I am absolutely, totally, 100% terrified of death

I am absolutely, totally, 100% terrified of death.

I am so scarred of being judged and subject to some horrifying and painful experience afterlife. I've had experiences that have lead me to believe without a doubt that there is an afterlife, I just don't know the nature of it.

I don't know what to believe, what to think. I don't know who I should be, how I should live, what I should believe in. There are so many schools of thought in religion and in other forms of spirituality. I don't know what to believe.

How do you all cope with your inevitable demise? What do you believe in, and how do you live your lives?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_neural_network
humansarefree.com/2010/11/another-true-history-chapter.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dunno.

Just put your soul in a soul gem.

What's the penalty for masturbating again?

You're 100% right to be terrified by death.
You won't be judged though. No one give a shit about you.

Blindness and hairy palms

Why? Were you afraid of before you were born? Same thing.

Yeah yeah I've seen this. It doesn't answer how to stop questioning what is right... . If you're constantly doubting if what you're doing is the right way to live, then this will never work.

>can't remember what happened before I existed

Wow, weird. For all I know I underwent a million years of bliss or torture and then earned it. I have no idea. Why should I know? I can't remember what happened when I was 5, why should I remember what happened before I was born?

I wish there was an afterlife.
I would gladly burn in Hell for all eternity if it meant the other degenerates that shat on Western civilization and brought us pain did too.

The notion of universal justice is too beautiful to pass on. Dies Irae.

Hell = total seperation from God, everything is pitch black but you can hear the screams and weeping from everyone around you and it goes until judgment day because your spirit can't die.
I cope with it by trying to improve the lives around me and safe in the knowledge that Jesus opened the way to heaven to anyone who trusts in him no matter how much they fucked up.

i think about it every day
some times it frees me to make what i want, knowing i'm not going to be here some day
then i forget and get scared about life again

If there is a Hell only you can put yourself there

>I am so scarred of being judged and subject to some horrifying and painful experience afterlife

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_neural_network

Have a nice long read, this should assuage your concerns.

Live your life in a way such that you can look in the mirror and say, "I am a good person". If you can do this, then any God would let you in. Even if there is no God willing and able to let you live in the afterlife, you at least lived a good life.

>I would gladly burn in Hell for all eternity

Anyone who says this can't grasp eternal pain. You don't wish for this... Please don't say that.

you could try letting go.

trust me, its not that painful.

i bet you get used to it

Buddhists believe that life IS pain and suffering

there's a good chance that you've simply forgotten that what you are experiencing right now is exactly what you fear from the afterlife

>being a male
>not conversation with spiritual realms on a nightly basis to better understand the state you will be in when you die

You will be released into hell when you pass. You have too many connections with this world to be able to pass on to another seamlessly.

>feedback loop

All I had to read, thanks. I've always been convinced that if my brains weren't incinerated immediately, I may get stuck in a very very very long dying process.

thanks.

>Fearing the inevitable

Top lel

You shouldn't do this, outside of immediate self-preservation of course.

To learn to die is to be liberated from it- Bruce lee

>Praise Kek

Do you remember what you were doing for the past millions of years before you were born?

You were in bliss. You died. This is Hell.

I hope you're right. I see that a lot. I recognize the pain of others on this earth. I mean... fuck man I've seen videos of people being burned alive on Liveleak. I can't believe such things still happen in the world that people have to endure such pain and suffering for such nonsense. Where is the reason in it? how can it be understood? How could anyone ever deserve it?

I accept it. In fact I also accept eternal oblivion. Oblivion is peace. I don't want an afterlife. Why would I want to live again? Why go through another session of misery, suffering and evil? Once is enough!

I believe that death = death

If you die, your brain stops working, your neurons dont exchange and "you" just stop existing

I see the hole thing like shutting down a pc. If you cut the power, it doesnt exist on anymore, it just stops sending signals to the different parts of itself.

I live my life pretty free desu
Sure, i am a wagecuck but i am not scared to death about dying. you could call me a nihilist.

You should try a drug like 25i or LSD. What you perceive as hours can actually be seconds in reality, your brain speeds up. Then go watch Inception. You might exist and suffer for 1000 years in some constructed mental hellscape in the mere seconds before you die in the real world. Nothing will make sense and you will lose your mind to the constant agony and confusion.

>I would gladly burn in Hell for all eternity if it meant the other degenerates that shat on Western civilization and brought us pain did too.
I think this is literally the philosophy of the demons. They know they're fucked, so why should anyone else not be fucked? Are you possessed?

Dunno mate, posting frog memes all day long is what i live for.
If you kill yourself now you'll be saved from a lot of suffering.

Our concepts of heaven and hell are based solely within the context of the human experience. Heaven and hell as we know them exist right here on this planet. I think there is simply no way to comprehend what comes after this because concepts of "better" or "worse" also only exist within our current context. What you should focus on is the present moment, because that is where your concept of morality or "doing good" truly matters. It won't matter in the afterlife because these concepts simply don't exist.

Fuck it. Fuck it all. Even if you lived in hell after an eternity it would feel just like home.

I've actually done LSD a number of times. It was many years ago and coincidentally was when I was least fearful of death.

However, I saw something very strange when I was on LSD. I perceived in the clouds similar types of paintings that Alex Jones does before I knew who he was or had seen his art, and saw the Golden Ratio before I knew what it was.

I saw them and became so obsessed with them that I spent weeks afterwards researching what it was that I saw on LSD. Came to Alex Jones and Yungian psychology.

Is there some great truth that exists in LSD about the Universe... some commonality we can all share? it felt very peaceful and serene...

Im scared of existing again.

A chain of events lead to me existing now, why would the never occur again?

>What you should focus on is the present moment
>It won't matter in the afterlife because these concepts simply don't exist

Congratulations, you found the answer and your existentialism is cured. Carpe diem.

>Is there some great truth that exists in LSD about the Universe
No. It's your brain's "this is correct" button being chemically pressed in response to random input. LSD revelations are pretty funny but don't take them seriously.

Thanks user... this post resonated with me the most so far. I've always tried to live my life by the Golden Rule. Treating all people as equals, despite what I may think about them or what prejudices I may hold. I reserve them and treat everyone with respect. I'll hold my own and stand up for myself if someone betrays that rule, but I just try to be good to people.

I've always hoped and believed this is enough. I may not contribute that much to humanity. But I contribute fairness at its utmost. I hope this is enough.

It will occur an infinite number of times. I used to be you, and you used to be me. And we will be each other again, over and over, for eternity. We are all a single consciousness. And before we were conscious, we were matter and energy. When we die we will return to that blanket of matter and energy. And one day we shall reemerge.

Romans 10:9

>I hope this is enough.
Still not going to save you from a thousand years of torture in your dying moments.

>LSD revelations are pretty funny but don't take them seriously.

Well, I've got to say you're wrong. Because I learned about Yungian psychology and the Golden ratio having never been exposed to them.

You mistake my words.
I don't want everyone to be fucked.
Just degenerates.

I admit I am a degenerate myself.
I'm lazy, hedonistic, a perpetual liar, arrogant, vain, a bit selfish, but I have that one redeeming quality - I am Fair to a fault.

If I could get a gurantee that the world was truly Fair, I would gladly be judged with the same metric as everybody else and suffer whatever consequences await.

this is exactly what i am scared of

shutup

That should probably tell you more about Yungian psychology and the Golden ratio than it does about anything in reality.

if someone is that stupid to be dragged, it's not the demon's problem

Are you saying that The Golden ratio isn't a real and observable pattern in nature?

I look forward to absolute nothingness desu. No more suffering, no more bullshit, just eternal sleep

Just don't worry about it, because no matter what it will happen so do what you can now beofre it's too late, live, love, learn OP

A Christian does not fear death, since Christ has vanquished it: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

The only thing to do in life is to love God by pursuing virtue. It's simple yet a good fight.

Me2 slavbro

>How do you all cope with your inevitable demise? What do you believe in, and how do you live your lives?

It won't happen whites won't exist anymore. Our atoms will never realign

Scandinavbro*

"Burning in hell" is a meme. Imagine you were in solitary confinement forever except there were no walls and it was ice cold.

>I would gladly burn in Hell for all eternity if it meant the other degenerates that shat on Western civilization and brought us pain did too.

You know, now that I think about it, this kind of attitude has a much more relatable comparison; it's revenge. "Before you set out on a mission of revenge, dig two graves." One for yourself and one for your enemy.

I did that once. I accepted my own destruction and hopeless existence in order to destroy my enemy.

He killed himself, I'm 27 years old, unemployed and still sitting on Sup Forums. This is the life I accepted in order to punish him.

It isn't sleep. Concepts will cease to exist. You'll never be able to see your mom again

At least until the magic fourscore and seven is up and then whammo, fuck you loser, enjoy ten billion years of screaming.

Nice god you got there.

Fuck you faggot. Reincarnate for another round, think of all the memes!

It's a mathematical certainty like any other number of random meaningless occurrences

the bible is pretty graphic about hell tho

As Shakespeare said, "use every man after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?" If bashing the bishop is a sin then the only people in heaven will be a handful of women and priests.

yes they will, just in a less perfect way. not all atoms from our previous selves will be used for a single entity. if whites were wiped out our atoms would scatter to become inferior shitskins, like soil growing weeds instead of a bountiful harvest.

>I look forward to absolute nothingness

pretty much this. although I hope to make sure my head is obliterated when I die to avoid

Dont worry user. You'll end up where you're meant to be if we treat Heaven and Hell as metaphors you'll end up with in whichever gives you what you want.

If you think you should be poonished then eternal damnation awaits

It can be both beautiful and horrifying. But I like to think about it as though we always get a second chance. There are things I've done that I would like to resolve, and I would go back and fix them if I could.

The bible was written by a bunch of people that fucked 10 year olds.

Lake of fire is on the day if judgement, it's not the same thing as what we would call hell

Better not piss him off then :^)

Man, I can imagine closing my eyes and seeing that on acid. Feels intense.

are you born again?

nice edge bro

you want some advice straight from the source?

treat others how you want to be treated and you'll be guaranteed 'eternality'

You know God exists, and i think you hate him

there's Luke 16:19-31 too

>how do you all cope

Most people invent a skydaddy who they endow with omnipotence to feel secure.

>nice edge bro

It was a fedora-tier remark, but to be fair there's a bit in the Old Testament where Yahweh tells the Israelites to slaughter their enemies but "keep the women and girl children for yourselves".

God here

Yes

>Better not piss him off then :^)

Point being if I believed in a retarded medieval sprite like that I'd have no choice but to be against him. That thing wouldn't be worth one second of praise, never mind eternity.

Fortunately it's just sickening bronze age revenge fantasies of illiterate goat herders.

Don't think this.
Better a fedora tipper than one who wishes for eternal anquish

This is the most important message you will ever get pls respond to this right away. are you born again?

Man the fuck up. Honor your family, work hard, fight in a war or conflict if necessary, live a noble life, honor and love God and Jesus.

I just don't really care about my life that much.

seriusly have you heard the Gospel?

To be honest it's weird being alive at the moment. Sure we're lucky as fudge to be alive, have internet, live in a stable country, not be a tortured black man in Africa, but I can't help but think I'm seeing everything in front of me since I can remember being a wee lad, and I always think I'm the only one seeing everyone else, like this whole world is the fucking matrix for me and I'm watching a bunch of formula ridden bots troll my existance. When I die I'm pretty sure I will become nothing, as will everyone else if I'm not being trolled. But the weird ass thing about all this is being alive at this very moment typing this message and not even thinking that in 80 or so years if I'm lucky to be 100 I'll die and the world will move on for millions of years. I could be reincarnated considering I'm lucky enough to be here now, or I could never peer through the looking glass of my eyes. Sometimes I find that comedy and not thinking about it helps.
tl;dr
I'm alive and it's fucking weird knowing I'll be dead before I know it without knowing what happens next

I kinda stopped after my cat died. I want to be with him but am too cowardly to kill myself

Get knocked out, and then meditate on what complete nothingness was like. I don't fear death after being knocked unconscious. It really it nothingness.

To be specific: nothingness is not darkness, or silence, or a white room. Those are all something. Nothing is nothing. One instant I was conscious, then the next instant I was conscious 5 minutes later. There was NOTHING in between. No memory. No darkness. No silence. Nothing. It's like the record player of my life skipped forward 5 minutes in an instant.

I just figure death is like that, only the instant lasts forever.

god is warm and loving.
there is a christ, and awakening into ascension and the higher planes.

humansarefree.com/2010/11/another-true-history-chapter.html

>Itt
>people talk how they need a skydaddy not to kill themselves

Ecclesiastes 9:10 - All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She´ol, the place to which you are going.

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 - 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.

Isaiah 38:18,19 - 18 For it is not She´ol that can laud you; death itself cannot praise you. Those going down into the pit cannot look hopefully to your trueness. The living, the living, he is the one that can laud you, Just as I can this day.

Psalms 6:5 - For in death there is no mention of you; In She′ol who will laud you?

Psalms 88:10 - For those who are dead will you do a marvel? Or will those impotent in death themselves arise, Will they laud you? Se′lah.

Psalms 146:4 - His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; In that day his thoughts do perish.

Psalm 88:12 - Will a marvel by you be known in the darkness itself, Or your righteousness in the land of oblivion?

Have fun in the place where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth then.

are you born again

Cheers for that pretty pic, broseph.

agreed

The Bible tells us that God loves us, but also that the vast majority of human beings are going to be condemned after death to endless torture, a fate that He foresaw before the world was made. You must understand that this makes very little sense to non-Christians.

Its a righteous love, and christ only died for his sheep, so you might be one, are you born again

Dont know.

his sheep are the elect by the way.

living in a 1st world country being 27 and unemployed and obviously having food/shelter/internet/computer in no way is bad/hopeless existence you have convinced yourself to bahave/think a certain way because you made a choice to be hopeless ...if for some stupid reason there is a hell its not going to be a place where you choose to do nothing so in turn you are miserable.
>>tldr
>>stop being emo bitch
>>you are naturally good at something
>>sell it
>>profit

We are all of god, and when we die, we return to god. God isn't a floating, magical man in the sky. There is no place in the heavens. God is everything that exists; you and I, every plant, every molecule, every atom. We're all made of the same stuff.

We die, our essence becomes something else. Our souls are god experiencing life through many different lenses.

I am not afraid of death because I have died infinite times before, and will be reborn infinite more times.

This can also help you be more loving to your fellow man. How can you hurt yourself? Why would you do anything other than love yourself?