God Tier Degrees

What're the best degrees to get?

whatever the guy on the left in your pic got

MD, DDS, DO, JD from top 15 uni, engineering PhD (except bio or biomedical or environmental) from top 10 uni, math/physics/statistics PhD from top 5 uni

How the hell am I going to get into a top 15 uni?

If I go to a low-tier uni and get good grades can I transfer to a high-tier uni?

How is a PhD in a biomedical science not god tier? They're the ones figuring out how diseases fuck up your shit up so they can find potential targets for treatment. Without them, the pharmaceutical companies would just be throwing shit at a wall trying to figure out what they can use to treat x disease.

Pharma companies usually hire PhD with chemistry degree or PharmD for that matters actually. Also they hire MD for clinical trials. There aren't that many job positions for bio or bioengineering due to PharmD, MD, or chemistry ppl taking over positions
I have seen some people from 2-3 tier uni like CalPoly going into PhD for top unis like Stanford

genderstudies

I'm majoring in Geology, I'll make it, right?

Are you doing some petroneum or natural resource related shit?

What is Michael Jackson doing to that poor guy in the blindfold?

a PhD in advanced memetics

I don't think I'm smart enough for any of that anyway. What about computer programming or something?

Will I get a good job m80s? I'm doing a combined major in political science and business administration, and minoring in economics

CS is always a great degree for job market. Petroneum engineering is good too. Mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering are great as well.

I want to stay away from the petroleum field if possible

If you aren't interested in it then don't bother

Marketing
Youth work

I thought it has been a field with good income. Is that no longer the case because of dropping oil price after shale oil shit?

bump

>business administration

Fucking worthless, you get binned instantly if that's all you bring.

Did you even read? I'm not majoring just in BA

Computer Science with a Business minor.

that image

All these meme majors, why even bother?

Minor in stat or math already. Back in my undergrad, people with management science/econ major who minored in math/stat landed into well-paying job positions

CS but dont be a dumbass. I'm 22 and making more than most of your parents. (100k + equity ;])

going for GIS and CIS

AmIdoinitright?

Thanks for the advice - I'll definitely keep it in mind. I still want to know what my job prospects are like with my current setup though. Do you have any insight on that?

>falling for the great degree meme

What do you want to do with your life? If you don't know the answer to that, start working on it. Who are you? What are your values? What do you find to be an acceptable way to spend your day? What's your minimum standards of living? Can you tolerate elitists? Poors? Women? Nig nogs? Can you sit at a desk for 8 hours? Can you work 60 hour weeks? 80? 100?

Work backwards from there.

of course you are

:]

It fluctuates, it was very good recently, but my father keeps pushing me into engineering because he says the market won't look too good soon and its unstable, hence why I don't want to get too tied down to petroleum. Plus I think I'd personally like the more varied work you'd get if you focused more on soft and hard rock - minerals and such.

If you're going in now Petroleum engineering is good if you go to a top 3 school.

if i wanted to do undergrad over again i'd do math or physics

can literally do anything with either of those degrees.

I'm a big fuck up, maybe I was meant to drop out of university after 1 semester anyways here's my story.

>Physiology major at McGill
>Jacked off during first semester
>Shit GPA
>Tried to get my shit together couldn't
>Fast forward a year my GPA is 2.5
>Need to get it up to 2.75 to be eligible for a masters in biomedical engineering
>Want to get a masters so i can work for big pharma/big biomed (GE)

i'm also coding up some projects

>2.X gpa
>thinks he can qualify for a worthwhile graduate program

top kek

I study Manufacturing Technology.

2 year Associates or even a fucking CERTIFICATE is all you need to get hired almost immediately. It is massively in demand.

MD/DO emergency medicine (300/hr is pretty common rate right now thanks to obamacare)

O/W Id become a anesthesia assistant, 100/hr with only two years of grad school and no residency.

Wait what

minimum for application is 2.75 let a man hope okay?

Biomed here btw.

He fixes manufacturing robots

I know. I'm meming for more information.

you have a masters?

Bump of truth

No, a student.

Transferring to UT soon. I have a 3.34 GPA right now and 3.5 has a decent transfer rate. My GPA is only rising ever since Trump helped me kick my depression.

MF Technology covers manual and CNC machining on lathes, mills, and other shop equipment like grinders and saws. It requires a basic knowledge of trigonometry at best. You also learn print reading and the use of AutoCAD/Drafting. The only hard thing about it is that it takes practice and experience to get good at.

okay what degree are you doing now and what degree are you planning on completing?

So it would take more side classes. Fuck.

Biomedical engineering, mostly man-machine symbiosis

>degrees
>not studying by yourself
>not using free resources to learn anything you could learn at college

It's a load of fun, going to class does not feel like a chore and the environment is great. Mostly 40+ guys who've been working in the industry for years just looking to learn the ropes of newer technology.

Fine Art

No seriously

I make shit for a living. How fucking cool is that?!

Entrepreneur
School will give you a measly 100k after 30 something year's of work.
Learn your own way, make millions.

>emergency medicine (300/hr is pretty common rate right now thanks to obamacare)
Didn't know that EM work that many hrs cuz I heard they work relatively less due to them having to work at very random timeframe. Idk. I haven't been that interested in EM anyway. I would want to go into hem/oc, pain medicine, or sleep medicine anyway. Surgery specialties other than ortho, plastic, or neurosurg don't seem to have good compensation considering residency length and working hrs as well. FM and general internists are jokes

>vertical milling
literally pleb tier

So Art School, then?

Objectively comp sci.

By 2020 projected 1 million job vacancies in the comp sci umbrella with only a fraction of the needed graduates to fill such positions in the US.

That is 1 million jobs that pay six figures that you'll have virtually no competition for if you have a degree.

The world runs on computers. It's literally power: the degree.

Major in CIS. Any job title that's a GIS_____, does not pay as well. Best to keep it a strong skill.

Computer Science is shit.

Sure, it offers you a range of useful knowledge to work on basically any field, but you'll have to slug for years working for shitty companies with shitty policies and dealing with idiot bosses, clients, and non-programming coworkers alike.

I'm 32 and I'm actually regreting graduating in CS and not in Law so I could become a judge or something in position of authority. Ah, the changes I could do if I just could tell people around me what to do. I'd fix the world around me, or die trying. As a programmer, I can't do shit.

Yo user, we should chat later as I've got a calc 3 final to study for. HMU on steam: CANT STUMP TRUMP

30-35hrs/wk with overall compensation of 500k is pretty doable in much of the country for EM. Nsgy makes 700k + but work 60+ hrs a week to get that.

That being said EM requires you work night shifts when your the new guy most of the times. Also salary usually plummets if you want to live in SD, LA, SF, or NY etc.

microbiology. develop quality genes to convert into dank memes. sell shares. instant profit.

ouch Physiology...what a mistake my fellow McGillian. I'm under the impression that it's the major flooded by wannabe asian doctors. Those 200-level courses with 1200 students are absurd, they're just there to bankroll the university

>Brazil

There's your problem senpai. Move to the US.. LEGALLY... and you'll get a job. Not only do we need Computer Scientists, we gotta fill that minority quota.

yeah you're right, the program has great researches, but not the BEST teachers I'll tell you that, oh well it's an uphill battle but i'll do my best and graduating from McGill with a B.Sc regardless is well seen anyways.

>move to burgerland

No thanks. I'd rather see if I can get a German passport (since my great-grandfather was a German immigrant) and, once there, start a crusade against the mudslimes to throw them into the Mediterranean or some shit like that. America, with its conservative bullsack and aversion to sex, is not the place for me.

>Nsgy
I don't even know if I can get into that to begin with. Only 1 student in my med school makes it every year. I don't have that good grade. (and if I have that good grade, I think I will go to derm)
Do you have anything to say about PMR? It sounds like a good specialty that doesn't require that high step score and shit. I am interested as it is one way other than anesthesiology that can go into pain medicine.

Engineering
Law
Medical

Anything else is a joke.

This. The boom in Williston had my cousin, Master's in Geology, making easy 200k. After the boom, he's in Detroit working for his mom.

thanks senpai

you forgot to add chemistry, senpai

You can honestly work a stupid job like a mailman and still get more money and benefits than the majority of degree jobs.

AAS in Electrical Tech, or Nuclear Tech. Both ridiculously rewarding 2 year degrees. Keep your loan debt low and rake in the money

What would be the point of doing that over chemical engineering?

Math.

If you are willing to work hard & get into a quality company then you can live a comfortable lifestyle. Also bonus for saving up for own equipment & starting side business!!

fifth degree mason

Cs is fucking dumb

Mache alles humiliation (bsc)

>HAAS
pleb.
>Vertical mill
pleb.
>3-axis
pleb.

can't even program i bet. nub.

>can't even program i bet. nub.

Wrong

Finance / Real Estate Finance

How's the teaching field?

There will always be a need for teachers but your salary is basically tied to what the price of living is in that area. If you like in a city salary is $50k. If you live in a small town salary is $25k. Also getting a post grad degree lets you teach in good schools and increases your life time earnings by literally a million dollars.

Probably not dude. Unless you know someone that can hook you up with a job your degrees aren't looking too good

Not really. You can literally do anything as long as you have a decent array of technical skills/ have internship experience/ made connections with people. Math and physics degrees mean naught unless you have at least two of the above if you're going into non-academic fields.
t. Unemployed math and physics major who fuck up in life

You got to have a skill degree, PolySci is an interest degree.

Skill degrees are language, math, science (practical), etc

Technical geography
specializing in GIS and Remote sensing

third fastest growing career globally

literally 10's of thousands of jobs with no graduates to fill them