Is rape really all that bad? It's just sex. Forced or not it shouldn't have such a harsh punishment

Is rape really all that bad? It's just sex. Forced or not it shouldn't have such a harsh punishment

b8m8

legitimately and unironically kill yourself

Does a woman get wet while being raped? I imagine the body would be dry the whole time.

Does anyone know?

i always bring lube, just in case

>I imagine the body would be dry the whole time
This is basically the biggest problem. If they aren't aroused then you're going to physically damage her. Also some minor mental thing about men being strong and scary.

Why? I legitimately want to know why rape has such a harsh punishment.

I know it's bad, but it should be an A misdemeanor with 5 years time served. The only difference it has on sex is consent. No one is hurt? Pregnancy can be dealt with abortion so no long lasting issues.

Meanwhile actually causing someone harm with physical assault is treated more lightly.

Maybe 50 years ago when women actually had dignity and self respect, but the modern women deserves no respect so I say 2 months community service and a written apology to the father / husband should be fine.

But instead you get a decade or more in prison and your life is practically over. Even if you're not found guilty.

All because you had sex with someone who didn't want it. The punishment doesn't fit the crime

kek

>All because you had sex with someone who decides to say she didn't want it after the fact

I can't tell if this is b8 or not. Rape is illegal for a multitude of reasons, but for some reason you seem to look past all that. Just kill yourself

Can anyone justify the punishment you receive? Put everything you learned aside, forget man made laws and look at rape objectively and tell me why the punishment is so harsh

They can get wet just fine.

Around 20% of female rape victims even have an orgasm.

Because it is a deterrent you fucktard.

Saying it's illegal isn't a valid argument.

I agree it should be outlawed and punished. But why so severely

So raping strangers has a better success rate than my gf. I gotta try this

Kill yourself.

See that's assault and she's underage.

That's not what I'm arguing here.

Because of the psychological/mental effects it has on victims. It leads to severe depression, on top of other mental side effects. It's also assault when consent isn't given. Not to mention that things can get abusive. One guy I my friends know actually punched a girl in the face and tried to knock her out in an attempt to rape her. If you want the answers as to why it's illegal since I can only provide so much information, I suggest googling it to find the answers you seek

Has a point. With the exception of children

pls kys op

See I don't see how it's not rape?
When the girl starts struggling and not letting you fuck her while she doesn't want to be fucked, what are you going to do?
(Not saying you're going to rape someone, just a hypothetical)

OP worries me

I'd Google if I wanted "answers" .

I know why it's illegal. That's not why I'm here. I want to discuss debate the severity of the punishment. I don't think it fits the crime

Sauce op

>it's fine guys, we can just abort the baby! Nobody's hurt, there's no problems with rape!
Kill yourself, then proceed to find a way to come back from the dead just so you can kill yourself again.

its really just forced pleasure

>Because of the psychological/mental effects it has on victims. It leads to severe depression

what if not raping leads to severe depression?

>what if not raping leads to severe depression?
i wish a girl would rape me

Sauce

Celestia from Re:Creators

Can't have an open discussion without all the autists pitching a fit.

I've only gotten answers as to why it's illegal (not what I'm arguing) and 1 good answer. "A deterrent"

I don't think that justifies the punishment though. Rape is bad but it doesn't deserve 10+ years in prison

Then it would be consensual sex, not rape.

Then that's not anyone's fault, that's not cause and affect.

Tell that to your little sister at the hospital after she's been a victim.
See what happens.

The average sentence for theft is a couple years, but we all know there are people who get plenty more. People who get convicted of rape usually spend over 6 years in prison (give or take). The damage that is done is the psychological damage and the effect it has on their mental health. Most victims take years upon years to recover and have to spend a ludicrous amount of money on therapy to help the come to terms with what happened and to help with their depression. It mentally sticks with them forever. The crime fits the punishment, so I'm confused as to why you see otherwise. It's not like they're getting a life sentence

Rape isn't just about the physical implications it taking away someone's right to choose, which is kind of a big deal is it not?

If the issue is any injuries they may sustain and psychological trauma than why isn't the punishment a fine?

The rapist pays all medical bills and therapy bills. Plus he's serve a short time is prison but not 10 fucking years. That's too long

Sauce nigga

if there can be a feminine penis, there can be consensual rape

hot.. moar

Emotionally destroy someone, its all good.
Make sure they're terrified and scarred their entire life.
Not even bad, hey?

why does causality matter when the effect is the same?

bc it ruins the other persons life forever
its not only physical assault but mental

You can scar someone for life and terrify them legally!!

I don't see how that's worth so much jail time. If that's the big issue then have the rapist pay for therapy!

As it stands the punishment should be the same as assault (unless underage) plus a fine for medical bills

In this thread:

13 year olds who haven't met a woman and think they are mindless fuckdolls , or encountered someone who is emotionally damaged.

just to play devils advocate, this is how it worked since the beginning of humanity

>inb4 appeal to nature

This

its ok to ruin someones life so long as they pay money for it, you only get one life and to ruin that for someone is unexcusable, having them pay for the fees isnt enough

>Not what I'm arguing

That is actually 100% what you are arguing.

Rape causes the physical symptoms of light physical abuse at a maximum normally. Its the only crime that is punished based on its emotional impact on the victim. Thats why it seems so odd. imagine if all crimes were judged based on the emotional reaction of the victim. Especially since its impossible to quantify an emotional reaction or pain.

Is that fanart or really in the show

its so much worse than assault, sex is a very personal thing your arm isnt

just because it has worked that way dosnt mean it should

I find it hard to believe that the trauma from having forced sex ruins your life. A year of therapy and some happy pills should help.

And again you can cause severe mental trauma legally without jail time. So why is that the aspect of the crime that deserves 10+ years in prison

And the exception of it not being just misdemeanor.
And also the exception of no one being hurt.
And the exception of abortion having no long lasting issues.

Actually he's wrong on everything.

why?

May have ruined someone's sex life for the rest of thier life.
They wanted to have sex, (one time) rather than finding a willing partner, they decided to mentlly damage someone so they can't have sex a lot of the time, even when they want to.
That's not to mention phisical damage to the person.
Tearing, scaring, unwanted pregnancy, STIs.
Yeah, you can get an abortion, then you have to deal with other people's judgment, risk of cervical cancer, brings down your chances of children if you wanted to have them.
On top of that, it wasted someone's fucking time. You have to spend a year + checking for STIs. Abortions leave you unable to work for a while, so loss of wages even.
I'd want someone to get 10+ years for just that.
Just go on Craiglist and fuck someone willing ffs.

Rape is trendy right now. Most women will say it's worse than murder or genocide or any other crime, because that gives them power.

Rape is bad of course, and should be illegal. Too bad feminists and SJWs are diluting the word "rape" to mean almost anything and people no longer care.

but you can still see it and just because its hard to quantify does not mean we shouldnt take it into account

why should it?

America is filled with fucking prudes.

Sex isn't precious. Sex is sex.

i asked you first nigger

Honestly if someone raped me or attempted it I would kill them.. I would torture them until they died or having no time just kill them in whatever way I could.. possibly in their sleep since they somehow overpowered me.

Until you know someone who has been raped, then you're not going to understand the issue at hand and the severity

Murder is much worse than rape, that's all I'm adding to this conversation.

A damaged life is better than having no life.

It also makes people who recover from rape look bad, implying them dying is a better fate lol.

You won't believe how much shit I get for saying this shit on a college campus.

I ain't even a conservative smh.

it ruins people self confidence, ability to have pleasure in sex, and it destroys trust, why shouldn't it get 10 years
please read some stories about rape survivors

The first step of committing a heinous crime is rationalization, that being said op is probably some degenerate 30 year old living in his parents garage accompanied only by the stench of Doritos and autism. Seriously op you should just off yourself instead of draining resources that rightfully belong to the rest of society. Rape is mentally scarring and honestly the punishment should be death. Physical wounds heal mental ones don't, rape ruins a person for life.

>tl:dr op should kill himself

Wow that's a load of cringe.

burden of proof fam, you cant ask someone to disprove you without providing a reason to believe you

The vagina produces more secretions when something is inserted into it.

if you think sex isnt intimate in anyway you have a problem

I agree. It's sex. Everyone likes sex. You wouldn't arrest me for jumping out of the bushes and giving you a box of cookies. I don't see what the big deal is.

It's hard to do that when I'm locked up for the rape

1 last time for the apes who can't read.

You can cause mental trauma legally. If we break rape down it boils down to physical assault and mental trauma. The only part of that that is illegal is the assault. It doesn't deserve 10 years in prison for assault

forced sex isnt pleasurable
and this is more like you jumping out of the bushes and force feeding me cookies that i dont even like

how? most cases you can sue for this shit, and the times you cant you choose to be there.
also b/c of how it is isnt the same as how it should be

Imagine it this way OP.
>be you
>be chillin at your compy playin vidja
>suddenly a noise
>what's that? I'm the only one home...
>go into kitchen to check it out
>broken glass everywhere
>what the fuc...
>BLAM. You're hit in the side of the face by something hard
>Hit the ground, seeing stars.
>Look up
>Large man standing above you with a mask on
>He laughs and picks you up
>Bends you over the counter
>You struggle, but he grabs a kitchen knife and shoves the tip into your back.
>The knife is slightly in your back. You feel blood trickle into your shirt.
>You can't feel the pain because of the blood running down your face.
>The man pulls down your pants while whispering how he'll jam the knife into your lungs if you scream
>He rams his hard dick into your ass. dry.
>The pain in your face is forgotten as your ass feels like a beehive on fire.
>After what feels like an eternity he cums in your ass, hits you in the back of the head with the back of the kitchen knife and leaves.
>Your mom finds you 30 minutes later.

So like what... a couple years in prison right?

should be 2 yr max imo

>cookies that I don't even like

Ok, now I know you're just being a contrarian.

OP, my girlfriend was raped about 2 years ago. The metal damage it has on her and the toll of it is a struggle for her. Anytime the word is brought up in a case like this or in a jokingly way is a trigger to her and a reminder that she was abused. She's been going to therapy ever since, and even took a boxing class for a year due to the fear of it happening again. She can't even walk alone by herself at night without being on edge of the possibility that she could get attacked. I've had to listen to her cry and vent to me about her situation a multitude of times because of how badly it has effected her. It's not something where a few happy pills and a one year therapy session can make it go away. It's much more than that, and the fact that you can't see as to why the punishment doesn't fit the crime is insane in my opinion

But from where does that image come from

how?

If you killed someone and skinned them alive making a body suit out of their skin and jumped out of the bushes scaring someone, causing them mental trauma for life what would you be arrested for?

Both murder and causing trauma? Or just murder? I think it's the latter

Can't say I agree with you since I mostly feel the punishment for rape seems justified. I'm just wondering, to make things clearer, why do you think the crime isn't serious enough to deserve the punishment it yields now? Why do you think it should be less? Personally I think it's fitting, because it's a crime that can really do some damage. It's hard to compare it to other crimes, since it's unique. Yeah, its similar to assault because it can get violent, but it can also bring a whole other line of problems. The most obvious is the way it fucks with people mentally; which in itself can ruin people's lives. Theres other things too, like possible pregnancies, stripping some one of their choice, or just cultural stigmas depending where you're from. I'm having a hard time seeing past all this, and want to know more about why you're thinking what you think

This is such a dumb ass statement

tooooo loongg didnntttt reaaadd. RAPE!

I bet you don't get laid now either. Everyone loses

I think if you are going to forcibly have sex with someone you should be killed, the problem is proving it without a doubt.. anymore people say you raped them because you call them a slut and it caused some kind of trauma.. people are fucking retarded.. But personally if I could I would murder every last piece of shit who raped someone.. but yeah sure.. keep thinking its "not so bad"

The rapist probably didn't, kek

thats because its the bigger crime
also we cant make niche laws for every situation