Why isn't he in the Hall of Fame? Is he being blackballed due to his right-wing political views?

Why isn't he in the Hall of Fame? Is he being blackballed due to his right-wing political views?

Other urls found in this thread:

si.com/mlb/2016/11/29/curt-schilling-dan-shaughnessy-hall-fame-vote-journalists-threat
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, he's being blackballed because he has to wait his ass in line behind Mike Mussina. He doesn't get to jump to the front just because he played in BAAHHHston and spilled ketchup on his sock.

Im pretty sure he has the best numbers out of any pitcher not in the HoF who isn't Roger Clemens. He also has 3 ships

Actually their numbers are pretty equal. Mussina had more wins, Schilling a better career ERA. Personally I prefer someone who was consistent over a long period of time to someone who spiked for four years.

Schilling's persecution complex has nothing to do with the vote.

He's not in because he's not good enough. Mussina was better, longer.
>roids

Wah. Muh right wing values. Nobody loves me. It's not fair. I need a safe place.

He explicitly sympathized with lynching journalists and bragged about his collection of Nazi and SS memorabilia.

Advocates lynching journalists.
Journalists vote for HoF nominees.
Gee. I wonder why he didn't make it.

The funny part about the Nazi shit is that he claimed it was just some innocent collection of WWII stuff, but literally every single picture he posted was Nazi gear. And yes, a bunch of it was SS.

11-2 sub 2 postseason era
Nlcs MVP
Ws MVP
3x 300 strikeouts
3x 20 game winner.
Dominated for stretches in both leagues. Dominant in a way that moose never was (yankee fan).
Bloody sock "lore"

It makes no sense. He should be in. Fuck the Red Sox fuck the dbacks. I think it's hysterical he lost his money in a failed video game then lost his job because he couldn't lay off the dank memes. Dude needs a break. Needs to be a HOFer.

He is not getting in cause he is red pilled

muh wins

>things that have nothing to do with baseball

Proves my point tbqh.

Bagwell deserved it more.

Because the baseball hall is officially the most laughable sports accomplishment, a title formerly held by the Heisman
But the Heisman at least somewhat tries to counteract those voters who turn ESPN on after week 1 of the season and decide who they're voting on right then by having past winners vote
The baseball hall is done entirely though 95 year old writers with grudges against people who were mean to them or were better than their favorite players, and think not voting for them is proof otherwise

that little stint in Philly didnt do him any favors

>started off as shit middling SP
>trains with ROIDger clemens
>gets better as he gets older
>bend fabric of time like barry bonds

yea, if the voters care about PEDs not being in HOF then Schilling doesnt even remotely pass the smell test. Not nearly good enough to TRUMP his misgivings.

Was he ever the best pitcher on his own team? Shit in Philadelphia, Randy Johnson in Arizona, Pedro GOAT Martinez in Bawstun

Except they can't use the PED excuse after voting in almost unanimously the guy that was in charge and encouraged their use

literally yes

si.com/mlb/2016/11/29/curt-schilling-dan-shaughnessy-hall-fame-vote-journalists-threat

To be fair journalists really should be hanged. If this Presidential election didn't make that plainly obvious, you're either a vacuous shitlib or not paying attention.

In short, yes. The sports media is more liberal than MSNBC.

>"Journalists" vote for HoF nominees

If you can't be objective, you're not a journalist.

Fuck off back to Breitbart

They are explicitly empowered by the rules to use judgement, including character

>muh Breitbart

compelling argument, lad

His character "issues" off the field after he retired have nothing to do with who he was as a player. They're just a bunch of crybabies.

i don't think it's because of his political views. i think he's just an asshole. it is possible to be right wing AND an asshole too.

which has nothing to do with anything other than journalists being butthurt that he wasn't nice to them or said something they disagreed with

baseball journalists are cancer

>To be fair journalists really should be hanged.

typical white attitude. let's go straight to the genocide.

>Journalists are an ethnic group

found the crypto-nazi

it's a good ol boy network. everyone knows that. who cares?

libs are just mad Trump won and they're taking it out on someone with what pathetic little power they have

>let's go straight to the mass killings

feel better?

this whole thing with schilling has been going on for a while

Yeah and his vote percentage went *down* this year

don't underestimate how petty Jews are

He's a HoF, but he's an ass in public.

Schilling reminds me of my co-worker. He was SVP in our department. Brilliant guy and moved up the ranks quicker than me. Brought a number of awesome clients and revenue into our department. Unfortunately, he became a 9/11 Truther and started sprouting 9/11 conspiracies at work. It made the entire team uncomfortable since we live in New York. The last straw was when another co-worker came out of the closet. He told the co-worker to get AIDS and die. The PM got upset and fired him in private. Best part, he couldn't poach away the clients he brought into the firm when he started his own firm. It went under in 1 year. Right now, he's during consulting for about 1/20th the salary I have. I'm currently the SVP in our department.

look Schilling was good but lets not pretend he was Sandy Koufax

i'm not a fan of baseball writers. but curt schilling is a dick. i don't see a need to take sides here. i'm sure the hof has tons of conservative players in it.

people who have already made up their minds about this don't consider schilling's public persona. all they care about is that if you're unwilling to accept the jew conspiracy against schilling then you're part of the problem. the same reason a lot of political arguments make no sense, left or right, because they start with a conclusion then try figure out how to support it later.

Imagine looking like that and thinking you're superior to anyone

great regular season pitcher and all time postseason pitcher

> he thinks most baseball writers are Jews

>implying they're not

Schilling publicly stated his shitty views and opinions without be baited or prompted to do so. This is 100% his own fault. He should get into the hall, but by the Veteran's Committee, and only after he dies.

They aren't. Slit your wrists.

Must kill you to know that the greatest lefty of all time was Jewish.

>Slit your wrists.

lol I remember when I was an edgy 16-year-old too

And yes, baseball writers are the jewiest sportswriters of all

I'm good knowing that your life has no meaning and you're constantly on the brink of suicide.

Listen kid, your insults only mean something if they're based in fact. Save those killshots for when they'll actually hit their target

Oh wonderful, Sup Forums is here to bring the IQ down 50%.

I hope you aren't talking about Griffey.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums with the rest of the products of multigenerational incest.

You're trying too hard.

Pot, meet kettle. You're the reason Sup Forums is shit.

why doesn't Sup Forums stay in Sup Forums? what satisfaction do they get by coming here.
thinking anyone cares about your political opinions on sports board is arrogant and disruptive.

FYI, the fact you won't let it go is why we know you're a Jew

Do you even know what thread you're in?

i'm a Sup Forums thread on a sports board

Selig

But Griffey was quite blatantly a roider

Sup pitcherbro

How's the shoulder?

So you admit it's political and has nothing to do with his playing ability?

Good to know where we stand.

Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame is the most laughable sports accomplishment.

They'll let any clown who's ever even seen a basketball in as long as it gives them feel-good points.

There's no journalists left.

Randy Johnson is Jewish?

The reason Sup Forums is shit is because faggots like you couldn't handle the bants and called the mods in.

Fuck off back to whatever sub-reddit you crawled out of.

Schilling's assholism and narcisstic views ruined his chances in the HOF

This.

freedom of speech =/= freedom from consequences. that bigot's getting what he deserves

>Bonds still isn't in
Wtf who let these writers be the FUCKING gatekeepers of awards

It's not because he's a Republican. Like 90% of white ballplayers are conservatives. It's because he's a crazy asshole (Who totally faked the bloody sock)

MLB HOF is the shittiest out of all pro sports. These old fucks in charge are so ass hurt over "playing the game the right way". HOF should be reserved for historically important players. Regardless of skill. But no. They'd rather stuff these people into the back and hide them and pretend they never impacted the game in any significant way. If it's that big a deal throw * next their name and move on.

Apesketball HOF hasn't been closed yet senpai.

>shaughnessy

Bawston here. FUCK DAN and FUCK THE GLOBE. They know nothing of sports and just make everything political

Because he's a flat out asshole. Not because of his views or teams he played for but because he's a shitty fuckface.

That was ketchup