Do athiests implode when they find out about Noahs Ark, Red Sea crossing, and Sodom/Gomorrah being proven true?

Do athiests implode when they find out about Noahs Ark, Red Sea crossing, and Sodom/Gomorrah being proven true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RkPmvEVM40A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

christian fagot bitching about atheists. Pagans for the win

>proven true
proof of proof?

look up Cardinal George Pell. He had a debate with dawkins a few years ago. Turns out he's a kiddie fucker like all religious people are

>Noah's Ark
Not true
>Red Sea
Wut?
>Sodom/Gomorrah
We know they burnt down because of the type of mortar they used, not because they were but-fucking people, user.

Fuck off.

You are dumb because if anything the disproved the ark (please show the proof) and the red crossing is natural and Sodom and Gomorrah burning could be because of something else.

Hail the dubs. Hail Odin.

One half is forever gonna say it's true, the other half will forever say it's false. They'll both say they have science or history as proof, but at the end of the day, you're just not going to change someone's religion by making dumb arguments. How about instead of fight about religion, we work together at things like scientific progress or human rights, so that eventually we can end terrible diseases or genocide? What's more important to you, helping people, or speaking a lot of dumb shit?

Except for Muslims. Fuck Muslims. I think we can all agree on that.

Yeah, we implode. Hey, you guys cooked up any other miracles lately? Asking for a friend.

agreed, fuck muslims.

Dawkins is borderline existential atheism.
He's even questioned whether or not evil exist or if there is right or wrong.
Taken to his furthest logical conclusions.
The kiddie fucker either:
A. Did nothing wrong since morality is subjective
B. (The kid was a boy) And therefore went against the normal healthy process of nature
C. (The kid was a girl) And therefore was living off of desire to breed which is normal

>Noahs Ark, Red Sea crossing, and Sodom/Gomorrah being proven true?
If ever then were proven true, I'd be surprised and intrigued, but no more

Ok, but I believe. I just want to see the proof this guy is talking about
I believe because of faith. If there is proof, then faith is no longer needed and you have to stop believing

>Noah's Ark
one of the oldest known epics of recorded history, was proven true. A boat matching the description found Iraq. Past global flooding is nothing new and is one of the major concerns that global warming will bring. The whole god part still a mystery tho.
>Red Sea
scientifically plausible due to low tides and lunar movement, no records tho

youtu.be/RkPmvEVM40A
May the wisdom of Apollo and Odin be with you

you're trying too hard to sound smart

>Noah's ark being true
Heh, yeah I'm sure it carried 2 of every species which then went on to successfully repopulate the world
>tfw

>goes in all fields

Noah's ark was some shepherd who had the brilliant idea of loading his livestock on a barge right before a flood that got blown out or proportion.

The red sea was crossed during low tide at a natural ford, and more realistically was probably the route of a retreating army after a failed invasion of Egypt rather than the jews of Egypt fleeing enslavement.

And I don't think I've actually read any historical proof of either Sodom or Gomorrah existing, but it would not be unlikely that they were just some ancient and passably wealthy cities that got caught in some natural disaster, and the wandering tribes of the time that hated being denied access to their riches were like "Good. Bunch of rich fucks deserved it. God must have done it as punishment for their sinful and opulent ways."

Dude, if what I wrote is "trying to be smart", then fuck.
Maybe you dumb?
I could use poor grammar and smaller words.

>I could use poor grammar
>"trying to be smart",
you have been this entire time, shithead

Well technically, in a universe where morality is abstract rather than objective, Consequentialism might be the only good standard of whether an action is right or wrong, unless an action is taken purely for malicious ends.

So someone that kills a baby because they had a desire to kill a baby has done something evil, but someone that kills a baby because it will inspire the baby's mother to start a charity that will save thousands of lives is something good.

Or the Trolley Problem - Hitler Edition. You've got an out of control trolley that on its given track will kill 8 Hitlers. You can switch the track so it only hits 1 Hitler. Do you allow the trolley to run its course, and remove a greater volume of Hitlers from the world, or do you change its course and kill the lone Hitler, and prevent any 1 Hitler from rising to power? If the Hitlers are competing with each other, they're less likely to succeed as greatly as 1 Hitler acting alone.

Never had to be all species. Micro evolution is true and easily could have brought 2 of common ancestors.
2 types of dogs. 2 types of cats. 2 types of elephants. Also the Bible says "the world was covered in water" it could have been explaining it as "the world we know" I doubt God and all of the other people hearing the message passed down through millennia would want to hear a detailed explanation of how vast the world was and global warming and polar ice caps and shit. It was written for the people of the time to be able to understand.

A boat of sufficient length and width and breadth to carry 2 of every known species of the world was found in Iraq?

I think not.

>Never had to be all species
Yet that's what the word of god said

So

We might, if they actually had been proven true. But they haven't, and they won't.

Well son, I don't know what you want.
No matter what, you give me shit.
You are clearly a troll and have no real arguments so are resorting to ad hominem.

I'm done replying to you.

Technically, the bible didn't use the word species. It just said 2 of every animal.

Which from a typical farmer's point of view, would be 2 sheep, 2 cattle, 2 hens, 2 goats...

Though that does raise the question of where did pigs come from? The old testament forbids Pork and pork products, but Noah must have saved some pigs. Or they evolved from goats? That's a tricky one.

Hmm. I am not aware of consequentialism. From your line of query I understand the key principle. I want to look into this philosophy further.

Any suggestions?

I love apologetics, philosophy, etc, etc.

>Which from a typical farmer's point of view, would be 2 sheep, 2 cattle, 2 hens, 2 goats...
But it wasn't written by farmers but prophets speaking the word of god

why do you believe those interpertations of data and not question it. Is it because it follows your worldview?

Oh yeah, enjoy your dead polytheistic religions that couldn't survive the test of time.
Ans super awkward bestiality, incestuous, and other taboo-like relations present in most pagan religions.

Dude are u retarded?

Stop trying so hard to make this story work

U need to stop believing in shit just because u want it to be true. U can just skip to believing in something without substantial proof.

Like a boat with animals in Iraq?

That's ur evidence?

Serious question I've been wanting to ask somebody who believes on faith.

How do you know you're not fooling yourself?

Isn't it possible that the Bible is just another book, and all this stuff about God is just a story you've just been told and haven't bothered to question? If not, why not? How can you be sure?

>Sodom/Gomorrah being proven true?
>proven true
Whether or not it did happen, what is more relevant is whether the crime that those two cities committed was butt sex or inhospitality.

It could be much simpler than that. Is there a name for the moral philosophy that the pursuit of self-interest over common interest is evil?

These religions aren't dead. They just don't have, or seek, political power.

This guy sees my point. Just 2 of every genus.

Also if it was only global in the sense of "pretty much all land below X altitude" then it's possible other life in other parts of world lived. Genesis is tricky. A lot of it couple be open for interpretation.

Gee whiz bros, I found evidence of the burning bush!

So these prophets had knowledge of the South American Anteater? Or the Tapir? Or the Armadillo? Or the Kiwi?

How about the Penguin? Or the Lynx? Or even the Fox, or the Bear? Not a lot of foxes or bears in the Middle East.

It wasn't 2 of every animal in existence. There was a pretty serious flood in some podunk area of the Middle East, and some Farmer managed to save his livestock with a boat. That's all that happened.

>Falling this hard for the global Jewish conspiracy

Sure. Also Jonah totally survived for three days in the stomach of a whale.

Mesopotamia has been probe to catastrophic floods for thousands of years. And the story of the Flood predates the Bible anyway. Go read Gilgamesh.

Especially since there is no proof whatsoever that any Jews were enslaved by Egyptians.

Written for the average person. God's not going to spend 1000's of hours teaching these educated men about advanced biology and global climate change. He's gunna tell them in basic terms that the average family and Jew would understand.

That would be like teaching a 6 year old a college biology class in hopes he could accurately teach it's 4 year old brother.

And 'god' was just some idea people had when they saw stuff like lightning in the sky and couldn't explain it. Then it got blown out of proportion.

Did it also carry the several other species of human which 'god' didn't create, but evolved alongside us?

This.

Please try again.

Why wouldn't a god be able to do that?

Or, the simpler possibility: those average people made it all up themselves. Occam's Razor.

It's a simpler explanation than "These were the sites of world-influencing miracles that no other civilizations ever wrote about or mentioned."

None of the ancient civilizations in the Americas ever mentioned a global flood. The Egyptian records don't mention an Exodus (though there are MANY records of failed invasions by wandering tribes).

And the idea of Sodom and Gomorrah just follows human nature. If New York City was struck by a tsunami and everyone died, do you think the people of Iowa would be saying "Oh that's terrible!" or do you think there would be a pretty significant portion of people saying "Good. Fuck em. Bunch of liberal sissies think they're better than us, let em swim."

Because people are stupid. If you've ever played a game of Chinese Telephone, you know that a story changes a great deal with a retelling.

The entire story of God was probably

"There's a family that lives on that hill that knows a lot about farming."
"There's a guy who lives on that hill that knows everything about farming."
"There's an old man who lives on the highest hill that knows everything about the land."
"There's a mysterious and ancient man that lives in the clouds that knows everything in the world."
"There's a man that has lived since the dawn of time, that lives in a palace in the sky that knows everything that has ever happened or will happen."

But what he said should still prove true throughout the ages as it is the word of god. The god which knew the word would eventually come under the scrutiny of educated men.

Does your god not love educated men? Which sky daddy should we choose then?

Telling lies for god, the post.

He could, he's God. Hell, He could just make everyone born with all knowledge. Or destroy everything. Or etc etc.
We could play the "why didn't He do it this way game" for millennia (people have and will btw).

Oh shit they're on to me, I'd better re-adjust my story to make it more plausible.

>It's all true
>Oh that bit I don't like, so that bit isn't true.

I'm not even the guy you're arguing with, bro. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

Are we keeping the part where Noah died at age 950, hundreds of years after the flood? Or will people think that part is bullshit too???

The only really reliable way we have to check if something is true is the scientific method. Look at what's going on, come up with a theory about what's going on, do an experimental to check your theory, rinse, repeat.

It's not perfect, but it's the only method we have that seems to work.

The presumptuously "global" perspective of Abrahamic religions is the most hilarious part.

Supposing we build a large wooden whale

Seven of every clean animal and two of every unclean animal, I believe it was. Pigs, for example, would have boarded as a single pair.

so no proof. gotcha.

But if the animal is unclean, why would you save it? Especially since pigs serve no purpose except to be eaten. Except maybe waste disposal? Consumption of scraps? But that's just so they grow so there's more to eat when you finally kill it!

Why the fuck would he save pigs?!

Anyone who thinks you can rebuild a species from a single breeding pair has clearly never learned anything about genetics.

And here's something else about the ark. It's not just the animals: there's also the food. Including food for those animals on limited diets. Take koalas. Where's Noah going to get forty days' work of eucalyptus leaves?

I'm not even getting into the sanitation issues.

Yeah keep that. Keeps a bit of mysticism.

I'm not arguing with anyone, was my first post in the thread. I enjoy reading this garbage it's good for a laugh.

Their genes were protected by God.

Also genes are a lie invented by the devil.

#comeatmebro

Dog years, m8.
Since Semitic calendars are commonly based on lunar cycles, it makes sense to me to simply divide those incredible ages by 13 as if they were lunar "years", thus Noah dying at the quite average age of 73.

>But if the animal is unclean, why would you save it? Especially since pigs serve no purpose except to be eaten.
That's a good question. Waste disposal is plausible, and pig shit really does activate a compost pile. They must have been part of the food web in some other way.
It's interesting to pondre the pork taboo in light of McCarthy's MFAP hypothesis, as godless liberal internet biologist PZ Myers inartdully dubbed it: namely, that humans were ape-boar hybrids.

Oh, it's silly, no doubt.

Oh right, I forgot. Anything is possible if you just turn your brain off and say God did it. Or the Devil.

Last time I checked locking up a couple lions with some tasty gazelles isn't the best idea.

73 is positively ancient by pre-industrial human standards though.

At the time, I'm pretty sure the average age of mortality was something like 26. MOST people died before reaching 30.

He must have been very wealthy and comfortable to live that long.

Ah yes the story of Lot. The man who fled town, wife disappears, then he moves to a cave where he proceeds to get drunk and knock up his daughters. Holiest man alive they say.

I do have a simple question

Is God willing to stop evil, but unable?
Or is God able to stop evil, but unwilling.

>Omnipotence
>Omnibelevolence

Pick one

>73 is positively ancient by pre-industrial human standards though.
>average
In pre-industrial times, if you beat the tough odds and survived childhood, you were likely to live quite a long time.
>At the time, I'm pretty sure the average age of mortality was something like 26. MOST people died before reaching 30.
You just conflated the median and the mean. Nice one.

Sounds like a dream to me.

>Cunt wife won't leave me alone.
>Fuck that I don't need to take this shit.
>Actually, I should go back and kill that bitch.
>Oh shit, I better hide out for a while.
>I'm so glad my hot teenage daughters still love me.
>They love me a lot.
>Wow, they REALLY love me a lot.

Then Abraham, the father of the Jewish people died at age 13, after fathering his first child at age 7.

I think it is more believable that Noah was 900+ years old. Otherwise you change the narrative of all the other characters into children under 10 years old.

My theory is that he was a pimp and a pedophile. He killed his wife, set the house on fire, and it spread out of control.

Nobody ever said they were consistent.

>It's more likely that Noah lived almost 10x longer than any other human in history than that children were fucked up a long long time ago.

>It's more likely that Noah lived 10x longer than any human than people having children years before puberty.

Pretty confident that it is at least biologically possible to have children at age 7. Very very difficult, rather unlikely, but at least not impossible like living 1000 years without the assistance of incredible not-yet-invented medical technology.

If there was no great flood explain the high ice of Antarctica.

Snowfall

Nahor had his son Terah at the age of 29 and lived to 143. Or had his son at 2 1/2 years old and lived to 11.

The biology still stands as more probability of living to 1,000 rather than every character in genesis being aged by lunar cycles.

This has to be a troll or doe sheltered white kid living in southern Tennessee. Also it's been proven that Jesus never came back from the dead. Also you can't but 2 of every animal on a ship to let them re build their species. The gene pool is too small dumbass

>not interpreting 'bibles' metaphorically and for numeric pattern memes

Which is if you don't count the fact that there were 7 people over 900 years old & countless people listed to have lived between 200-1000 years.

This is the apex of shitposting... Seriously, this is why Sup Forums is going to shit.

There's so much bullshit in that story. The ark is said to have been 300 cubits x 30 cubits x 50 cubits large (length/width/height), and it would be completely fucking impossible to fit two of EVERY LIVING THING ON EARTH and SEVEN pairs of every clean creature and enough food to sustain all of those plants/animals for an entire YEAR inside of a tiny wooden boat that big. Wouldn't all of the animals have extremely small breeding populations with only 14 animals per species (which isn't a lot for some animals), causing inbreeding? And are you telling me that animals like penguins and kangaroos and jaguars walked all the way to wherever the ark was built from fucking Antarctica and Australia and South America, and then back to wherever they came from after the flood ended? You would think there would be bones or remains or some scientific proof of all of these migrations but for some reason there's nothing so far. There's been all sorts of expeditions to find proof but no one has found any 100% solid proof. And how would it end up in Iraq if the ark landed on some mountains in Turkey?

you want to be a robot who is preprogrammed to do good? thats not free will.

but we came from nothing right?
>muh bigbang

tru, da creator is u

>A boat matching the description found Iraq
How did it find Iraq?

It's also possible that transcription errors happen. I'm not familiar enough with the Hebrew number system or language to speak with any authority on that, however. Even still, being locked up in a big damned box does potentially dispose its occupants to exaggeration.

Maybe they only start counting at the bar/bat mitzvah.

What does god do to people who break the 9th commandment? You might want to find out.

Not a fucking thing, if Zionism is any example.

Then it isn't a miracle. Its a guy who loaded some livestock onto a raft and survived a flood. Why would you argue for that interpretation of the story? You aren't even claiming that this was the first boat.

Or the errors are obvious and people will make excuses for what they believe.

Everyone should treat their beliefs with the same scepticism they treat everything else with. The world would be much more rational.