Why are religious people so retarded...

Why are religious people so retarded? Do they actually believe an invisible space genie created the universe and intentionally planted evidence that would oppose creationism? Not bait, just curious as to why there are still people this hilariously retarded in the 21st century.

Pic related; it's a religious person.

Other urls found in this thread:

science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-powered-the-big-bang
youtu.be/V9c2XRluot4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you actually believe nothing exploded and created everything?

Christians believe some random dude burned 1000 animals alive and God gave him a free wish for it, my dude. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Yea, and a giant invisible space man just appeared as well.

it is no nothing. it is only very close to nothing. l2quantumphysics

People are insecure. The truly insecure are religious. They want any story they can find and they don't want to think.

I am not a physicist and as such have limited knowledge on the creation of the universe, however I do value the opinion of people who are actually educated on the topic over those of screeching retards who believe an evil space wizard will set you on fire if you base your beliefs on logic and evidence instead of a 2000 year old fantasy novel. So, while I am not educated enough to speak on the accuracy of the big bang, I will say that it is infinitely more likely than creationism.

Didn't say I was Christian. I don't believe the universe has a beginning. Everything just exists.

My point is how is an omnipotent being creating the universe any more ridiculous than nothing exploding into everything. Oth sound like bullshit to me.

The big bang was not an explosion. Please don't discuss science if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Believing in god =/= believing everything in the bible

What was it then? not trolling just curious. Take your time I'm going to the store for beer.

There's no way to know for certain.
It would be just theories

Mass expansion essentially. I am not the most educated person on physics, but if you're curious I would suggest reading up on it. NASA has some good shit on it.

Isn't mass expansion just a fancy way to say explosion?

Not at all. The expansion of mass is impossible in an explosion. That's like saying the creation of photons is an explosion.

No obviously a man with superpowers did that. You'd have to be stupid not to believe that a man with superpowers made the universe.

If you instead believe "gee I don't actually know the answer, who else might? Religious leaders maybe, but throughout human history most religious stories about creation didnt actually agree with all the other religious stories. So no matter what the truth actually is, almost all of them must be wrong. Maybe I should consider non-religious information about the inherently non-religious topic of cosmology, and look to information that can actually stand on its own merit and be verified by direct observation?" then sorry but your just a total fucking retard. Good luck being stupid all your life.

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES

Edgy atheist: *tips fedora* so you wanna disrespect anime *screeches while flaying knife around* where is your God now

*earthbound battle music plays in background*

I'd say 95% of my science program have some religious background while our arts program is filled with atheists. Someone explain?

Because art use to be an expression of an emotion in a time when such was looked down upon now its just edgy 13 year olds complaining about depression

That's one retarded science program.

"Christian science" isn't actually science. Sorry to break it to you.

You're one retarded science program.

Exactly as someone who is christian the idea that christian science seemed reasonable to anyone baffles me

Jesus freaks and ragheads worship the same MiddleEastern God bunk

Are you fucking retarded to think that everything written in some book is meant to be taken literally?

Actually one is described as an all knowing all loving benevolent force while the other one calls its people to war and encourages rape, genital mutilation, and suicide

If you believe in god you're retarded sweetie.

Both of them do that retard. One just has supporters that pretends all the bad parts of its scripture don't exist.

Well, Sup Forums is not your personal playground to question someone's beliefs.

Science doesnt have all the answers about how life came to be and when it does sure ill look at it with reason and decide for myself whether or not i still believe in God but whats wrong with just believing in something bigger than yourself i know it doesnt make sense in the way you might look at it but aslong as we arnt hurting anyone or anything are we not allowed to have our own beliefs

Religious retardation strikes again.

That is literally what it is you little psychocuck.

Why the hell can't I question someone's beliefs? If your beliefs are retarded then they should be challenged.

Alright then explain with science how nothing became something

Yeah, science doesn't have all the answers. Nor does it claim to. That's not a reason to assume an evil warlock in the sky did it and will burn everyone who don't convince themselves he exists.

Proven science not obcuscure theories

trips checked

Indoctrination

Read a book dumbass. You have all the knowledge in the world at your fingertips.

If you dont have all the answers then who are you to say im wrong

While it is difficult to believe in God but the real question is why is it hard to believe there is something greater than ourselves.

Im not the one who believes this if you do truly think science can explain everything then find the book for me and prove me wrong

Creationism is not a theory. Please stop using scientific terms to describe your weird crackpot dreams.

Explain this atheists

Not a book but it's a good start.

I wants talking about creationism i was saying that if he could use proven science and not obscure theories to prove me wrong then i would happily consider his ideals

Thank you

It's not fact. It's a theory. Get over it.

A rational human being who doesn't believe in magical space tyrants.

Atheists explain this

>
>It's not fact. It's a theory. Get over it.
Honey, do you know what a theory is? Gravity is also a theory. Evolution is a theory. Just because something is a theory doesn't mean every rational person on the planet won't accept it as truth.

You may be rational but your beliefs are still not proven so no matter how much common sense you use your beliefs and mine are both viable

It is still a theory but one that seems to have alot of information surrounding it i will admit yet ut never goes into detail in how the big bang just happened from nothing just how the big bang made the building blocks for our universe

Look, I am an atheist. Really hardcore. But this thread is a complete troll. I only made it to get reactions but you are being so nice that your making me feel bad. Don't let a random thread on Sup Forums upset you. Everyone here is just a retarded asshole who wants to piss people off. If you're a creationist that's fine. I don't actually think you're retarded. I think you're wrong, but thinking someone is wrong doesn't mean you think their stupid. As long as you aren't hurting anyone I'm fine with your beliefs. Again, I'm a virgin retard on Sup Forums. Don't worry about what I think.

I knew this was bait but i really enjoy these conversations with people because i believe debates are a way of opening ones minds to other ideas i was not really mad more interested in what you have to say though i am very happy that you are being honest with me

Go back to /x/

I'm open to debates too but I generally don't wanna call a bunch of strangers retarded for no reason.

Its Sup Forums if your not calling everyone you meet retards then your doing it wrong

People are afraid of death, I guess. The belief that you go to this fantastic place where everything is great after death is something that makes people less afraid of death.

youtu.be/V9c2XRluot4 this

what the fuck?