youtube.com/watch?v=qU7Khqd-N1o
rateyourmusic.com/release/single/good-friend-rodriguez/no_73762004/
youtube.com/watch?v=Gp14CeOLND8
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tuxedomoon/desire/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/les_sculpteurs_de_vinyl/memory_and_money/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good

good

New thread go, what you guys listening to?

V more like ctrl+V

Someone go get it please

hey that's sort of a coincidence

wew, close one lads

how do I start here

Get a trip and stick your head up your ass.

u just did my friend
welcome
disco inferno - 5 eps
gettin this tourney shit DONE

(trip optional)

>5 eps
mfw last dance

What's Disco Inferno like? They're probably the band that most interests me and for that reason I'm putting them off until I feel like giving it the most intense listen to ever.

Tfw you get so used to clicking signposts for vehicle captchas and start failing them as a result.

they r good

man idk how you would describe em desu
theyre post rock, but not in the same way GY!BE or Talk Talk or Sigur Ros is post rock. They use a lot of samples in their stuff to make a super dense and psychedelic atmosphere, and they're a lot more energetic and surreal. im loving all that im hearing from them so far

get a high quality trip such as mine

...NoveltyCondom !9t0PM/SQps Archived
/daily/ - spakitty edition
07/04/17(Tue)04:16:21 No.73736878
66 KB
66 KB JPG
The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Tilt to remove the bad taste the second half of Nite Flights left in my mouth.

The Cockfighter's jumpscare still gets me everytime.

I'm not getting a trip
ok good
pic related

saw paolo fresu today, great show
then again who cares
is this good i liked her ravel

more like cach lmao

Bach is her specialty so yeah
her Ravel record is stunning though

Get a name at least, or start a chart to track your listening. how are we supposed to know who you are.

Oh I guess this will be the next Bach I try
eventually
too much stuff to do as of now

if you wont get a trip, do something stupid or show some kind of personality trait so we can label you

Jumpscare? I gotta try this.

richard youngs - festival

this is a really weird one. sort of unclassifiable. it made me think of like, old school 80s industrial except with the sounds replaced with more organic and "bright" instrumentation. i'm not sure i'd call this ambient or drone or improv or whatever else fully. the second track made me think of sets of some sort of object (the other instruments maybe?), and then the loud DING! that repeats is the separator between them that makes each section contained. track three is like a never ending sigh and a dimension bending space exploration playing at the same time. it also sounds a lot like the intro bit to transparent radiation by spacemen 3 which is cool. there is something very early ariel pink about track four in that it reminds me of the little bits of ambient sound between his song songs. track five is definitely one to stare out at the sea to on a foggy grey morning. the songs can seem a little basic for being so long but its p neat.

very close to rating the movie Boss Baby a 0.5/5 without even watching it after sitting next to my sister seeing bits of it and after seeing that fucking stupid face everywhere.. why are they starting to animate movies like this i'm seeing it more and more
kek i loathe the third track of Hell Driver.. why did they think that was a good idea?

the rest is amazing though so its still a 4/5 for me

Where is the jumpscare? Was it supposed to be the horn section? I guess if the volume was dead high it might catch me off guard, really fun that was.

i facetimed the boss baby and we went christmas shopping lol

ALSO what the fuck am i listening to stick this is so good but sounds like no other meme house i've heard

>why did they think that was a good idea?
the entire point of the album is to make you feel pain. if you didn't listen at max volume you didn't listen to the same album i did.

blah blah ablahlb balg

fuck yeah *dab*

wow congrats to everyone who was on top in their matchups lmao
>Disco Inferno - 5 EP's
more disco inferno goodness. although i like the structure and atmosphere of d.i. go pop more, this was still a damn good compilation of DI's works. all the songs are very slow and dreamy and psychedelic and noisy, its a good time.
3.5-
>Van Dyke Parks - Song Cycle
honestly i wasnt a huge fan of this. the melodies didnt really catch my ear and the eclectic nature of the album just wasnt my style. ive said before that art pop is hit or miss for me, and this is a miss. however, the concept in itself is really sweet, so its a bit above a 2.5 just for that.
3-
>Kazma Kazma
this is some batshit insane slav rock, its a ton of fun. the songs lasted a bit longer than i would have liked them too, but i enjoyed the general sound and feel of the album.
3+
>Impossible Nothing - Phoneminomicon
god damn what an exhausting fucking listen. 4 hours and 20 minutes of the most banging ass hip hop beats ive ever heard. im not gonna lie, i skipped around a lot, but i loved what i heard. its not just the same beat for 10 minutes, but the way it seamlessly transitions between different beats and atmospheres is really remarkable. i want to throw this on next time i have a super long car ride.
3.5-

trip, comet, accel, stick. no restrictions from now on. you know what to do.

GIve the boss baby a chance

no shut the fuck up it's perfect

uhhh
the rude staircase - sookie jump
also please put (no) in parentheses next to your first question

post a youtube video that contains your credit card info and I'll tell you if it's good or not

youtube.com/watch?v=wwOipTXvNNo

Yeah it's when the horn section kicks in. Maybe if you weren't expecting idk.

youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg

youtu.be/018P39kGXdU

all of your posts make me feel pain im not about to go give them all a 5/5 on rym

youtube.com/watch?v=nVyEn30TNSc

youtube.com/watch?v=dqB-EMqpsUA

youtube.com/watch?v=9IVX-nwO3xQ&t

youtube.com/watch?v=kiQtEDrdYDY

that was pretty bad

youtube.com/watch?v=qU7Khqd-N1o

rateyourmusic.com/release/single/good-friend-rodriguez/no_73762004/

Hello, I'm new

So do I just put albums in a chart and then tick one off each day?

yeah.
what're ya into?

SCAM! :{

hmm

accurate

Do you like poseurcore?

Cool.

Mostly weeb garbage, but also IDM, ambient/drone, folk, post-rock.

I'm partial to a bit of poseurcore fore shore.

Well that's the main thing, but not really needed. We listen to stuff as often as we can, preferably daily, make tourneys, daily charts etc.

But yeah making a chart, listening to one album per day, and writing a little about it is a good start

that's a decent selection.

>weeb garbage

Do you like Kero Kero Bonito

Sounds good. Brb.

...I do now!

that's a very brown chi-TAN-da

lol 7th score out o 8 but I advance anyway

Can I get a ahh umm Acid Mothers Temple - La Novia ?

Tan-oshii desu.

Satan digits for Acid Mothers Temple

Awesome, we'll get along well

ive already heard that sry dude

Says the user
Hm what if I don't want to

add Bucc's "Whats Wrong" to list

kkb is great

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp14CeOLND8

do I know you

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tuxedomoon/desire/

Welcome aboard friend!

"no"

Dang, ok uh
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/les_sculpteurs_de_vinyl/memory_and_money/

>beaten by half of a point

glhf welcome to dailies

have white people always been this awful or is this a new thing

Fuckin whites amirite

MONTANA

was trying to get some sleep but I couldn't so ok, I'm gonna do it, just two albums to go, then I don't know if I'll be doing another backlog chart or a tourney or kill myself, probably all three

does this thread have good discussions or is it just facebook

does white people have good the facebook or have they always been discussions

Hater

KKB is good shit, Bonito Generation AOTY 2016

facebook is better go there

uuuuh

How's this for a starter chart? A... charter? hehe

The rows are from top to bottom: "nu essentials" vaporwave; some punk-type stuff because I don't listen to punk; some random Japanese stuff in genres I don't listen to; and then a comfort row for stuff I know I'll enjoy.

>worry
GROSS

>all that future funk
ehhhhhhh

disengage and while you were out are great picks. so is void, but nobody is truly "ready" to experience void.

what's this

yeah you should really start with Three Cheers For Disappointment

So you're saying I should... worry?

I'm looking forward to Disengage. I hope it's the sound I'm expecting.

all right here I made a trip

do I talk about new music I heard today now

:)
its not really my thing as in i really dislike it
>name starts with "trip"
:{

Pork sculpture in formaldehyde.

how about now

wonderful perfect welcome

ok here's my first

I had seen this album in the RYM classical charts for a while now and just assumed it was some generic postminimal stuff. you know, the typical RYM stuff that gets forgetten a few years down the line. reading the background surprised me and got me very interested (this composition was forgotten for 50 years, and the primary inspiration for La Monte Young)

while it's historically significant, listening through disc 1 didn't really show me anything that I didn't already hear and get bored with in the Well Tuned Piano prior. it's absolutely a great piece, and tremendously important, but when it comes to personal enjoyment there are a lot more minimal records that I prefer.
7/10

Ok this I like

>this composition was forgotten for 50 years, and the primary inspiration for La Monte Young
so will this become poseurcore?

Yeah, it's not like you have to make a chart, you could just post single reviews .

>ambient and jpop
oh well

yummy :)

oh hi

Good first choice for a review. I did read that there was some misconceptions on this piece being "forgotten" moreso than ignored for a good amount of time. November inspired, his colleagues perfected.

what

definitely possible though Dennis Johnson is a lot less memey than LMY