Why do females and normies overwhelmingly prefer ASOIAF/Game of Thrones to The Lord of the Rings?

Why do females and normies overwhelmingly prefer ASOIAF/Game of Thrones to The Lord of the Rings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5K3H-FjEhkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because muh dragons and stronk wimminz and they get to see male nudity.

Because GoT is topical, and LOTR isn't.

Cause they can appreciate a plump rump.

tfw after 5 books and six seasons you realise that game of thrones is about a boring Mary Sue getting blacked.com and honourable white men dying

Lord of the Rings was/is pretty popular fammy

Also this

Both aren't as good as dark tower

SJW female leads

Tolkien was red pilled to not have female leads

ASOIAF books > LOTR books

LOTR movies > ASOIAF show

WE WUZ GUNSLINGERS UND SHITTE

Because ASOIAF was written to be entertaining while LotR was written to be a tool for expositing Tolkien's mythopoetic landscape. One is a story, the other is more of an academic exercise. No wonder the former is more popular than the latter.

Never say this dogshit again.

>I am no man!
>not SJW

wew

Fuck you, ka-tet > fellowship any day

>stronk wimminz
>You fool! No man can kill me!
>I am NO MAN!

>muh dragons
As opposed to muh cartoon dwarves and muh blonde elves?

Was there anyone more based than Beren among humans?

Witch King was made mortal by Merry stabbing him with a barrow-blade which severed his binding to sauron.

because muh strong womyn

Because there's an obsession with moral grayness nowadays. Unlike LOTR, where it is clear these are the bad guy and these are the good guys, moral excellence and good is glorified and encouraged. Unlike GOT, True Detective and other relativist shows.

What kind of fanfiction is that?

both kind of suck but game of thrones has way more dankness therefore it is better.

The worst kind.

Because women don't in reality like anything they're popularity leeches and always latch on the latest fad, their inferior brains simply don't allow them to do anything else.

Literally took it out Macbeth though.

>that pic

lel haven't seen a meme fit a show that good in a while.

I guess becasue LOTR have like 3 female characters?

The whole magical quest thing is seen as lame nerdy shit.

GoT has more female characters too so that probably draws in more women and thus more normies.

Because at the moment most of the society is egoistic and cynical (can't blame them though) so they can't appreciate LOTR's message.

GoT is all about the over the top twists and contemporary social trends. It also looks good enough for people to follow it.

youtube.com/watch?v=5K3H-FjEhkw

Wrong, four.

>Liv Tyler
>Galadriel
>Eowyn
>Sam's waifu

The butt was a body double.

Literally the simillarian
Also Tolkien told and interviewer who asked a similar question that he simply found it mundane and common, the last age of heros was in the lord of the rings, he even said that the sons of Rohan and Minas Tirath would conspire and backstab and fall into such base human traits in the future
He just didn't want to write about it since the thought it would be pretty boring.

The day I watch a video of that fat fuck lecturing the grandfather of fantasy is the day I'm sectioned.

Because it featured a group of men joining a band to fight a common goal. It did not have petty infighting or drama. The only reason why it got weakened over time was due to Sauron.

Women will never know the comradeship men have. They cannot associate with it. It is alien to them. Interesting perhaps but unappealing.

let me summarize
>complains that Tolkien simply says Aragorn ruled wisely and well
>what was his tax policy?
>what was his relationship with the left over orcs? genocide? or did he try to integrate them into his society

shes pretty ugly to look at user

>Sup Forums acts elitist and shit about a movie that is in IMDb top 10 movies of all time
lol, you guys are truly pathetic

>Integrating orcs into society.
Obviously shows the era difference between Tolkien and Martin. For them the idea of a foreign, sub-human race of cretins being integrated in society would be laughable. For the modern society it would be considered discriminatory if you didn't.

ASOIAF is soap opera. With a budget, with some dragons here and there but nothing more than soap opera. Secret parenthoods, shocking twists, unexpected deaths, ripped guys with no shirt. It's a family struggle like Dallas or Dynasty or Pasion de Gavilanes. You change the Ewings for the Starks and well, it kinda works.

Because LotR is wholesome.

The book.

I don't think they're bad questions to ask in of themselves or to expect a genre like fantasy to grow beyond its initial ambitions the real problem is that Martin doesn't really explore those things in ways I find very interesting/thought provoking. I find ironically his books and the show feel the best when they play up to fantasy cliches rather than try and go against them even though in the hands of someone else they could be done more realistically/with a serious critical look at power.

It's also stupid because that's the end of the story. He doesn't need to go into details about Aragorn's reign because it's a footnote. When it comes to relevant stuff Tolkien went into lots of detail.

>>what was his relationship with the left over orcs? genocide? or did he try to integrate them into his society

Holy shit.

lord of the cucks is childish nu-male shite.

I just don't think those questions have any relevance specifically to Tolkien. LOTR was written basically as a classic mythology, good vs evil, and so little things like tax policies have no bearing on the overall moral message of the story. I don't think Tolkien was going for a "realistic" world, it was a mythical world.

The Wheel Of Time>Both

WoT is so fucking boring. I can't even get through the audiobooks.

To be fair in the books he does talk about political organisation and stuff, but in a very general sort of way (apart from Concerning Hobbits at the start of Fellowship). He talks about the logistics and supply of Mordor's army in Return.

ASOIAF books > LOTR books

forgot the
>

this tbqh senpai

also, people don't prefer GoT to LotR, you dweebs. GoT is just a continually running TV show so is relevant right now. People don't just sit around rewatching LotR.

>People don't just sit around rewatching LotR.

they don't?

>sauron is bad

This meme again

but again that seems to have direct relevance and bearing on the story at hand, the strength and organization of the enemy. Things like tax policies, economy, class warfare and all that shit after Sauron is defeated is not needed at all. As another user said, if it is relevant he will go into great detail, but when it isn't he will keep it general and vague.

The maddening thing is that they are all questions that have been answered if the fat fuck actually paid attention

I might agree with you if the end wasn't so dogshit. King even writes a fucking letter begging you to not read the end and ruin the story.

LOTR is a fine children's book where a band of heroes go on an epic journey.
GoT is intended for more mature audiences.

>tfw lived in a frat house this year
>tfw it was very common that someone was watching lotr
>tfw usually it was just to fast forward to helms deep
even normie frat boys sit around and watch LOTR

Oh it shows

Eh. I think his intention was that he was literally going to do the same thing but blow the horn of eld and actually go in. Think of browning's poem that King nicked it from; he blows the horn and we can assume that Roland gets in and manages to secure the dark tower.

lorefags, how was the witch king dragon dude stronger than gandalf? The witch king was a human with a ring and gandalf a superhero with a ring

Yeah, people can get diseases in real life.
And of course prudishness = maturity.

>mfw reading the Silmarillion vs this literal shitheap

for some reason I find that to be a very cynical position to take. The idea that idealistic ideas of good or evil and morality is seen as "childish" and it is seen as more "mature" to view thing through this kind of grey, moral relativism lens. It seems like most "mature" media seems to go on and on about how everyone is flawed and an asshole, morality is almost nonexistent blah blah blah instead of asking, is this the way things should be? is morality simply relative or are there certain ideals or values that we share and should encourage? The "childish" works like LOTR simply put forth an idealized view of the world and give an opinion on what morality should be. A simple idea such as preserving the worlds forests and nature is very prevalent in LOTR and instead of being seen as childish should be given real consideration. Instead of focusing on what morality is like now, or how it is absent we should be looking at ways of fixing it or creating ideals to strive towards.

>how was the witch king dragon dude stronger than gandalf
He wasn't, that scene was made up by Peter Jackson for the EE. In the book it goes like:
>In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.
>All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen. "You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!" The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. "Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.
>And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn. And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.

>In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.

God damn I need to re-read lotr

This fat fuck can't even finish his own series and will most defiantly die before it is done. Also the TV show is an abomination after the 4th season.

I probably haven't seen LOTR in about 6 years...

However I will definitely rewatch at some point, which is something I can say I will never be doing for GoT.

>And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn. And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.

The best part desu

compare it to the passage about horns in GoT (I think, not sure though) which just repeats
>TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
about ten times in the paragraph

That's not real, tell me you're making it up

Its just such a disappointing ending to the story after everything that happened. Even after the meh Crimson King fight, I wanted him to open that door :/ The journey itself was fantastic though, I wouldn't hate the ending so much if I thought it stacked up to earlier books.

Prose is the only redeeming part of LOTR.
Its plot and characters are bone dry.

It's in the battle between the Lannisters and Robb Stark I think, I can't remember exactly. I've only read the books once, just after the first TV series finished (so like 5 years ago)

Yeah the first three were god tier lit... Personally, i find it better to believe that Roland did it.
Rip my nigga Oy; it's a shame they're gonna butcher the movie.
I will give props to King; the reveal that Roland's world is actually the stand world many centuries later is fucking cool.

Because ASOIAF is better and women are more intelligent

Because most people have shit taste and they like popular things without giving the quality a second thought.

ASOIAF is better in both books and the show until season 4 though.

Lotr is about warrior prowess. Got is about sex and scheming. Guess which one normies and women tend to excel at??

Because ASOIAF is a more complex tale. Just like the female brain is more complex than the male brain.

Lotr is good and got is trash

>ASOIAF is better in both books and the show
no
Nothing in GOT is even on the same level as the Ride of the Rohirrim

got has dragons, tits, swords, and King

>Lotr is about warrior prowess

Good job completely misunderstanding the message of the entire story.

what was joffreys tax policy? what was mad kings tax policy? what the fuck is this landwhale talking about?

LotR would have been much better if they just erased Sauron desu

LoTR movies made over a billion dollars worldwide, you think it didn't appeal strongly to normies?

Because normies and female are interested in relationships. Patricians go after themes.

ASOIAF has an engaging premise but it is leading nowhere, the books also cannot match Tolkein's prose, the tv show can't match Peter Jackson's vision

It's like saying your favourite metal band is better than Chopin. Naaaaaah fuck you, it's not even a reasonable comparison

I'll admit that I've only read the first 3 books of his, but I don't remember any Tax stuff other than a side plot about how they were broke.

>lord of the rings
>cucked
Pick one
or kill yourself

Because Game of Thrones is Lord of the Rings as written by Hello magazine.

Yes, yes, well done mother of burgers, well done. HOWEVER

>ASOIAF has an engaging premise but it is leading nowhere
It is leading to the end that you don't know.

> the books also cannot match Tolkein's prose
This is true.

>the tv show can't match Peter Jackson's vision
Peter Jackson's vision is shit, the movies besides the first one are shit and he's an useless hack.

>It's like saying your favourite metal band is better than Chopin.
lol no

It's like saying your favorite metal band is better than Black Sabbath which is completely reasonable.

lord of the rings is the epitome of normie fantasy. it's basic. it's safe fantasy. there's nothing too obscure or geeky or interesting about it.
I'm surprised so many people like FireIce and GoT. At least that has some politics and blood.

Discworld is best world

>It's like saying your favorite metal band is better than Black Sabbath which is completely reasonable.
Probably wrong tho

I agree, I prefer my series to have stronk wymynz and edgelord dialogue. Good post, m'gentlesir! Hab an upboat!

War is deception and scheming.