Miss me yet?

Miss me yet?

F U C K N O

every day more and more COME BACK ;_;

fuck that noise, gimme Carter back.

> when you get BTFO so heavily on Sup Forums that you've got to retreat you the shitposting board to find people who hate Trump

>when you're so butthurt at some user insulting your orange emperor that you follow his puny ass all the way to degenerate Sup Forums just to reee at him further

kæk

Yes

However most of these kids on Sup Forums were probably 5 or not even born yet during the Bush administration, so they don't really know shit about anything

I'm from '75, but otherwise yeah, you're right.

>I'm from '75
a time traveler?

Yes.

lol no you mong, I was born in 1975.

.. though sometimes, I feel like I travelled here from the early 90's and seriously don't understand shit.

um no , trump hasn't started any new wars (yet). Ask me in a week.

Sometimes, until I really think about those years. Trump is a moron, but so far he's been a relatively ineffective moron. We'll have to see how his presidency goes. Bush started an unjustified, unwinnable war in Iraq (on false pretexts) that has destabilized the region, resulted in thousands of American deaths, many more American casualties, and which we will be paying for in many ways for decades to come. He was also responsible in part for the dramatic expansion of the surveillance state, often in unconstitutional ways. His administration engaged in torture and other war crimes that would have resulted in prosecution were America not the preeminent military, economic, and political power in the world.

Domestically, Bush dramatically expanded the national debt by spending more than Clinton did, while cutting taxes, disproportionately for the wealthiest Americans. He also successfully oversaw the dismantling of financial industry regulations that led to the country's worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

There was some good here and there, but not much. In the future, Trump will probably be regarded as one of the very worst American presidents, but Bush will be in the bottom 50%, and probably the bottom 25%, largely because of Iraq, human rights, and the Great Recession. Bush only looks good in comparison to Trump.

true shit user

I miss the comedy that he provided.

Trump makes him look reasonable

Naw, you talked a good game, and the initial response to 9-11 was good, but you quickly became another Washington politician and spent like a drunken sailor.

Yeah, double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, and double digit unemployment. No thanks. No more malaise.

>Yeah, double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, and double digit unemployment. No thanks. No more malaise
that's what he inherrited from Ford and Nixon, and the work he put into fixing that shit was subsequently ruined by Reagan when he decided to "turn the bull loose" and let Wallstreet go full derp.

you know this, user.

Bush had his fair share of blame for the great Recession, but so did a LOT of other people. Under Clinton, Glass-Steagal was repealed and THAT was a huge factor. Going all the way back to Carter, Presidents were forcing banks to give home loans to people who had no fucking possibility to pay back. The Great Recession was a perfect storm of tomfuckery that had so many to blame, you could never purposely recreate that exact scenario. Sub-prime loans to bums, the Glass-Steagal repeal allowing commercial banks to turn defaulted loans into investment packages, allowing people to short the market without an uptick, yada yada yada. This was 30 years in the making. Everyone can take a bite of that shit sandwich.

Ford's economic recovery policies were working well to recover the economy. Look it up, By 1976, unemployment was down, inflation down, GDP up, and people had more money in their paychecks. Then, Carter fucked it all up again to double digit numbers.

You're right about the Glass-Steagall repeal. I forgot that was 1999.