Is it safe to assume that Labour with Corbyn is absolutely finished...

Is it safe to assume that Labour with Corbyn is absolutely finished? May is securing an overwhelming majority for Brexit on her own terms. This is going to be a massacre.

basically, yes

Tories will certainly destroy Labour but i don't think it's the end of the party.

They'll get another moderate leftist in (blairite) and they'll make some gains.

>They'll get another moderate leftist in (blairite)
how? their membership has been totally subverted by student gommies. if it's not corbyn it will be someone exactly like him

Fucking Momentum retards.

Momentum are great, they're the most useful idiots.

Until 2022 it is, certainly the end of Corbyn though.

I wasn't aware before today that May had such high approval ratings. Suppose it's to be expected for such a conservative nation.

20-point lead is historical. Corbynistas hijacked the Labour party and this is the result.

Except Blare was hated as well along with that Scottish cunt
Labour is shit face it

They might be able to recover in a decade, maybe.

Blair had 19-point lead at one point and he won three general elections in a row.

Blair is also Scottish.

I'm just an outside observer, so I might be completely clueless, but to me she seems to have doing pretty good so far, especially considering the monumental task she's faced with.

At least she did not abandon ship like those pricks Farage and Cameron.

Likewise, Brexit hasn't even done a thing economically to the UK.

Just imagine if there wasn't immense anti-brexit fearmongering from all across the world. The UK would probably be doing even better.

I personally don't expect a much better conservative result though. Everyone underestimates Corbyn, and Labour will do better than polled.

they shouldve stood against brexshit but they didnt. corbyn must be genuinely pro-brexshit and as long as they are double faced that way it doesnt have to exist.

They did though, John-san.

Corbyn never had a chance to begin with

36% of labour voters voted for brexit
And give UKIP to the north?

He will win this election.

Most Brits agree with him on everything except immigration mate

Is this a child?
Do Brits elect children?

bullshit

Sure he will. Sounds about as likely as Trump winning I suppose.
Doesn't really matter if he can't perform in the polls. Most people agreed with Sanders yet he still lost the Democratic nomination.

Let's be honest, that one topic is no longer just a backburner set on a catalogue of other issues, it's one of the primary concerns throughout the Western world right now. It wouldn't be surprising for someone's position on that to increasingly be make or break platforms.

Sanders will never be as popular again as he was. For one, he's getting too old. Secondly, he marched in lockstep with the Clintonistas even after they fucked him dry. Between that, his increasing adoption of identity politics, and accusations of cowardice (that start to look credible in light of his buckling to Clinton) he has no chance of running for the White House again.

>Likewise, Brexit hasn't even done a thing economically to the UK.
Why would it? That never made any sense because for now literally nothing has changed, britain is still in the EU and will be for two years, there is no reason the economy would suddenly fall apart with no actual changes.

I think thats why she's so popular right now, she's sticking it out and keeps up a positive facade instead of falling into nihilism like many others, so she's pretty much the only option for people who want to be optimistic.

Its pretty clever of her to get this election now instead of after the two years negotiation where her popularity will inevitably suffer from people getting mad she isn't delivering the absurd unrealistic deal terms the journalists are suggesting people they should expect.

>Sanders will never be as popular again as he was.

He actually has the highest approval rating of any politician in the US, at least as of a month ago. He might not run again, but he's still back at work fighting for American interests, and the people who support him are still moving forward and strongly opposing the establishment politics of the Democrats.

Nah, you're 100℅ right

And what does that mean when he's shown how quick and eager he is to roll over for those politics if they get in his way? The Democratic party is fucking doomed if its reformers are the likes of Sanders and other progressive darlings like Ellison.

Deutche Bank's take on snap election

Somehow, I have a hard time taking DB seriously anymore, considering how horribly they've been performing over the last several years compared to pretty much all other major banks. Clearly they're not very good at what they do, at least compared to the competition.

Well, they clearly think Theresa May did the right thing.

and now everyone thinks hes the devil

Is that why his general approval rate is rock bottom?

So what? He's not active in politics anymore. People were celebrating Thatcher's death, remember?

>People were celebrating Thatcher's death, remember?

Thatcher has never been anywhere near as unpopular as blair

He alienated his own base with Iraq and the econmic crisis hit.

And by being a capitalist as well, which is why corbyn is so popular within labours voterbase

It's important not to conflate support with a politician's stated positions with support for the politician himself. Trump for instance isn't very popular right now, but some of his ideas, like cracking down on sanctuary cities, is overwhelmingly supported.

It's very easy to fall into that trap and the media knows it and will help facilitate that kind of confusion. That's why they're suddenly releasing articles discussing how surveys show Americans agree with the Democrats on their views, without discussing the fact the party is currently moribund thanks to its shitty personalities.

Personally speaking as an example, I probably agree with the Democrats more than half the time on individual issues, but I've still decided I will never vote for one again until the entire party is reformed from the bottom up. I don't imagine it would be too hard to see the same dynamic happening with Labour.

Thats not the case though, his ideas in general are unpopular and thats the biggest reason as to why hes unpopular

Back then, ''Third way'' was popular globally among the Left. Schroeder, Prodi, Clinton etc.

Does that mean is just totally full of it and Corbyn's positions are just as unpopular? I've talked to a few people who've said otherwise, though they did seem a bit desperate with the points.

>Why would it?

Well, you should've asked that question to the IMF WORLD BANK GOLDMAN SACHS DEUTSCHBANK EU GERMANY SPAIN OBAMA CAMERON MERKEL ABE and 48% of the UK.

DB is always wrong on everything non-German.

If Labour loses Corbyn because they get destroyed by the Conservatives, that actually makes Brexit less likely.

It's far better for Brexiters if this election doesn't happen, and better for all of the UK if it does.

>Everyone underestimates Corbyn, and Labour will do better than polled.
It's not really about him.He is just not popular among british voters. If anyone is critiquing him personally, it's on the merits that he is bad at gaining people's support and confidence. He has all the right opinions, but with the labour party officials so against him, I just can't see him taking particularly many people too him.

It makes no difference as long as conservatives keep their majority.

Shouldn't support the Conservative party, though. They'll only let you down.

>tfw you could have stopped it

APOLOGISE