Why did Mike discontinue Plinkett? It's the closest he's ever gotten to true kino

Why did Mike discontinue Plinkett? It's the closest he's ever gotten to true kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZM6OGk22bA&t=37s
youtube.com/watch?v=4sU7bsDhgxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There will be Plinkett reviews of Episode 7 and Star Trek Beyond.

Because he knew the titanic review was a noticeable drop off in quality and he wanted to stop it before his lack of inspiration and material ruined it. So in other words, he actually learned from lucas's mistakes

>tfw anons that beg for new Plinkett reviews don't realize that they're the same type of person Plinkett was talking about at the end of the Indiana Jones review

Is Wizard "our guy"?

Jay and the gang is holding him back from his true potential

>it's a beardfat explains the plot to a movie episode

Eliminating the jews?

I like Mike.

Nah Jack is

He is the alpha of the group

>in another universe, mike ran plinkett into the ground and made a shitton of garbage merch to cash-in until everyone hated it, just like lucas
>time is a flat circle

no

There are plenty of horrible pop nerd movies to pick apart and poke fun at. Are you seriously telling me Half in the Bag or Best of the Worst haven't gotten stale, uninspired and boring? The usual Plinkett format style video is great.

>Are you seriously telling me Half in the Bag or Best of the Worst haven't gotten stale, uninspired and boring?
Not in the same way endless Plinkett reviews would. Plinkett is essentially a gimmick. When they talk about movies on Half in the Bag or Best of the Worst, they're just being genuine and having a discussion. It's like a podcast.

"wizard" aka numale sorceror is sjw-lite
i'm amazed he hangs around with such a problematic crew
go read wizard's twitter

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZM6OGk22bA&t=37s

Mike claimed over 2 years ago to be working on a review. Since then he has collected over $200,000 in patreon funds, and still no Plinkett.

>Since then he has collected over $200,000 in patreon funds, and still no Plinkett.
What do Patreon funds have to do with it? Nowhere on their Patreon does it guarantee a new Plinkett review if they hit a certain goal. Plus they're actively working on a new review right now anyway.

>$200,000
they're actually making negative money if you break it down

He LITERALLY SAID IN THE VIDEO I LINKED THAT PATREON DOLLARS WOULD:

"make it faster, especially my reviews!"

And yet this is the longest gap between reviews since he started. It's like every lazy fuck who realizes they can scam their autistic fans out of money. As Patreon bucks go up, content actually goes down.

>they're actually making negative money if you break it down
Dat autism

he didn't

rich has confirmed several times that mike is actually working on a plinkett review, and that he even had to help on a few things for the review

>it's a user that has never contributed a penny to RLM complains about what they do with the money that other people voluntarily donate to them episode

>this is the longest gap between reviews since he started
It's almost like they've branched out and have focused on a variety of other projects to add longevity to their brand. Plinkett has literally never been RLM's main focus, before the Plinkett reviews went viral and especially now.

I can't believe there are still people like you desu, just desperately clinging onto a dead format that RLM themselves have grown past.

he doesnet owe you jack's shit

>dat entitlement

All their stuff is reviews.

Their genuine opinions are less entertaining than Mike's exaggerated Plinkett act. I think many people enjoyed him for his crude and nitpicky behavior, despite being an act. I'm not asking for a weekly Plinkett video, but maybe a video every year would be nice. There's oh so much good stuff he could review.

>it's dead
>talk about it in their video begging for money

HINT: If you're going to so obviously shill, try to mix it up a little bit. In no part of my post did I say anything about them "owing" me anything. But you see my dear autistic friend, it is completely legitimate to criticize something you don't have a financial incentive in.

But since I will now be overwhelmed by even more deployed shills this must be my last post.

>Watch their Stranger Things review
>In one part of the video they tell part of the audience that hasn't watched it to go away since they'd be talking about spoilers up until the end
>At the end they give their recommendations
So who were they recommending it to? People who have already watched it?
They told the other group to leave already.

Clearly plenty of people like all their other content. Basically what you're saying is
>I don't understand why Mike doesn't focus on what I personally want him to make instead of what he would prefer to do

>ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ME IS OBVIOUSLY A SHILL

Most artists should be starving. If they're content and complacent they have less drive and motivation to create great works of art.

Mike is essentially phoning it in with cheap videos of *essentially* he and 1-3 other people acting normal and cracking lousy jokes and drinking beer while sitting down. That's it.

Plinkett was born when Mike was desperate and hungry, his monthly Patreon income was $0.00. He said they were hard and time consuming to make. Would he have bothered making Plinkett in the first place if he was receiving e-welfare?

I think not.

The recommendation is just a formality they do at the end of all their reviews. The actual discussion is the important part. That's why the people that base their feelings on RLM solely on whether or not they "recommend" a movie are retards.

>I don't understand why Mike doesn't focus on a successful and popular video series that helped kickstart his career on youtube

Enjoy your shift at Taco Bell, poorfag.

Mike wants to keep the quality high. He won't churn them out just because you want him to.

then explain the Titanic review

This. Did you not watch the teaser?

youtube.com/watch?v=4sU7bsDhgxU

I know you're clinging to the Plinkett reviews, but they're no more successful or popular than the rest of their stuff now. The Star Wars reviews went viral, but that time has long past. A regular episode of Half in the Bag or Best of the Worst gets just as many views/fanfare than any recent Plinkett related video, including the announcement of a new Plinkett review. Some of their regular episodes get even more views. My point is that RLM have access to their analytics and probably have a better grasp on what's popular and pulling in views than you do. You just WANT more Plinkett.

The titanic review was fine and better than the Indiana Jones review. It was also a great overview of James Cameron's work in general.

Titanic review was fine. It was also a great example of why he doesn't make more Plinkett reviews.

I didn't say he had restraint from the start.

>Star Trek Beyond
if he skips Into the Darkness i will withdraw my $2 Patreon donation forthwith

consider that a threat, RLM

Deep down, he knows the Plinket reviews are responsible for the humdrum formulaic remake that was TFA. Mike is ashamed.

Can you imagine if you their were a Plinkett for every Matrix movie or new star treck movie? Shit would get stale fast. But a Plinkett force awakens review will going instantly viral. He probably wanted to hold off doing another review until he had something worthwhile to talk about. He finally has it with a new star wars movie.

>ywn get fucked by young Mike
>tfw current Mike probably can't even get it fully hard

>He probably wanted to hold off doing another review until he had something worthwhile to talk about. He finally has it with a new star wars movie.
This is exactly what all the faggots that think he should review The Matrix sequels, The Hobbit trilogy, etc seem to be missing. Mike's not going to make a Plinkett review for every movie that YOU felt was a disappointment. He's going to make one for something that HE has things to say about.

I think they're waiting for the one year anniversary of TFA's release.

My body would be ready.