xenomorphs breed fast
predators have guns
xenomorphs kill predators occasionally
predators kill dozens of xenomorphs before finally being overpowered
xenomorphs have acid blood
predators have armour and knives that don't even get destroyed by it
I would say totally unarmed 1 on 1 combat a xenomorph would win
but...
An armed predator with full combat gear could take down a nest on his own.

Humans are pretty good at killing anything so they are good game for them.

Arnolds team wasn't first one sent to that jungle. One of Arnolds objectives was to find out what happened to the guys that came before them.

Also, the Predators have been to earth since at least the 1700s or even earlier if you count AvP as canon. It's not unbelievable to assume that they know we send reinforces etc.

>supposed to be a race who enjoys the thrill of the hunt
>uses advanced tech

Incorrect
arnie didn't know about the previous team, his team found their remains by accident.

Only when outnumbered or outgunned.

>AvP
>canon

Prometheus retconned it, in case you missed that.

I always use to think the predator was just some accountant or dentist in his every day life and coming to Earth and hunting humans is what he did on the weekend.

Thrill of the hunt doesn't necessarily mean you're on equal terms with your prey. It means you enjoy hunting. It even means using your superiority to instill fear.

Basically his dick was getting hard knowing he was making everyone else shit their pants. He plays with his prey. Hes a predator.

They might be outclassed or matched evenly on other planets.

Fairness isn't paramount for them as much as getting the trophy (Skull).

But if they respect an opponent enough they will even the playing field to fight them.

>Why was the original predator on earth?
hunting trip, they hunt us for sport. the woman even says, "make trophies of men"
They only come down in hot climates where there is conflict. LA in the 2nd film.

Theyre more like pic-related. Trophy hunters. They werent originally about "muh honor". But now its canon that there are different tribes with different codes so...

>He plays with his prey. Hes a predator.
oh i get. why didnt the movie just say that?

Do you think a predator would call pic related one ugly motherfucker?

Around the same strength wise, the op plasma gun lets Predators fuck up a gorillion xenos though.

However Grid fucked two Preds on his own. He is the GOAT xeno.

>in predator 2 is shows a lair with alien skulls in it and a bunch of predators but why are they there? None of the animals skulls in the room were from earth

He literally gives him a handgun from the old west, implying that 1997 was at LEAST the third time they were there

>Harrigan escapes from the ship as it takes off and reaches the surface just as the remainder of Keyes' team arrives. Harrigan knows that the creatures will return and continue to hunt on Earth as they have done for centuries.

They dont hunt apes/

Predator vs. The Thing

Who wins here? Could Predators actually sense replicas thru their gadgets?

>They werent originally about "muh honor
yeah they were, they only hunt combatants, they dont hunt people without weapons.

>Prometheus
>canon

You dont hunt chickens as well. Theyre just not intrested in them.

He did do some minor surgery on himself...

The original Predator doesn't have any character to begin with.

It's just another monster that murders people for no good reason. AVP movies are shit but at least they try to not make them mindless killing machines.

Predator is literally the title.

The original title was Hunter.

It's just a nickname for script purpose.

It looks good, but holy fuck those films were terrible.

It's just in the script/on the set, so there's a way to differentiate between the others of his kind.

Literally a race of alien whores.

They're a Jew's wet dream.

No matter with whom they racemix, their kid always turns out Asari.

>racemixing is even encouraged and those who don't racemix are shamed by everyone else

well the thing can't replicate non organic material, it figuring out how to put a shirt on and how to place complicated armour on are 2 different things.

>It's just another monster that murders people for no good reason.
And that's the best thing about him retard.
>AVP movies are shit but at least they try to not make them mindless killing machines.
No, they make them into le noble savages from space, literally the worst possible option.

you know what didnt make any fucking sense?
The fact that the xenomorphs can impregnate humans and come out xenomorphs but when they impregnate predators they become mulattos

Whose idea was it originally to tie in Alien with Predator, expect to set it in the modern day rather than after the Nostromo encounters the Xenomorph?

It was a comic first right, are the AvP films adaptations of them?

Xenomorhs originally came from humans.

You mother fucker. Well played.

>a handgun from the old west

How fucking nogunz can you be?

Arnie didn't know, but Dillon did

The "find the VIP" was a cover for finding what had destroyed the team

I shouldve been more clear. The trophies have to come from something relatively dangerous. Like an elephant to a safari hunter, which isnt really honor.

Trophy hunters like to go after bears. But they generally don't go after bear cubs. That doesn't mean there's anything honourable in how they hunt bears, because they still shoot them from afar and often just sit around waiting for a bear to approach a baited barrel. They just don't go after bear cubs because cub skulls/skins make for inferior trophies.

Similarly, Predators are not interested in easy prey because it makes the hunt boring, and if the hunt is boring it's not worth a trophy.

AVP was only watchable for the action, which was fun.

AVP2 on the other hand? A complete piece of irredeemable shit. Really fucking bad.

i know mate

>No, they make them into le noble savages from space, literally the worst possible option.
Who you calling a savage, monkey? You faggots have had electricity for what, 120 years? you just finally got around to splitting the atom and can barely get to your only planetary orbiting body and all of a sudden you backwards fucks decided to crown yourself king shit. Let me tell you something you ignorant waste, don't try to figure out why we do what we do with your tiny monkey brain that hides a tinier reptile brain. not yet.

I want a threesome with Liara and her mom.

:'(

It was due to the whole Ancient Aliens becoming popular again.

>tfw we'll never get a crazy adaptation of the Alien Vs. Predator. Vs Terminator comic

why would he fight some fur fag from the post credits scenes

>mfw I got to meet the guy in the wolf suit
It was about 8 or 9 years ago and fuck me, the dude was tall - easily over 7ft