STRAIN GENERAL

S3 Ep1 is out, what did you strigoi think about it?

Threadly reminder that things will blow up towards the end of the season, have patience.

Book 1 = Season 1
Book 2 = Seasons 2 and 3
Book 3 = Seasons 4 and 5

Also, you are now aware the actor portraying Setrakian was Walder Frey on GoT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJXyQWTlkQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought it was fucking awesome. Much darker and creepier than the entire second season.

The fucking spec ops team wrecking the strigoi, but then getting BTFO by the Master was awesome.

ffs finally, posted it 5 times before it worked properly

shiet. I need to finish season 2

got like 3 episodes left i think.

dis gon be gud

Duuuudeeeee get on it

Due to popular demand...

youtube.com/watch?v=aJXyQWTlkQE

Got the lyrics for that shit? I can't understand anythig Gus is saying.

Sadly no and I looked just for fun.

Some helpful user may write them for you, if you are polite enough :^)

Is Fet gonna bully Quinlan forever or is he just being tsun-tsun and will warm up to him later? If nothing else, the man has to appreciate a talent for removing strigoi fucking shits.

>strigoi fucking shits
>mfw

They will kill each other! Well no. They will become best bros for life and the banter will be hilarious. I have been waiting for this since day 1.

Character power rankings

>Best

Fet
Eichorst
Vaun
Gus
Quinlan
Setrakian
Eph
Palmer

>Worst

Eph junior by far
His mom
Nora
The hacker lesbian
The French broad
Bolivar (who has been in all episodes so far wtf)

I hope shit hits the fan soon

>Ephraim from FE

I've never seen The Strain but this intrigues the hell out of me.

Sacred Stones a best

What do you have against based Kelly you fucking pleb

Gus dies

>Gus above anyone
>Quinlan not numero uno
>Palmer last

and who the fuck is Vaun nigga? some side meme character guest star in a single episode?

>The hacker lesbian
L I T E R A L L Y forgot she even existed.

she is fucking annoying, a slut and is now a disgusting cloaka monster

He was the spec ops goy with the bolt gun.

Quinlan v1.0

post yfw Gus is feeding his mom

Any webm requests?

Fuck you

Kelly is bae

>filename

Season 2 was kinda disappointing with characters wandering around and do nothing for entire episodes, S3 seems more promising. How many books there are in the series by the way?

LOOK!

I watched the first season and like 2 episodes of the second season.

Is it worth it finishing the second season? Does the doctors kid die? Because that kid was fucking annoying.

3, read the OP nigga

Yes exactly that's a great webm of her being a cute undead waifu

Post the one where she eats the kid and his mother too

NEW YORK IS STRONK!

But otherwise it was kinda boring, Blade II tier.

Depends if you liked it or not. It gets better the more further it goes.

The kid is alive, but gets less screen time.

you are a sick man

that NY pandering in the episode kek

>NEW YAWK STRONG
>NEW YAWK STRONG
Uh, I'm trying to do something here, idiots.

Any cute guys getting eaten this season?

Le bump

It was subpar at best. All the Eph scenes are fucking shit and have no forward momentum, and he's the main character. Fet scenes were okay but they were somewhat generic and ended right at the best part, when based Eichhorst appeared. I hope Setrakian does something soon and doesn't spend half the season "planning".

I read the book a looong time ago, but from I can remember the last episodes of the season will be crazy

not shitty characters left to take away attention, stupid hacker annoying doctor whatever

THIS SHOW IS FUCKING SHIT

that new guy is way to good/human looking for being an ancient strigoi. why did they think a recast is a good idea?

See you next week!

>>THIS SHOW IS FUCKING FUNNY SHIT
ftfy

Word

Lel, saved

Agreed. Sup Forums made me waste a few hours of my life yet again.

user no! come back to us

torrent where

It's too late for that you tasteless bastards.

>Also, you are now aware the actor portraying Setrakian was Walder Frey on GoT.
>now
Tripfag, please.

on torrent sites

which ones. can't find one.

piratebay

nah.
shit all around.
got one though.

see thats why I deadlift

so if that shit ever happens to me I can deadlift that shit kaputt

I miss him. I like him far more

more fights with soldiers plz, that was legit awesome

unlike walking dead and the other one where the fall of literally skipped and we didn't see shit

So how will the fall happen since it's changing from the book?

i deadlift and squat so i can get a super butt.

Though your reasoning is sound, too.

enjoy messing up your back and knees, my future invalid friend

yes but will my ass look amazing?

Probably in a similar way.

- Master gets access to nukes
- launches at Russia and China, they respond in kind
- India and Pakistan launch at each other, Israel obliterates the Middle East, etc.

>nuclear winter
>no sun
>strigoi fucking shits can now come out in the open during the day
>rapidly expanding and killing/turning whatever humans are left

sure, but only the wheelchair will know it

can you spoil the end of the book/series? this doesn't sound like there is any way humans can survive or win with that outcome.

then it's worth it.

>enjoy messing up your back and knees, my future invalid friend
Lmao, confirmed for curlbro.

oops wrong webm

holy shit are you dyels retarded

Why Ehp and friends only eat spaghetti and eggs?

Fine, are you sure tho? It will really spoil the next three years.

SPOILERS I AM NOT FUCKING KIDDING

strigoi control what's left of society, everyone capable of opposing the Master was killed, humans are slaves, the infirm are put in blood banks
only our heroes are left as the resistance
The Master adopted Zach (Eph's son) and prepares him to be his next vessel
the book is finally translated (lel) and they find the bithplace of the Master which was somewhere in Lake Ontario
they use a nuke to sterilize it eradicate the Master's STRAIN out of existence, all strigoi on the planet instantly die
Eph, Zach (who betrays the Master at the last moment) Quinlan die
Fet lives and marries Nora (who is now dead in the show, so some of the character deaths might change)
Quinlan reads the book as well and brings back the ashes of all other Ancients to the lake, thus after the nuke the angel that gave birth to the strigoi is made whole and his angel brothers descent from heaven to take him back

I fucking love Eko's Strain threads, very comfy.

thanks dude, and ah man that is bleak af

though i suppose there are some semblance of hope in that ending.

my jimmies are rustled that Nora died while Dutch gets to live

Very bleak, not sure if they will go with that route fully in the show. I reckon they will tone it just a bit.

I mean there are very few humans left after the nukes, sickness and death are everyday things, even with the strigoi fucking shits eradicated, the Earth is a mess

Oh and Dutch is not in the novels, she was made for the show top kek

yeah that's what i'm a bit sad about, that even if strigoi are wiped out, isn;t the planet basically fucked? maybe the show will try for a more uplifting ending.

and fuck, yeah my friend told me that, made Nora's death even more infuriating for me

not that user, but are you saying you find her attractive? she had awful character, a neurotic cunt with the only redeeming quality her flabby ass

Haha shit, that's sounds crazy but it's probably going to be different, I don't see how they could do that on tv. Not only because of the budget, but also the nuke and angel thing, it would probably be ridiculous. Hasn't this been made into a comic book ? Did the angels have wings ?

I've always liked the actress and I think she got better as a character as the show went on. I get why others might not like her, but I did, is all.

See for yourself

literally fucking butterfly wings... but looks strangely fitting

thing i hate about the show is that it tries to be grounded in science with the whole worms infecting people and changing their biology over time. Ephram trying to understand the process like a disease and then finally developing a virus that kills the infected. All the Strigoi seem pretty grounded in reality.

Then you have Eichhorst and the Master who move like fucking Neo.

makes him more scary desu

got damn

(book spoilers) how are they going to get eph and the others to do blood farm thing? wasnt saving nora their biggest motivation for going iirc? its really weird to me that they killed her considering her and her moms plotline took up a pretty big chunk of the last book?

i wonder if the actress decided to leave? it's a pretty huge change yeah...i'm surprised that Dutch, who seemed to be red flagged for fodder got to stick around longer

One of the crew will get taken, prolly Gus

It seems to be a really intentional subtext of the show that science triumphs over faith, until it doesn't anymore.

its kind of sad that the strain is literally the best thing currently on tv

Needs more Nazi flashbacks

Dark Matter tho

i tried watching s1 of dark matter and i wanted to vomit out of my eyeballs

the expanse is the only sci fi worth a shit since battlestar galactica

Cinematography on this episode was fucking amazing, I mean the episode was from the point of visual storytelling brilliant, can't complain at all. Absolutely loved all the thermal vision bits and color plays (based Del Toro).

One of the most visually fun episodes of any TV-show ever I've seen.

the thermal vision bits reminded me of the batman video games

the expanse is damn good if you like scifi

Why is the master able to move around fast but the other ancients aren't? Only seen them awake once to feed on a human and even then they looked weak