Was this the weakest serious comeback in movie history?

Was this the weakest serious comeback in movie history?

More like the greatest.

The Harvard guy tried to pass off other people's ideas as his own. What Will said meant that he might work at McDonalds, but at least he will have his own opinions rather than copy those of others.

Don't worry, you'll understand it when you hit 45 during your mental breakdown

That whole movie was the weakest writing in movie history.

>Do you like apples?

it works because he's pointing out that the guys just repeating what he read in a book, proving he's a phony and not even wicked smaht like he pretends to be

outside of that context yeah it'd be weak shit

Will is doing the same shit though.

will is just pointing out that anyone can go to library and learn, smart people invent not repeat what was discovered

They're literally students/young scholars, though.

Even a relatively experienced researcher would discuss or bring up established contemporary arguments so as it wasn't his specific field of scholarship.

No shit. Which would you rather have?

That scene with Joker and Animal Mother insulting each other. From IMDB:

>Animal Mother: You a photographer?
>Private Joker: I'm a combat correspondent.
>Animal Mother: Well, you seen much combat?
>Private Joker: [sarcastic] I've seen a little on TV.
>Animal Mother: You're a real comedian.
>Private Joker: Well, they call me the Joker.
>Animal Mother: Well I got a joke for you. I'm gonna tear you a new asshole.
>Private Joker: [doing John Wayne impression] Well, pilgrim, only after you eat the peanuts out of my shit!
>Animal Mother: You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

I have no idea why the people around them are going "OHH!" after every line.

I think it's meant to be ironic.

Sean basically accuses Will of the exact same behavior later on.

That whole exchange is so fucking bizarre.

>Private Joker: I'M THE JOKAH BAYBEE

what was Kubrick thinking?

What does Animal Mother say to the nigga after that conversation?

I always thought they were gay and thats how gay people talked back then

>"Hey, Jungle Bunny. Thank God for the sickle cell, huh?"

That line?

What did he mean by this?

>Applesauce, bitch!

Yeah but the douche guy was literally spouting off paragraphs from textbooks and trying to play them off as his own opinions.

He wanted to give all the fine black gentlemen in the southern states the freedom they so desperately deserved.

>mouth-shits. vocal diarrhea.

>guy insults you saying you will be serving him and his kids fries and clean up after them
>at least i won't be unoriginal

Are you seriously suggesting that this is a good come back?
Will got totally owend in front of everyone. That wasn't a comeback, that was pathetic

Do people generally still greatly prefer the chunk of the film with R Lee Ermey?After puberty everything about Pvt. Pyle stopped being very funny. Just pure dread. That fucking soap scene with him bawling. Would you agree that the tone is at its darkest then, not when they're off doing War Is Hell hijinks?

>guy insults you saying you will be serving him and his kids fries and clean up after them
and you say that's somehow better?

it's marginally better. The entire movie was shit with shit dialogue. Mostly I just fucking hate matt damon's haircut and his stupid, uneven retard face

>you degree is worthless
>actually it's worth millions over a career, my future family will be very wealthy thanks to my degree
>fite me irl faggot

The whole scene relies on the audience wanting yo hate the pretensious ponytail hair guy. The final comeback is literally a date with a 6/10 because appeal to vagina is all Will has left after getting dumpstered in the bar argument.

>First post isn't TDKR "I came back to stop you"
OP...

APPLESAUCE BITCH

I liked his haircut. And the scene where he confronts his girlfriend because she didn't get where he was coming from was pretty kewl.

>Private Joker: HONKA HONKA

Jesus Christ, Kubrick

you serious?

What is a stronger burn? Telling someone they will be working at McDonalds at 50, or telling someone "maybe i will be working at McDonalds, but at least i won't be unoriginal"

goddamn I actually laughed

what is happening with me

Yeah except that guy gets boo'd out the bar and will fucks the bitch he was macking at.