What kind of music do your parents and siblings listen to?

What kind of music do your parents and siblings listen to?

Mac Demarco

dad listens to basic dad rock, talking heads and adrian belew
mom listens to 60s hippie music and 90s alt, huge alanis morisette fan
brother listens to Sup Forumscore, punk, tool, best taste in my family

Sister listens to stuff such as Korn, Pantera, etc.

Brother listens to Old Hip Hop such as Mobb Deep, older Eminem, Big Pun, Fat Joe, 2Pac

Mother listens to Earth Wind and Fire, Cheap Trick, Tom Petty

Dad listens to Jim Croce, Elvis, general classic rock hits.

Me, I listen to Radiohead, Nirvana, Whitehouse, No Trend, Acid Bath, Kraftwerk, Big Black, The Cramps etc.

>Krafterk
hell yeah! My family doesn't like them because there "aren't enough words".
My sister listens to hamilton and similar shit, my parentals listen to whatever is on 104.1 wmrq

Kraftwerk is good music to do work to I found.

No siblings - Dad listens to 70s/80s dad rock and contemporary Christian. Mom doesn't listen to much music but when she does it's modern country and top 40.

My brother listens to Billy Joel all day every day.
End my life

the germans are an industrious people

Parents
>punk/hardcore punk
>country
>classic rock/dad rock

Brother
>super hardcore metal that is probably 9001 subgenres of metal but I can't tell the difference between them
>grunge
>alt rock

Ironically I worked in a factory and would make car parts while listening to "we are the robots" and boy did it get me through it. Good rhythms to work to.

Brother is into mostly neo-soul and R&B, sister is into j-pop/j-rock and a little hip-hop but will check out stuff I rec to her. Mom is into funk/soul, dad has way more music knowledge than me, listens to everything from jazz to post-punk to 60s rock, but knows more than that.

Dad
>dadrock greatest hits albums
>entry level jazz, blues, and classical
Mom
>70's/80's pop songs
>entry level jazz and classical
Brother
>various types of rock music
>hip hop

they all listen to shitty music

They don't listen to music.

Dad
>dadrock, typical stuff

Mom
>whatever is on the radio

Sister 1
>Dance music, shitty youtube-core, movie soundtracks

Sister 2
>acoustic
>pop
>general plebcore

My dad listens to angry buttrock/metal now, and it's the funniest fucking thing to me. He was pretty dadcore growing up with the 70s and 80s pop rock stuff but now he listens to the buttrock and my mom hates it now.

Dad
>Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Jeff Beck, Frank Marino, and weirdly enough St. Vincent

Mom
>The Beatles, Van Morrison, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, various things I play for her in the car including Brand New, M83, Radiohead (mainly The Bends) and Yellowcard

Middle sister
>The 1975, Arctic Monkeys, The Airborne Toxic Event, Death Cab, Muse, Coldplay, Adele, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson

Youngest sister
>Soundtracks to Disney movies, boybands probably, honestly not too sure I should ask her

You are somehow the biggest pleb in your family

I play mom shit in the car too friend. what's her favorite Beatles album?

>Dad
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
Old blues
New "blues"
>Mom
Duran Duran
Tears for Fears
Blue Rodeo
>Brother
Trap
Punk
Ska
cringy EDM subgenres like Witchhouse, psy-trance, etc
>Other brother
Bach
Pachelbel
Avenged Sevenfold
Arcade Fire

Let it Be, I think it's mostly nostalgia because she told me it's the first album she ever bought

They don't really listen to a LOT of music though. At all. If you rode in a car with them you'd disagree.

oh that's interesting, I wish you and your mother the best

That might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on Sup Forums. Same to you and your mother, kind stranger

Dad
> Southern rock
>Led Zep, Rolling Stones etc.

Mom
>Johnny Cash, Meatloaf, 80's Pop

Sister
>Lana Del Ray, Weezer, Neil Young, Sublime, Fleetwood Mac, Leonard Cohen

Mom listens to country. Not good country from way back when, but stuff like Urban. Dad listens to punk rock, primarily Dropkick Murphys. Sister listens to generic white girl trap music. Aunt listens to early-mid 2000s rock, and no idea about my grandmother.

>father
post-punk, new wave, goth rock (patrician of the house
>mother
whatever, really
>brother
stoner rock mostly

My dad listens to southern rock/roots rock. My mom listens to pop shit and so does my sister.

>dad
Beach boys, Monkees, queen, dire straits, raspberries

>mom
U2, green day

>brother
Daft punk

My mom is secretly the most patrician because I taught her how to use garageband and she sends me 10 second melodies while I'm at uni

Mom likes Motown from the 60s and 70s. Four Tops, Temptations, Smokey, etc...And some folkier rock like Jim Croce, Bob Seger, etc. She was a big Elvis fan, and had tickets to see him the week he died.

Dad likes the Motown, 60s, & 70s with some earlier 50's groups thrown in. Never cared for the Beatles. The Eagles and CCR are probably his two favorite bands.

I'm pretty thankful they exposed to me to those records as a child. I have a lot of good memories from listening to the radio with Mom and Dad. And now you made me tear up thinking about them so fuck you.

Dad listens to Zepplin and a bunch of artists he finds on NPR and CBC like benjamin clementine, as well as a lot of canadian indie rock aritsts like the rheostatics and the tragically hip

mum listens to Bruno Mars and Beyonce

Sister listens 2 taylor swift

my cat listens to the voices in his head that are constantly there

Dad
>Led Zeppelin, Ramones, Descendants, Primus, Rush, Suicidal Tendencies

Mom
>Prince, Dean Martin, Duran Duran, 80s blah

Sister
>Fleetwood Mac, Grateful Dead, Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Van Morrison, Love

I'd hangout with your sister.

>father
70s/80s hard rock and hair metal (esp AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Quiet Riot, Cheap Trick)

>mother
christian rock, country pop, mainstream 90s alt rock (stuff like Third Eye Blind), random modern pop songs

>little sister
Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, generic modern pop/country... idfk (don't pay attention cause her taste is shit)

they know better than to ask me what i'm listening to at this point. really wish i could relate to their musical tastes better but oh well

Dad
>Very eclectic taste and likes discovering new music, big fan of Bowie, Kraftwerk and Radiohead
Mom
>Just listens to what's playing on the radio, basically just pop
Brother
>Haven't had a conversation with him in years, I think he listens to rap

>Dad
literally no idea, don't think he has ever actually expressed a musical opinion other that "this sucks"
>Mom
mainstream 2000's indie + top 70's 80's 90's hits
>Older Brother
Pop punk
>Older sister
Taylor Swift.
just Taylor Swift
>Little Sister
normie rap and """pop punk"""
>Little brother
normie classic rock

>Dad
The Clash, The Jam, loads of punk/ska/reggae
>Mum
Stereophonics, Travis, Feeder, Radiohead
>Stepdad
Lots of jazz, Celtic music, classical, electronic, generally a very diverse taste, as well as classic rock like Bowie, Beatles, Floyd, Zep, etc
>Sister
Mostly top 40 pleb shit like Ed Sheeran and Little Mix, only good stuff she likes is Hunky Dory which I showed her after Bowie died

I'd unironically hangout with your dad