What's the scariest film you've seen?

3 guys 1 hammer

HILLARY'S AMERICA: THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

How was that scary?

Gore isn't horror. I just kept feeling sorry and angry for the guy

Why don't you ask why The Shining is scary? That movie blew

At least it's a fucking movie. Go back to Sup Forums

Schindler's list

I was a kid but, this was defiantly the movie that scared me the most.

The Grifter

I haven't been scared by a movie since I was a kid. I watch horror films to laugh and enjoy myself because real life is terrifying enough

The Grudge

I'd just split from a paranoid girlfriend when I first saw that film. Shouldn't be able to relate to it as much as I did.

Does it count as "scary" if the movie makes you subtly question your own sanity? If so, Pontypool

this... u wanna see a horror movei? turn on THE NEWS

Why would that make you question your sanity?

I've been legitimately scared by:
Exorcist as a kid.
Troll 2 car scene when I saw it as a kid.
The Others when I saw it in theatres whenever it came out.
The opening scene of the American remake of The Ring.
The Asian horror movie Dark Water actually scared me as an adult.

It just made me feel uneasy

Holy fucking shit
Budget 11 million
Profit 735,000

I've never heard of this movie but I know why

are you talking about antichrist? are you a 16 year old retard?

That's rude. You shouldn't assume his age. Maybe he's just retarded and not underage.

why, my peenus weanus of course :)

hahah! :D

it's my weeeeeenus peanus! :) hahah

ITT: scariest thing i've ever saw - my answer is, of course, my peanus weenus :D

hahaha!

I agree, that's just rude and insulting to all the retards in the world.

You're an idiot

thats what she said!

>I've never heard of this movie
How is that even possible? It's a Von Trier film for crying out loud.

The Taking of Deborah Logan was pretty good but I don't watch a lot of horror these days. I remember a scene toward the end was particularly unsettling. The posessed woman has her jaw stretched out wide like a snake and has the little girl's head halfway swallowed before they catch her and start shooting.

Are there any good horror movies that don't rely on jump scares but instead create a creepy, unnerving atmosphere?

Ring (japanese version).

Noroi had me feel tense and uneasy. I watched it alone at 3 am. Never again.

Kill List and Lake Mungo to name a couple. Also, most Asian horror.

And this

It wasn't really scary though. I think my issue was the kids lol I'm a witch! I'm S00KY Child actors are 99% of the time terrible.

best creepy/ spooky asian horror?
watched noroi, grudge, ring and shutter

She is making such a great dick sucking face there

*SP00KY

Came here to post this. Watched Noroi on an /x/ stream around midnight years ago. It was pretty terrifying

boner why

Meme it up den

yee yee yee yee yee we need dem phat dank memez yo mo memes 4 ma meme foldah ya heard meh i loaf dem m'mays y'all, gotta get those dank upvotes on le reddit with my epic Sup Forums memez, hell yeh

the medium for horror is video game now. I can easily imagine insanely scary scenes in my mind but for some reason the directors of those movies can't.

Shutter

Korean japs surely can make great horror movies

This because I literally don't watch any other horror movies

i know but he said creepy, unnerving atmosphere instead of jump scares, and i think this conveyed the omnipresent tension pretty well

Lost Highway and Mulholland Dr

Please be trolling.

that movie is Thai

I never said it had to have jump scares to be scary. It has barley any creepy atmosphere because it is destroyed the second they try to build it up.

C'mon, son, bust out dem shoopin skillz, and put a big ass nigga cock in dat spooky bitches mouf, nahmean

Haunted Mansion

It was spooky...

>watching horror movies
I'm not a pleb
It had one jumpscare and those zombies scared me
fuck you

Pleb confirmed.

>he thinks watching horror movies makes him a patrician

don't listen to him, he's batshit insane

This one.

>pleb
I think he might just be a gigantic pussy (or a female).

paranormal activty movies scare me

I liked the 3rd one.
those shots where the camera moves back and forth are neat.

Black Christmas, 1974.
Underrated Scary Fucking Movie.

>he thinks avoiding whole genre puts him above others

I thought it was comfy.

You know it was the same director as A Christmas Story, right?

There are bunch of movies that do this, but you probably wont find them scary because you have been desensitized from watching horror on screen because you have been watching horror movies since you were 12.
I know i am.

>horror

>They care about impressing strangers on an anonymous imageboard by appearing as a "Patrician"

underrated post

I watched The Shining as a little kid and it scared the fuck out of me and now I refuse to watch horror movies as a 28 year old

>Mulholland Dr

Every month or so I think about this film, it gets creeper the more I think about it. THe Dream/nightmare scene is honestly the creepiest shit ever. I've had those moments, luckly they were dream like moments, where I get light headed and feel drunk with happiness.

The Exorcist

>The Shining
>scary

Nice meme, reddit.

i dont think ive seen anything scarier to be honest. maybe i just havnt seen that much.

blair witch really shit me up when i first seen it
the whole 'found footage' thing was cool too, cause it was the first film to do it. now it's fucking old hat.

my life documentary desu

Mothman Prophecies

>Boo !
this is the only awnser

Same thing

Pretty much this Don't waste your time with American version; they don't get its "atmosphere" right.

If you want something American I strongly recommend Hitchcock.

>get really jumpy anticipating him to show up again after the first one or two times
>mfw it later appears in the background for a sec

Ju-on version was pretty scary.
Scene wasn't scary, it was: "Pause the movie and lie down on the bed not feeling good".

>It
Watching a scary ass clown while english isn't your native language being a kid of 6 scared me a lot. I didn't understand the funny jokes of Pennywise.
>Rosemary's baby
Still to this day, I find it pretty scary.
Polanski has something, I've watched The Ghost Writer like 8 times and still want to watch it again.

depends on what you think scary means

seen Repulsion? It had more scares than Rosemary's Baby for me.

>Ju-on version was pretty scary.

I've been meaning to watch Ju-on for some time now. Are there different versions, you're saying?

I recall watching TV and hitting a channel that was playing some The grudge sequel and it was completely american-based. Is this what you mean?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE DID ...

Ju-on, the grudge 2002
Ju-on, the grudge 2003

The Grudge (American) 2004
The Grudge (American) 2006.

I'm meaning the first one, it's not as spectacular as the American version., but still has some nice scenes.

No, but I'll add it to my watch-list.
Same era and Polanski. Good.

I saw it when I was around 7 and I garnered a strange fixation with myers. Parents didn't even care though, and I turned out fine despite having really shitty siblings.

Seventh Continent is creepy as fuck and it's not even a horror.

that one's just so goddamn depressing

No dude dont bring that up
Shit left me with night terrors for years

This

Its just a fucking Shanter mask but holy shit was it terrifying

Movies that legit scared me as a kid that I vividly remember:

- IT
- Nightmare on Elmstreet 1 and 3 (2 at times too, but not so much, 4 and beyond never scared me in the slightest)

- The Keep
- Alien

There are others, but IT and Nightmare definitely probably because kids were targeted by crazy killers that could get you anytime, anywhere.

As an adult:
- Seven (can still make my heart beat faster when I see the drugged up living corpse on the bed after intense moments of build-up

Still, it's hard to pin point THE scariest film I've ever seen.

When I was younger Candyman freaked me out.

underrated

>What's the scariest film you've seen?
This Is Not A Film.

movie?