Farscape

I'm half way through season 3 now. I can't get enough of this show it has everything that I love in science fiction

Crazy Crichton is best Crichton

youtube.com/watch?v=RndEv06h2qU

Anyway, Farscape thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-qlyqizEdlw
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1472492106832.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=MpRRB6q8hxc
youtube.com/watch?v=3eJfjlzhfs0
youtube.com/watch?v=UCNDdlCo4rA
youtube.com/watch?v=uDCUQcHuUBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just started season 1 over the weekend. I didn't have high expectations going in, but was pleasantly surprised.

I frelling love me a farscape thread

MY SIDE

YOUR SIDE

Talyn's design is awesome

2nd worst character comin' through!

HERE'S THE GOLD MEDALIST

If you're enjoying the first season you'll cream your pants in the later seasons

I like both

Stark is the worst character by far

OP here, I'm about to watch this episode next.

Stark had so much potential, I didn't mind him that much.

The only flaw with this show is that it was cancelled prematurely. It's underrated right across the board: effects, comedy, music, characters, story, even the fanbase is cool.

Hottest female aliens of all time, as well.

Y'ain't just whistlin' Dixie

>John!...

The episode in your pic is the only episode where I actually liked Stark, and it's not even really him.

He's obnoxious. To think if Ben Browder hadn't had a man-crush on the actor he never would have become a regular character. Thanks a lot Ben

youtube.com/watch?v=-qlyqizEdlw

>OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

Annnnnnnd here's the best character!

>muh 9/11

Rodmind

greatest villain in the history of television & film

prove me wrong

I need more Farscape reaction pics.

Gonna trawl Google images for gifs, I'll keep posting them here until someone objects.

>prove me wrong

sorry Scorpy I can't

Pretty decent

I use this one quite often.

>it's a Moya can't Starburst episode

>it's a no one respects Pilot episode

I like this one:
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1472492106832.webm

i hate chiana but i want to fuck her tight little bubble butt so bad

I can't find any good reaction gifs.

Pilot had a hard life

>mfw no season 5

>hating Chiana
she's a great character aside from that crap about her eyes in season 4. Silly how she went from having visions to being able to see through walls or some shit

Saved.

She could memorize shit in SLOW MO!

I never really understood it either.

After watching Farscape, Morrigan in Dragon Age isn't even Morrigan. She's just Aeryn.

In the season one episode where they land on a primitive planet that hasn't mastered space travel, how did everyone understand them when they didn't get the all language thing?

Just firefly, but more gay.

>Just firefly, but more gay.

wtf I like gay now

Farscape is shit
Babylon 5 is better its like a novel

nigga pls

OMFG THAT WAS THE BEST! His "inferior eyes" love it. It really is the show god made for humanity, with the best harem ever.

you're missing the puppet BDSM scene after.

Can we talk about the absolute fucking GOAT theme song?
youtube.com/watch?v=MpRRB6q8hxc

Seriously listen to this shit, it's so alien and opera-like, it fits perfectly.

Full Theme here dude. Well, some kind of dance remix or something, I don't know how official it is but it's hype as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=3eJfjlzhfs0

>villain
Well you're wrong right there. Scorpy was a real hero.

He was all over the map. Started off lawful evil, moved through chaotic evil, chaotic neutral, maybe as far as chaotic good... I don't even know what he was near the end.

And then there's Harvey...

I feel the same way

btw, if youre watching on netflix, the episodes in s1 are out of order

Am I the only one thats reminded of her when I see the asian drag queen on Banshee?

>this scene
>this entire episode
Jaw-dropping stuff.

I have no idea what you're talking about

Apparently that scene had to be done in one take, because they basically destroyed the set for that shot. Those people you see slipping, falling and running away from the flood didn't have to do much acting

Why is no one answering me?

this guy

the only explanation I've heard is that maybe translator microbes exist naturally on some planets, including that one

that's not maldis

How convinient, am I saying that right? convinient

Or they developed something similar independently, or a previous visitor introduced them.

I guess the writers didn't think of that plot hole, otherwise it probably would've been addressed during the episode. It's not enough to spoil the story for me though, I didn't even notice until you brought it up.

Regardless of that plot point, I really dislike the episode in question, it's more annoying than anything.

Doctor Crichton, I'm PK

Which one are you talking about? If it's the one I'm thinking of, they weren't actually from that planet originally.

The one in the first season with the woman who was obsessed with the stars and her son finds Chriton in their basement. The one with the primitives could easily be explained by the idea that translator microbes are passed into children in the womb and stay witht hem. Since the ancestors of the primitive people were part of the Hynerion empire, they would have had translator microbes already.

Not the same guy, but i think he means S1E7.

I have also just started watching it for the first time, I'm near the end of season 3, and that was the weakest episode by far, not just because of the translator microbes bullshit.

>Hooking up with that when Aeryn Sun finds you interesting

bruh

It's called I, ET and it's one of the worst episodes

This.

Season 1 Crichton had shit taste 2bh.

he hadn't melted Aeryn's ice queen exterior yet, so he went for someone who might let him fuck her

It's understandable

Aeryn had wicked manface

>that scene where aeryn finds them grinding
WEW

I think she's quite striking, not in a conventional way but attractive all the same. Plus she has the sexiest voice in the history of mankind

Did anyone else think it was weird that when that orb produced the super-evolved version of John Crichton that it spoke with a southern accent?

It's because Southerners are more evolved

youtube.com/watch?v=UCNDdlCo4rA

Why'd they name their warp speed equivalent after candy?

Didn't Farscape come before Opal Fruits changed their name?

...I checked, and no. They changed their name in '98, Farscape started in '99.

At least her character was an original one. She could be annoying as fuck but it at least made sense and was a bit of a risk for a character. Noranti--while actually more consistently entertaining IMHO--was just a mix of zhaan and stark who appeared out of literally nowhere only because the cast needed a healer/medicine woman character since zhaan and jool were both gone

They were called Starburst in the US since the 60's, and it's a US show.

Well the creator is American, and he's the one who came up with the concept

I'm pretty sure most of the people who worked on the series are Australian though, including the writing staff

>tfw if Farscape would be made today it would probably trigger a metric fuck-ton of people because it had "too many" female characters

>Farscape fan since it premiered
>Watch Fury Road
>Notice something odd
>Look it up
>Grunchlk and Noranti are Immortan Joe and the sniper grandmother from the green place

Well the female characters are actually well-written unlike most "strong woman" characters you see nowadays

Nah, penis to vagina ratio is at norm.

youtube.com/watch?v=uDCUQcHuUBs

Christopher Judge's "HAZMANA!" will never fail to make me laugh.

Aside from Ben Brewer and the Henson people, they obviously hired mostly Australian people to work on the show, but I'm pretty sure most of the creative team - who didn't need to physically be there - was still American