Expat Thread

Have you ever lived in a foreign country? What was it like?

One month in Germany :) Nice people but i had problem to communicate in english. strange thing that older people always spoke english, young people dont, quite the opposite than in Poland. Germany why?

One month in Wales
i couldnt fit in, but all of the young people I saw were either loners or chav groups anyway

>strange thing that older people always spoke english, young people dont, quite

lolwut? That's actually surprising. I would have thought young Germans would prefer using English with forigners.

I've heard Welsh women are pretty easy in Cardiff, but maybe those are chavs.

>Bihskek, Kyrgyzstan
best time of my life, full of adventure

>Hikari, Japan
cozy, many qts, mid-size beach town,so not many tourists

>Urumqi, China
cheap, dirty, but hopefully some good adventure soon.

i live in chicago. this place might as well be in africa for all I know,

lived in paris for a month. Absolutely loved it. Had a ton of fun as well

Never have I ever been out of India. Can anyone tell me ways how can I get a job in foreign country and pre plan everything?

Yes. Lived in Finland. Very pleasant experience since Finnish society is polite, proud and respectful. Also, crime rates are incredibly low, streets are clean and people cherish education. Everyone speaks at least two languages and they know a lot about other cultures.

The only downside to it was the necessity of having a car to get anywhere as their public transport is not the best.

Other than that I would go there again in a heartbeat

you don't. need to be there to get it

I've spent about 4 months in total in the south of Italy during the last couple of years.

Can't say I'm a fan. Southern Italy is pretty much 2nd world. It's hot as hell, dirty, nobody speaks english.
On the beaches you have west african nignogs trying to sell you useless junk. Stray dogs roam the streets. Corruption runs deep and there are lots of bullet holes in some road signs (Mafia signal). Buildings arent looked after and look like shit.

I cant think of a single positive thing about southern Italy to be honest, but then I'm a true "northerner" who enjoys the cold, law/order, ordnung and my meatballs.

Thank god I'm an adult now and don't have to follow my family there anymore.

Went to America for 3 months (have family there)
They suck you off solely because you're dutch/(western)european

ever thought about visiting a civilized (western) country? just to see what its like

Denmark and Sweden

I wouldn't count it as living abroad, but I spent a month in South Italy last year

sounds like a good deal, except in my case they'd take me for a mexican

Germans are the kind of people who dub their movies instead of reading subtitles

American latinos/mexicans dont look like spanish people

yes but as soon as i start speaking spanish... also some mexicans are white

tru

I've lived in Lisbon and Spain (Catalonia).

Lisbon is a great city. Lisbon has nice architecture and sights, a nice climate all year round, beaches 20mins from the city centre, cool bars, cheap prices and loads of Portuguese people speak English.

Catalonia is really nice as well. Nice towns, god-tier mountains, landscapes and food, a high living standard (only just a little bit below NW-Europe), beautiful women. Barcelona's a great city too.

So Lisbon is very nice. But the downside is that Portugal's living standard isn't that high. Outside of Lisbon Portugal can be pretty poor.

Catalonia is really nice. You make a little bit less than you would in Belgium, France or the UK but the environment makes up for it. The downside is that Catalonia can have some concentrations of shitskins though. Lisbon and Portugal only have some nigs from Angola and Brazil, but zero muslims

I lived in Texas when I was young for almost 5 years

any questions?

Do you know how to handle a gun? Were you born in the US/are you a citizen?

I live in china and i'm white, kind of like the faggot in the OP. (is that you prozzie?)

ama

no
no and no

brother was born there so he's an American and British citizen

I'm an Italian in Glasgow

I am not going to reach 65, I eat unhealthy shit everyday

Lived a month in Hungary with the gf, best time of my life.

How come you've only been there one month? Were you on vacation?

Budapest

Was excellent, managed to fuck about 20 girls in a year, and had a much bigger quality of life than anywhere in England.

The language is weird but our company had a very pretty secretary who looked after all my paperwork and helped me find an apartment etc.

Would love to go back but I changed career from IT sales so there's much less opportunity to work abroad.

Those countries are so neat if you earn a salary that's on par with NW-Europe, or if you work for companies that make US dollars/pounds/euros

I'd like to visit central Asia, what were your experiences in Bishkek?

The only kind of job like that (which isn't working as a domestic servant/slave in a Gulf country) I can think of is teaching English in East Asia. If you're university educated and can show that you're fluent in English, you can get some somewhat decent jobs. They tend to prefer white people, but there is such a huge demand that you can definitely find some jobs out there.

I lived in Vietnam for about 9 months when i was 14, my dad worked for vietell for like a year that time.

I remember having to get used to food i didnt like initially, and having to work out what other boys were saying most of the time