He watches movies made before 1970

>he watches movies made before 1970

nice epic cartoon frog, really topical and relevant

>and acts like he's patrician

What?

try watching dr.strangelove and 12 angry men. even plebs like you would enjoy them

Oldest movie I ever watched was Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
I was completely hammered so I don't remember it.

dr. Strangelove

>he thinks hes patrician
>he doesnt bring scrapbook and pen to the theatre

Hello dogfucker!

>he never watched Apocalypse Now

>she frogposts

You have to post laughing girls you dumb redditcunt

Go suck some dog dick Adam.

>1979

> he hasn't watched the masterpiece that is The Great Train Robbery

I don't think anyone here cares about Groucho Marx

>that guy that has really old movies amongst his favourites

who else re-enacted all 4 pepe faces upon seeing OP's pic?

Fucking this

Old movies are comfy.

There are some good ones that I discovered via my mom.

you always want to just pause time, slap them and return to whatever you were doing whenever you hear people say old or foriegn movies on their favourite list

keke ikr OP
>he watches black and white movies

the Sup Forums trash that infests this board doesn't even watch movies made before 2010

shut the fuck up

Am I being memed, or this an actual attitude people have? I can't set aside the possibility that Sup Forums users are this retarded nowadays.

>it's a this thread again episode
terminal plebs. I feel so bad for you all

Maybe reddit is more your speed.

Think the only film I've seen before 1970 was 12 Angry Men.

It was a good film.

>watching movies made before 1970
>watching movies made after 1972

>if you like old movies you belong on reddit
I know youre a trash troll and all but literally kill yourself and save yourself the embarrassment of the realization surrounding your pitiful existence. mention me in the note though

Actually good pre-70s films:
>Kubrick, from The Killing to 2001, minus Lolita
>Casablanca
>Citizen Kane
>50s-early 60s Hitchcock, especially Rear Window and Vertigo
>Lawrence of Arabia

I agree with some anti-oldies sentiment. The camera work and storylines were usually uninspired shit pumped out for pennies, sort of like filmed stage plays but worse. Only directors/screenwriters that were ahead of their time, or the 3-4 hour ultra-budget landmark films are worth looking at.

>Not liking any of these (incomplete list) movies
looks like youre the redditor here friend

old movies just annoy me. I do like lolita though

those movies suck

>minus Lolita

When this meme is gonna end?
Just for Peter Sellers and James Mason the movie is actually worthwhile.

All shit

what is "really old"? would Cool Hand Luke or Lawrence of Arabia be "really old"? Is the Deer Hunter "really old"? is Amadeus "really old"?

you should watch Angels with Dirty Faces (1938)

I like the sequel Angels with Filthier Souls

>watching movies made after 2000

Movies pre 70's are pure garbage srsly

>he hasnt seen Wild Strawberries and Andrei Rublev

I kinda agree. I know it's heresy but I don't really like to watch that many old movies. There's an obvious lack of quality on a technical level due to the primitive technology. Yeah sure, there's no doubt that Eisenstein and Bergman are very influential but in my opinion, their movies don't hold up. The people that tend to praise the films of Kurosawa and Welles are usually either pretending to be infatuated with them to give off the look that they're cinephiles or just take influence into account when it comes to cinema. I personally like to take an objective approach to film criticism and not take into account influence and other subjective variables.

>watching movies made before 1990

There are exceptions, but only if theyu have BluRay remasters so, you know, they are actually watchable without wanting to rip my fucking eyes out.

Honestly how can anyone watch such low quality trash in 2016 is beyond me. It might be a good movie sure, but you won't enjoy it because of the media. The best song in the world would be shit if it was recorded with a cheap mic.

>I know it's heresy

it's really not m8

>watching movies made between 1990-1998

(you)

why is Citizen Kane so highly recommended? it's a total snoozefest

i think whoever has the rights to the movie shill for it on the internet

>not watching old movies on VHS

>he doesn't

>Yeah sure, there's no doubt that Eisenstein and Bergman are very influential but in my opinion

Is this pasta? I feel like I read those exact words yesterday.

Honestly, it was me I am lazy so leik to save posts and paste them in, saves time.

>The entire bodies of work of Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, F.W. Murnau, Dziga Vertog, Ernst Lubitsch, Jean Renoir, John Ford, Powell&Pressburger, Yasujiro Ozu, Mikio Naruse, Max Ophüls, Howard Hawks and the most important films of Billy Wilder, Akira Kurosawa, Robert Bresson, Alfred Hitchcock, Federico Fellini, Michelangelo Antonioni and Luis Buñuel are not worth watching

>movies women will NEVER understand

What about 2001

>lying this much about a post outside of reddit
user, you don't even get your internet pretend points, why lie?

do you have schizophrenia or something? what are you talking about?

>they still think jim carrey is a funny comedian