What would happen if a sun made of ice would collide with a normal, lava-made sun...

What would happen if a sun made of ice would collide with a normal, lava-made sun? Both suns would be the same size and ice-made sun's temperature would be -1000 degrees of celsius and normal sun's temperature +1000 degrees of celsius.

Would their combined effects cancel each other out so that instead there would be only empty space or one 0-degree sun?

Other urls found in this thread:

what-if.xkcd.com/14/
mpg.de/research/negative-absolute-temperature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

find me an ice sun somewhere out there in the universe and then we'll talk

He posted a picture of one fuckhead.

When you say Sun. you mean an amount of matter that is sufficent enough to collapse on itself and start fusing.

The usage of the word sun is self contradictory. You are retard

>-1000 degrees

i really hope this is bait and not just a completely science illiterate 14 year old

The sun is not made of lava, and -1000°C is physically impossible.

Reality is stranger than fiction in space. There are bodies out there, whether stars or planets, that are super hot or super cold.

>replying to the oldest bait among baits.

I promise you, there is not a thing in the universe that is -1000 degrees celsius.

how are there people who dont know this bait

The grass sun is the best. Fuck outta here with your normie lava and ice suns

1: there is no "lava" sun. The sun is made of plasma, a lot of atoms coliding.
2: there is no 'ice"sun. Any star is made of plasma. Only asteroids and planets have freeze water in the body.
3: If a cold planet/asteroid (max -459,67 F) come closer to a sun (about 10832 ºF in surface.) The ice would turn into water, than water steam, and would be absorved by the sun, turning into plasma.

you aren't god, how do you know?

> -1000 degrees celcius
Did you even go to school OP?

Because physics breaks down once you hit 0K (-273.15 C). You literally can't get below absolute zero, hence the name "absolute".

It would cause a Big Bang i think

youre absoulte zero

cause every cientist in the world confirm that. All particles shake themselfs very quickly. The lower the temperature, less shakes. The temperature is the name given to the vibration of the molecules. If there is no shake, the temperature is none.

There are stars that are actual solid diamond. Lern astrofizicks retard

Hello newfriends!! How's your first day on Sup Forums?

Not him but I'm an astrophysics/cosmology masters student at u.c. Berkeley and I can tell you there's no such thing as an object cooler than -273.15 Celsius.

refer to

how's yours?

Oh shit... SHIT... Don't you know what would happen...You fucking did it, you created a supermassive Black Hole of 1000X normal black holes.

Moon is small and same size of sun. So results would be low.
Pic related

Picture of CGI (computer generated image). Nothing real because there are not any actual picture of any planet from close distance.

Makes an asteroid belt

Where did you get suns tempeture . LOL
I want know who of NASA messured it. Maybe that one who works with Photoshop and post all photos which none of those are real.

Coldest possible is -273c
Assuming you mean a huge hot thing and a huge thing of ice
They wouldn't come close to each other because the huge ball of ice would steam awayat its surface creating thrust. More the closer they got

Sun from ice would melt down till it would colided...

Have you mapped the entirety of space? Is your brain in your ballbag or your asshole?

Probably mesured by an infrared thermometer and math
Kys

>grass sun
this guy knows what's up, smoke da sun

>u.c. Berkeley
Watch out guys, we're dealing with Bernie Sanders over here

Well the lava sun would harden and cause the ice to steam creating giant clouds and after the lava cooled and hardened it would mare oceans with ice encased around it so on the surface would be Eskimos polar bears and penguins in the oceans below would be mermaids dolphins crabs sea sponges chtulu kelp and sea sponges
Duh it's obvious your welcome

Physics "breaks down" only because we don't have the right tools yet to measure what happens under the so called absolute zero.

Scathing. Do us all a favor, and start paying attention in school when you start sixth grade in September.

I don't think that measured sun which is about 3k miles away because there is non other sun that we know. So lame that you put your anger on me because they lieed you and all of us about earth and space.

yes but when there is negative shake the temperature is negative, please look into negative energy before spouting bullshit

This premise fails to realize that there is no such thing as cold. There is merely heat and a lack of heat. A "sun made of ice" would merely be a ball of substance that was the same temperature as the surrounding environment. If the "sun made of lava" (which is completely inaccurate as suns are made of gasses, not liquids) was to be in the "-1000 degree" environment, it would already be cooling down. See, a real sun maintains heat by being in a state of nuclear fusion, not by being a hot ball of molten rock. Your analogue here would be better described as a planet and a comet.

You meen 3miles away the moon is 420feet

No like molecules literally stop moving. Temperature is a measure of molecular motion. You can't be slower than not moving. You can't go slower than zero movement.

ignoring the obvious bait of OP here for a second...
lets assume something logical instead

>our standard yellow sun
>Jupiter sized mass of frozen ultra-pure water (only h2o, nothing else)
>colliding at said sun at speed roughly the same as Earths orbital speed round our own sun.
>from Pluto's orbit

>gravitational pull of other planets does will not effect the course or destination of IJ (ice Jupiter) but will be in effect for the outcome.

1: what could be observed from earth (assuming direct Line Of Sight)
2: what effect would this have on nearby celestial objects
3: what effect would this have on the sun

underage ban 4 op

If theirs no such thing as cold how do you explain ice, Mr einstien? Also, how do you explain why it feels COLD on a COLD day. Work on your arguments a little and get back to me when you can use logic.

They would combine into a neutral star that remains in perfect thermodynamic equilibrium at a temperature of 0

Why need pay attention to false information. All world did it. I did it once and now I understand that. If someone have good education that means that they have been filled with bs. Not education makes you smart but intelligence. If you know that all of this space and earth is lies then you are smart if you still believe that earth is globe you are well educated.

My first 3 years actually. Don't be mad you fell for it. Just lurk Moar faggot

>HAH GOT EE

To anyone interested, this is a serious answer to a similar problem: what-if.xkcd.com/14/

>suns are made of gasses
Are you telling me that the earth's core is made of gasses too?
>maintains heat by being in a state of nuclear fusion
I think you mean fission because that is the source of geothermal energy.
Yes you can, wtf just move backwards.

1.a huge water ball probably bigger than our moon
2.all inner planets will be dragged with it
3.nothing but maybe some disturbance on the surface for a while

things have been made a negative kelvin temperature though. Gases have been made to have negative temperature on the kelvin scale and act like what dark energy is theorized to

I know you're just trolling but for those that really are science illiterate, moving backwards =/= negative movement

This is the post that exposes you as a troll.
2/10 made me reply.

>-1000
Lol

{citation needed}

Earth doesn't have core unless we find it. Just because we have dived 8miles it doesn't matter that we know what is inside. maybe lava is just small layer and in deeper there is something cold or something that we don't know. There isn't anything that makes gravity. Because there is no gravity.

mpg.de/research/negative-absolute-temperature

here you go you lazy piece of shit that can't use google for 4 seconds

A 0 degree obsidian sun

this meme is getting old

You are right, if the earth had gravity we would have fallen into the massive sun a long time ago.

wow, you're right

anyway, what the fuck am i supposed to put on the box?