What was his problem?

What was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Gaveston,_1st_Earl_of_Cornwall
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

His son was /shortshanks/

Mel gibson mooned him.

He was French.

The problem withnScotlamd is, there's too many Scots.

he wanted to fuck his son's wife

He was actually a pretty good king in most respects. His biggest problem was probably his rubbish son.

Scotland, Ireland and Wales have always resisted civilization to this day.

>the movie made Robert the Bruce out to be some fucking cowardly traitor when he was the real Braveheart

I have no idea why Mel embellished the story so much when an accurate depiction of these people and the events of the time would have made for a great movie.

Scotland was filled with Scots.

you mean, his wife's son?

>Scotland, Ireland and Wales have always resisted civilization to this day.

as I recall they voted no in the Sottish Independence referendum

He still wasn't over the Prisoners cancellation.

How would you feel if your only son and heir was a foppish faggot who would most likely lose the entire kingdom after your death because he was too busy playing dress up to produce a rightful heir to supplant him. Longshanks should have done the deed himself, waited until the baby was born and, if it was a boy, thrown his son out a window along with his "military advisor".

He was still butthurt over being taken prisoner by Simon de Montfort

>as I recall they voted no in the Sottish Independence referendum
they would be fucked if they didn't, starting an economy with that small piece of infertile land. English might as well invade them for teh lulz.
why do you think english gave them their independence back, the land is useless.

Homophobe.

A muslim tried to kill him in the crusades and his wife sucked the poison out of his stab wound. His wife died years later and he was heat broken, leading him to build castles everywhere in Wales in memory of her. Then he allies with a Scot (puppet) puts him on the throne of Scotland, the puppet then turns against Longshanks, so Longshanks removes him because the puppet was doing nothing to stop the Scottish from constantly raiding York (Northern England), so Longshanks went batshit insane and went brutal on the Scots, teaching them not to fuck with Northern England again.

There's your story, also his son was a flaming faggot and the movie called Longshanks a Pagan? He wasn't, he was a Roman Catholic. Idiot Mel Gibson.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Gaveston,_1st_Earl_of_Cornwall

He was exiled repeatedly and then executed for coming back by Edward II because he had not choice and this was after Edward I was dead.

So Mel Gibson yet again getting things wrong.

holy shit I didn't realise that.

His son being just useless and clearly not fit to rule was more of a concern over being gay. Plenty of people were gay that could get their jobs done an no one cared. Edward II was just rubbish, gay or not. At least he produced an heir.

Also I think he had one or more elder brothers with promise who died, leaving his father with him, which probably didn't help.

To be fair, Robert the Bruce become a patriotic hero at the end so it was basically his hero's journey but out-of-camera