The Strain

Worm tongue vampires are back. Season 3 premiered today. Thoughts?

tfw no qt mom to do vampire /ss/ with

the first half was great

I don't like that they'll split up and the fag is still obsessed with his dead wife and son

I'm so sick of the son but at least the plot is moving again

At least it looks like the son will finally die since he's a hostage for the book.

I like how they broke up the old and tiring group of survivors dynamic and let every character do his own thing.
That was needed to shake things up and to differentiate the show from most others of the genre.

I was bummed out by the handwaving, that the military can't/won't do shit for NYC, because they have to handle little outbreaks all over the country.

And as
said, the nuclear family melodrama has got to stop.

>Season 3

I was convinced this was one of those shows that would get shafted after just one season.

Is it really that popular?

FX and literally only this and american horror story

what the fuck happened with my post

>Sorry, ma'am, but you aren't white
>BLAM
What did the American soldiers meant by this?

In this show Trump won the elections

Anyone got that jew killing webm?

gochu covered senpai desu

thx beb

opening was pretty operator

i liked it.

w-where can i torrent?

Literally anywhere

its shit

Thanks for making a thread user. The Night Of just finished and I was wondering what I was gonna watch now.
Fucking awesome

It's good shit

English subtitles yet?

im gonna go watch last ep of s2 to remind me what it was about before watching first ep of s3 but i need english srt

>mfw english speakers who need subtitles

Are the second and third seasons any better than the first? I dropped it midway through because it was god awful.

im not english and deaf asshole

>implying you can understand what Im even saying

WHAT?

If you thought season 1 was god awful you, and arn't the target audience and you arn't going to enjoy seasons 2/3 because it's more of the same.

It's campy, self aware horror schlock.

how come spider-man isn't helping out

?????????

Learn to lipread you fucking pleb

L O L

>It's an Army men understimate their targets episode

doesnt help with gun sounds

I liked when Eichorst trolled the shit out of Fet

>it's a SEAL team gets baited to an ambush episode

>implying he can read ADRd shit and people yelling in the background.
You have to see the lips to read them, retard.

>tfw no hackerfu tonight

>it's a Kelly is cute episode

oh look yet another woman with a manjaw on american tv. literally what is your obsession with this shit, murrica?

>41 minutes

Didn't the other opener episodes get more.

the army heatvision scenes were kino

pls kill off zach next episode tnx

oh BTW HOL UP
wasn't the vampire strain-cold-hands dude dead? I can't remember how he died but didn't he die? anyone?

she's not American

She's a Brit, blame them for making the an jaw

Good Dutch sucks

>it's a Zack chooses his murdering, monster mom over people trying to save humanity season

The show is really switching up from the book now. The master didn't go to Eph until the last book

Last ep of the season is called The Fall

Is the book series over? How does it end. Use tags for people who don't want to know please

In his defence, there's shit tons of slurred speech in the series. Especially when they're describing fictional history or whenever the old man talks.

Nuclear explosions destroying the final ancients. The sun is blocked out from the fallout

Also there's often radios on in the background describing other events going on in the city

Zack is the most unbearable child character in any medium. Young anakin has nothing on him.

I read a synopsis of it. Basically, the head vampire is part of an angel, all the other less evil vampires are also part of the angel. The vampires create a nuclear war so the sun can't effect them any more. The book has some secret that can kill them all, can't remember why.

Where is Silver Angel, why are they taking so long to have a luchador fighting vampires

Eph saves the world by blowing up the masters birthplace. His son died because and Gus died helping them. The only people that survived were Norah and Fet

Young Anakin was at least not a nasty dumb asshole, just portrayed by a bad actor and spouting hideous dialogue.

Who start banging at some point in the book. Poor cuck Eph.

They don't bang until the end but it's pretty much kissing infront of Eph and blaming him for everything. Gus makes fun of him because Fet cucked him cause he doesn't like Eph

Which means that the book ending is completely ruled out.

Oddly enough the show has also had Sean Astin survive his character's death scene (when he gets attacked in the hospital basement by the airline pilot) and Palmer survived his death scene (when he fucks up the auction, now The Master killed Coco instead of him, which means every action he takes from this point forward will be 100% OC)

I just remembered that in the book Nora BTFOs Kelly

They literally completely inverted it in the show

The master still needs him for the plant

so Quinlan dies with the Master? ;_;

guys wasn't the vampire that fights vampires killed last season? the one that talked shit to the old masters in this ep

What? No?

wasn't his squad ambushed last season, in the book deal thing? how am i remembering this wrongly

The tacticool guy died. that was a different guy in the same uniform

Soft recast.

Stephen McHattie was originally hired to play the dhamphir Quinlan but it seems his 58-year-old body is just too arthritic for the rolling around sprinting shooting chopping routine Quinlan does.

So McHattie's character was retconned into just being one of the Ancient's lieutenants and then killed off.

Which was fucking stupid in and of itself because there was an Ancient lieutenant who spent a good chunk of the books hanging out with Quinlan and Gus and I would have enjoyed seeing McHattie continue the role and banter with them.

hmm have no idea what you mean, gonna skip thru some of s2 in a bit i guess

how close is the series to the comics so far?

yeah i have no idea who any of those names are lel

Quinlan - "good" vampire, ultimate badass, Master's wife's son

Gus - cholo gangbanger with a heart of gold

"Vaughn" - the "good" vampire with the SWAT team who met up with Gus last season, was originally meant to be the Quinlan character but was changed into a different character when the actor was found to be too frail to do the role onscreen

The entire Vaughn subplot was cut and rearranged with the new Quinlan actor

The first vampire fighter in the red and black gear dies going after Eldrich Then a different vampire hunter named Quin shows up, he has the bone sword.

Which one are you asking about?

Some stuff is switching around but it's close to The Fall

It's a confusing point because they basically added a completely superfluous character then immediately killed him off in order to justify an actor change

A more reasonable showrunner would have just replaced the actor in the exact same scene in the following episode and assume the viewers wouldn't notice anyway because of the makeup

Yeah, I'm guessing The Fall will happen regardless. Just how we get there and who is alive at that point will be the changes.

VAMPIRE

Like how Game of Thrones replaced Tommen, Myrcella, Daario, Leaf, Bloodraven and The Mountain (twice!) and nobody cared

FUCKING

ah nm, i didn't even remember they were different characters lol, i'm good now, just skipped thru s2 a bit, thanks for clearing it up

it was confusing cause one user mentioned book chars and i know nothing of them

You're conflating two different characters.

That are *barely* two different characters

I haven't read the comics but I know how it ends and I hope they still do that ending, fuck Zack