Tfw you're trying to get into soccer and not only do you live in the US but you live in the middle of nowhere in the US...

>tfw you're trying to get into soccer and not only do you live in the US but you live in the middle of nowhere in the US and you're poor and the only team that looks cool, because let's face it how else do you choose a team, is in fucking Germany and you realize that you will never, ever be able to visit their beautiful stadium.

p-please... save me from this hell

Other urls found in this thread:

worldsoccertalk.com/2016/08/02/popular-soccer-leagues-us-television-ranked/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bro, you need to start watching MLS. Is is objectively a weak league? Yes. But still, you need some kind of "local" connection, there are so many teams here, I'm sure there is one at least sort of close to you unless you live in Montana.

The whole point of sport is supporting the club that represents you. So you really have two options:

1. Support your closest "local" team
2. Support Inter Milan

Anything else is disgusting bandwagoning

Get a passport and buy a plane ticket to Munich?

*Is it objectively

What is it with burgers and Borussia Dortmund

I know that feel except I don't have a team. No MLS team in my state and I feel too dirty to bandwagon a foreign team.

Plus MLS is lame anyway, so I'm not too bothered I don't have a team.

USA soccer fans come in two different varieties:

1. Latinos. We support Barca/Real, Man United, Liverpool, or one of the Mexican clubs (if we're filthy chicanos)

2. Non-latino hipsters. They want to be special snowflakes, so they will choose a team that they *think* isn't that popular. Usually, this naturally leads them to Borussia Dortmund, who not only play in a hipster league, but are the hipster team of that league. It doesn't help that almost 50 million Americans have German ancestry, either.

>I'm sure there is one at least sort of close to you unless you live in Montana.

>tfw live 200 miles north of montana

Damn, that's rough. Tell you what, if you're a girl I'll marry you and give you a green card so you can come live with the rest of us in civilization.

>"I'll t-teach you how to play soccer, user..." *blushes*

WHY DOES MY COUNTRY HAVE TO FUCKING SUCK AT THIS FUCKING SPORT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's a lot of trash when you could have just said one thing.

>Pulisic

>tfw I'm probably the best player on Sup Forums at divegrass

But that isn't true. Goofy non-latino American Dortmund hipsters were a thing long before Pulisic.

We don't suck, actually. Think about it. We routinely qualify for the world cup and reach the round of 16. At worst, we're one of the top 25 teams in the world, out of almost 200 different countries. Not bad at all.

>*HIIYAH!!!*

Are you 12?

how did you get my picture user?!

I don't think you understand how expensive flights across the Atlantic are. Or how poor most of America can get/is getting.

>At worst, we're one of the top 25 teams in the world
>top 25 teams in the world
>world
user...

>"hmmmm..."

Okay then

>Subotic

Take that refugee dick out of your ass for a moment and look at our results in international competitions for the last 20 months

You think

*last 20 years

Who the hell is Subotic?

I wouldn't be surprised if a brown cock was in his ass at the very moment.

Is it that bad?

American that cucked the US team and has been there since 2008

i literally only like dortmund because i heard about the american kid on the radio and also i saw how slick the players and managers look in black in yellow

that's all it takes

It's funny how soccer is le working class sport over there but here it is for chicanos and hipsters.

If Europeans came over here and saw our soccer fans, then they would truly understand.

Maybe ladies football lmao

Your ladies team is getting raped by refugees? Tell me something we don't know sven.

You're delusional if you think USA is top 25. You're shite mate.

Not OP, but federal minimum wage (and the minimum wage in many states) is $7.25/hr. Assuming OP doesn't take any vacation or has paid vacation (which is not guaranteed in the US) AND works 40 hours per week (and that's a big 'if,' if he's working shift work he may not work full-time) that's about $15,000 per year or 13,101 krona/year. Rent and living expenses can vary widely, but if we take OP at face value when he says that he lives in the middle of nowhere, his living situation may actually help him and rent could be as low as $250 per month if he has roommates, or $3,000 per year. If he lives frugally and doesn't spend much on food or entertainment we could assume he has $10,000 per year after all those expenses.

Flights running internationally out of the middle of the US can run up to $2,000 even if bought well in advance, which is a hefty chunk of that income.

And that's assuming he doesn't have student debt, health bills, or car payments.

If you're working for $7.25 outside of high school then you really fucked up at life. You should at least be able to find something around $10 at least without any sort of degree.

Still shitty but only teenagers should be working for minimum.

Who said anything about putting a value judgment on working minimum wage? OP said he was poor, so he could be one of the million people making minimum wage.

And even for jobs at the $10 level, which I agree aren't much of a stretch to find for many, full-time hours and benefits are not a guarantee.

r16 last 2 world cups, when did that happen with sweden? you had 2 meme cups and nothing else period

Lets be honest, they have a harder qualification situation being in UEFA.

It just takes some time.
When teams in MLS will start to have real rivalries between them due to different kind of happenings (finals, incidents, fights, players) then also your soccer supporters will change

You just need more time to create your own football/soccer history

and yet the US consistently finishes ahead of numerous european teams (all of which qualified in euro qualification) when they compete together.

Unless you are professional, no. We have that fuckwit swede/dane/norge who literally did an '>implying' sign as a goal celebration and that Gibraltar rare-flag who is a bench player

Literally which European team have you ever beat?

We beat Spain in 2009. Its special because its why i started to browse spuh

Portugal back when they were actually good and had guys like Figo, Spain at their peak, Netherlands and Germany in friendlies

in the last 4 wc? beat poortugal and slovenia head to head. drew england, portugal and italy (wc champions). Undeniably refballed hard against germany in '02.

finished directly ahead of portugal twice (who were subsequently european champions), slovenia, england

in 2014, italy, england and croatia all were eliminated by teams that finished behind the US in qualifying.

beat a stacked spain side in '09, finished ahead of italy in group play that same tournament.

bunch of friendlies.

You can try to discredit these, but there's just too much to reasonably try to qualify all of it. its a pretty comprehensive 15 year body of work.

We are better than Sweden at soccer

This. >We are not elite, and never have been, but we are undeniably top 20 so far this century. It's actually surprising, because if you look at our rosters in each WC we have never had more than 3 or 4 players capable making an impact at one of the big European clubs.

Guess it's just >muh American determination and hard work shining through.

dunno about undeniably. but we are in a big group of teams that can run with the big dogs on their best days, but are clearly a few notches below the elites. Unlike the wales and swedens of the world, we do it with boring hard work and organization rather than having 1-2 top tier players surrounded by mediocrity.

So Americans really think that Confederation Cup means anything at all?

And ok, in the last 30 years you have beaten Portugal one time.
Not that much to think to be at the same level of the Europeans team

So you think you are better than European teams cause you beated African shits in the world cup?

I mean I hate Sweden but they have to play with the sharks, while your biggest success was to beat one of the good team of Europe one time 15 years ago
And really, this is not banter or shits, but friendlies and stuff like Confederation Cup don't mean literally anything to us. I'm not even sure when the CP should be played, between who and why

is confed cup important in terms of achievement or acclaim? no. but it absolutely meant something to the spanish, italian and brazilian players in those matches. their reactions to goals were very telling desu, it wasn't just a bunch of friendlies.

and you didn't address the post really. you tried unsuccessfully to nitpick. the US has advanced to the ro16 in three of the past 4 world cups, each time finishing ahead of at least 1 european team. and other european teams consistently finish behind concacaf teams over that span, during which the US has dominated the qualification tournaments.

To be honest I think Sweden will beat USA if we meet in the WC.

Depends where he lives, at most he lives probably 3-4 hours from a major airport and can get international airfare for probably $600 if he's patient.

t. Driving 3 hours to Atlanta for ATL-Milan Rome-Atlanta tickets for $420

But you know, it's just a game of hypothesis if you think to be better with someone without ever facing him.
And actually all the time you have faced it you have lost (except one time).

Then clearly, Us is one state while more than 10 countries from Europe play for the WC so yeah, it's pretty easy to have a better run of one of this ten countries.

Players celebrate also during friendlies. But really, in Europe friendly and fake cups are the moment to make some "experiment" with the team and see if you new players or new tactics can fit in.

Btw United States is clearly good respect the rest of the world, of course, top 30 for sure. But for European standard you are probably somewhere between Sweden and Bulgaria.

I disagree. You have Zlatan, but that is all you have. If we meet in the WC, the USA will score a lucky counterattack goal thanks to our bundesliga fullbacks, and then we will park the bus like our lives depended on it. Zlatan would get no service because he would have two half-african, half-german defenders marking him at all times.

USA would win 1-0

>Sweden
>in the WC

Zlatan retired from international football after the Euros. It's all about Forsberg and that new meme Isak.

>We have that fuckwit swede/dane/norge who literally did an '>implying' sign as a goal celebration
Proofs?

>browsing Sup Forums in 2009

Willing to bet there's a paki dick in his ass

CONCACAF STRONK
>USA In group of death
Advanced
>Costa Rica In group of Ex-WC winners
Advanced
>Mexico In group with Host & NT with best midfield duo
Advanced

>Sweden cucked by Portuguese boytoy In play offs

Who the fuck cares if he bandwagons? Whose gonna complain? Some nerds online? Cheer for who you want

>muh echte liebe

ayyyy lmao we definitely need more hipster fucks cheering for le "by far and away the second best and richest bundesliga team" underdog

I know. Call me crazy, but I've always felt like one of the most important aspects of sport is the way we feel like it truly represents us, whether that's as a community, a city, a state, or even a country. If I bandwagon a team like Real Madrid, for example, what is my connection to them? My great-great grandfather is from Madrid, but that's weak and imo it cheapens the entire point of being a fan.

I think you either need to support a team that you can truly feel (idgaf whether you can convince other people of it) is connected to you in one way or another. Inter, for example, is founded on the idea of welcoming foreigners, calling themselves "brothers of the world" and all that, so a foreigner bandwagoning them makes sense. But some other Euro club? I don't really get it. What connection do we have to Barca, Dortmund, Real, Manchester, Liverpool?

We have a tough qualifications but it's still possible.
Sweden qualified from the group of death in 2002, does that mean we were top 25?

who cares? support the team you like, the reasons are all your own and you're a retard if you have a problem with other people because of that

I'm better than most people in the Norwegian "pro" league

Jack Colback posted here too, IIRC. So he'd have to be better than a former premier league player.

What about pic related?
Still the only American that ever won the champions league

mls is fun man they did a good job at building it slowly. I follow the impact quite intensely and a few other teams.

How Do you celebrate >implying?

>implying

I have no teams even remotely near me to cheer for, so rather than support a specific team I've usually just followed teams which had players I liked watching. So I watch Tottenham because I like Lloris, but unless I bet on the game I don't really care who wins. I know a lot of people here who follow soccer in a similar manner

at 1st stop calling it 'soccer' bitch

How about you follow a better sport

Criket?

Cricket, rugby, tennis, field hockey, ice hockey. These are all better sports.

No.
Football is undisputed best sport in the world.

>tennis
overrated elitist shit
i mean, yes, it is nice to play, nice to watch big matches(man's matches, ofc, women are slow and weak) between big players(especially when you hate one and love another), but averagely its meh

I'm not like 40 so I didn't know who he was. I guess Dortmund has been diving into that sweet American market for a while

It is soccer in the US, so deal with it.

Proofs?

It's fucking shit m8, but you wouldn't know this because it's the only sport you've ever known

Okay
But don't go overboard
You can be casual but you can't call them "your team"
Calling some team yours when you're not even on the same continent is like calling some beautiful celebrity "your girl"
If you're not the one fucking her then it's more fantasy and delusion than anything

Also don't complain about the state of the national team and how bad MLS is
Soccer fans and soccer development here sucks because no one cares about the grassroots
Football & basketball players get more attention because it matters at the high school level

>Cricket, rugby, tennis, field hockey, ice hockey

kek
USA really is a top 25 team in the world (probably not top 20 tho), but do you actually believe USA was in the group of death? If anything, Costa Rica was. USA was in a mid-tier group and Mexico's was one of the easiest.

also Sweden a shit

Wat? How is a top 4 league in the world and the most popular team in that league hipster?

(former) President Obama and Pulisic on the same team. Really no other choice.

Who gives a shit what people call them? People can like what they want.

dont respond to chicanos they arent people

Because the Bundesliga is irrelevant in the US. The most-watched soccer leagues in the USA are:

1. Liga MX
2. Premier League
3. La Liga
4. MLS
5. National Women's League
6. Bundesliga

Any German team, even Bayern, is hipster as fuck.

worldsoccertalk.com/2016/08/02/popular-soccer-leagues-us-television-ranked/

Because it invalidates the delicate fabric of what fandom is

>don't complain
>real football fan

Sad!