>my Facebook posts
>my social media accounts
>the one time I was in the news
I promptly deleted my shit

WHO /UNIQUENAME/ HERE???

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I did this once and a bunch of shit came up. Freaked me the fuck out. Immediately removed my name from the url of my facebook, deleted fuck tons of accounts, now, when you search me nothing related to me comes up, except a 48x48 thumbnail from some jokers Google+ because he has me in his circles.

Not a unique name though.

>high school football team
Same here. Googled my name I was shocked to see my old Calvin Klein modeling portfolio, divorce paper with my ex who has a PhD in Quantum Physics and happens to work for NASA . Even more embarassing was the car accident history of my NIssan GTR. I hate the internet so much

google my name, literaly 0. nothing. i have no facebook etc. i am not tagged on any photo from high school as far as i know etcc

>Google my name
>LinkedIn and my bachelor's thesis

Oh no.

I would NEVER google my own name and NEVER google the name of my ex-girlfriends.

Too afraid of what I could find...

>google my name
>my father's criminal mugshots come up

sucks being a jr.

>search my name
>nothing
mostly white dudes and a few blacks and NBA players for some reason.

Am pajeet. Have common name. Am google proof.
Also, my digital persoanl footprint is very small. Relaized I needed to be low key
Only downside is that I get spamed a lot and Indian fucks keep trying to take over my gmail account as I have the original name

I don't do anything in real life, know anyone in real life or have any social media so have no presence online

Does your dad work for Nintendo?

>google my name
>nothing about me comes up
>a guy with a very similar name comes up
My name is extremely unique too.
I could post my name and you'd probably never find any trace of me online. You'd just see some old ugly fuck.

I google imaged myself and within the first few rows a m4 tank shows up

>tfw you have a Facebook
>tfw you haven't used it in 3 years

>google my name
>distant relative with the same name as me comes up
>his facebook and all that shit

>meanwhile the only result for me is of a prize i won in high school for a work project I did

I guess it's not that bad.

>having social media accounts

lel, just get the fuck out of here. This clearly isn't the place for you, dick-licker.

>tfw last name is extremely common

google gives me nothing about me, though I don't have any social media anyway.

>google name
>it's just a bunch of tweekers in prison clothing
>another is a doctor and country singer
I must bring honor to my name

>google my name
>link to my bank account pops up
>pay denbts Kostas

Would that old ugly fuck happen to be you/

>tfw there is no trace of my existence anywhere on the internet

You sound like a normie, how did you end up here?

When I google my name there really is almost nothing to find about me, but I recently googled my email address and holy shit, there are hundreds of results. Traces everywhere, even stuff I'd find really embarrassing if people found out. Does anyone know how to get rid of some of the traces you have left behind? I'm especially worried, because I used the same email & password combinations on several sites and I want to fix that shit now.

>google name
Just news articles on physics awards, math awards, debate awards, and other academic achievements

Someone lives in my city with my same first and last name. He's like four years older than me.

I try to stay off the Internet. Thing is, those goddamn people finding websites have me on there. I try to delete my information from them, and before I know it I am right back up on it again. I don't think it's possible to stay off those.

Now there is.

Tyrese Biggums here, life is suffering

>google my name
>it corrects me

Thank god. Besides, you can click on kikebook for your personal information not to come up in searches. No idea about other things.

>tfw you have the same ****exact**** name as some famous git
>tfw your name is generic enough that even emails you have used have doppelgangers everywhere to dilute the trace

feels good to be the proverbial unknown unknown

Post surname friend

i scrubbed everything from the internet a couple years ago pertaining to my real name

Nice

>tfw name so common you couldn't even find me with a zip code added

I have four mugshots

>scrubbed
>from the internet
Hahah, look at this fag. Just because it does not show up at page one in google does not mean it disapeared.

I type in my name and get a bunch of chav looking brats in the UK.

>google one of my usernames that I used to use everywhere
>a bunch of old forum accounts, nothing embarrassing
>next page
>dozens of reviews for foot masseuses

It wasn't me, but fuck me if they don't know about my foot fetish.

/uniquename/ here. I didn't get Internet until I was 14 so all my usernames were FirstNameLastName until I was like 23. Got into it with this gurl online who kept posting pictures of me on her FB. Cut ties, deleted everything, asked Google to removed dead links, the works.

It's not just search results, check out White Pages or other collection information collection sites that sell your data. My address, phone, siblings are still listed there and they ask you to send in ID just to get it removed. On top of that, they also get the info off your friends who sync their info to social media so they can "easily find friends". So if you have enough people who label you by your name, they can create a profile with your phone number, email, etc.

>google my name
>no pics of me, just pics of random kids
>my name is not mentioned in any media
>no nothing

It's like i never existed. Feels weird man

I have two but they are unfindable and I've spent hours and hours looking for them

Checked my local whitepages, only my uncle and his ex-wife come up when you search my last name.

Just checked White Pages again. They literally have info on everyone in my house, neat categorized info about my neighbors. Google Maps showing my exact house. If I was a stalker, this site's premium services would put me in heaven.

>Google name
>hundred plus people with my name on Facebook alone
I had no idea my name was so common.

I'm only online with my name written on my mothers obituary

I've got an old twitter account from 2009 that i have no longer access to that links my old username i used for everything to my real name. I've tried so hard to remove it but twitter won't. :(

I-I'm afraid of doing it

Ok Ahmed.

First and only result for my name is my MsC thesis.

>Google my name
>nothing
>Google my name and town
>a newspaper article about some art thing I took pictures for in high school
>even searched online aliases to see if they link back to my name
>nothing

You kids suck at keeping your information private, no wonder you get fired for saying nigger all the time

Well at least you don't share your damn name with a Registered Sex Offender.

>mfw I have the same name as a christian African man

>google name
>criminal record long af
>degenerate dating sites
>gaming accounts
>entire blogs of drunk rambling about my ex girlfriend
>pictures of me partying
>strippers
>liquor bottles
>drugs

Kill me now.
Is there a way to get rid of this shit?

>unique name
>google it
>only work-related shit comes up because i'm not a total dumbass

I wasen't in the mess that you are in but i had a lot of embrassining shit. Just delete your accounts on those websites and if you can't request to the website to delete your account and change your allias username for future.

At the very least my recent exploit-ables are turning out to be more professional looking so there is a sign that I'm turning my shit around in a big way.

If I search for my nicks I find some slashdot posts, and irc logs from years ago.
But nothing that links to me as far as I can tell.
I'm thinking of getting new online identities.
I've been using these for 10 years now.

Create fake profiles in your name and lpta of different spcial media sites that you cultivate with pictures of other people, so that when you search your unique name, it is overwhelmed by pictures of other people and fake profiles of people other than you that you can disappear into.

I don't engage in social activities so there are is nothing about me in the internet.

>googled my name
>fat scientist and bunch of Chad looking dudes
>I finally found myself on page 31

Kind of.

You need to change your goybook settings to private & only use other social media sites as sock puppet accounts

My name is common over in quebec, no worries here

Some famous guy in a southern state has my name and has a stadium built in his name. I'm safe.

>used to think unique names were cool
>now hate the fact that I have one
>have to constantly take caution with public facing websites so im not insta-googled
>normies with common names can just fuck around posting their real identity everywhere without a care in the world

Its not right

10 Years ago when i was a kid i use to post my shit everywhere, took me years to clean most of that shit of the net, and there is still stuff floating around, just because i have a unique name :(

Never use real name online if you can avoid it.

One of the good things that came with the EU:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

Why do people do this?
I first went online in 1998.
I was around 13 at the time.
Every single account I made used a fake name, email, and address.
Maybe it's because I grew up in a third world country where we pirated every single piece of software?
Or maybe I was just more paranoid than the average kid.

I was born in 1994, when i first used the internet i didn't know better.

When/if i have children I'll make sure they use a different last name online since mine is super unique.

its harder these days with shipping and/or payment.
Some websites expect your name to match.
Luckily i havent noticed anything leaking beyond the private interface but its always a risk.

Ive kept real identity off social media. Seriously considering just changing my name one day to something that has millions of facebook accounts.

It sucks that many of the online email places like google, windows mail, yahoo etc now require a phone number to create accounts.
I'm thinking of getting a burner phone just to make new accounts.
Never thought I would have to go to this level of paranoia.

Changing your name is very annoying to do. Most likely nothing bad will occur from your name being everywhere, it's just a risk.

This is true.
I kind of assume that shopping websites will be at least somewhat careful with user info.
Although they can be hacked etc.
When there is money involved it's hard to use fake name/email/address.
The good thing is that those accounts usually aren't used for or tied to social media.

For Google they're secure, so your shit won't leak.

I couldn't care if Google has my number, they have their OS on my phone, they can get my number if they wanted too.

As far as google and the NSA, anyone who uses the internet in a normal manner is pretty much fucked.

Have to go off grid if you dont want them knowing who you are.

Of course the plebs are fine giving away all their liberties. They are going to be in for a rude awakening if some dictator gets in charge and decides to start selectively exterminating people using databases and other intelligence toys.

I'm quite worried about the future of the internet.

I'm worried it will end up being a all Google monopoly, or a Google, Facebook oligopoly, or something like that.

Approx. 2003 I began regular, aggressive searches for myself. My name is, literally, unique on a planet of almost 8 billion humans. I've never run across an occurrence of my name, or even a similar one, in all of human history.

About twice a year I find what I can, and then (in most cases) contact the various websites and get references about me scrubbed. I leave a few in place that represent some of my professional work (I'm cited as a participant & research associate on several scientific research papers, for example).

Also, when I see incorrect information about me, I take notes and often leave it in place, then use the incorrect info to reseed it and pollute the data stream on me. My actual age is now a range of possibilities that cover about 7 years, there are old phone numbers & addresses that were never true, and I leave them be & reuse them as appropriate.

13 years I've been at it. There are no social media hits for my real name now. No facepage, google+, twatter, geocities, etc. etc. Even wiped my Deviant Art page from the Internet; now only one with an alias is remaining. No high school info is generally available, you need unusual access to turn that shit up any more. I had several meetings with my high school administration (and university) to accomplish that. All I had to do was show them how unique my name was and the dangerous shit associated with it, then told them about liability and the impending lawsuits. Shit got cleaned up fast.

It's a lifetime project, but at least I'm pretty much on top of it now. All the old references from the beginnings of the Internet are gone, even old usenet posts that haunted me for years. These days I only have to get one or two references removed per year that I don't want out there.

People used to call me crazy. They are usually people with names like John Smith who have never been stalked and unable to hide from people who are actively trying to harm you. Last few years now, folks call me a prophet.

>tfw literally the only person on the planet with my full name other than my grandpa

I fucking hate it

Have you got any experience in taking down old twitter profiles you can't get into? I've had a really old one floating around that connect my alias with my real name and i want it gone but can't get it removed.

Got any tips?

>google name
>link to my results at national exams in 9th and 12th grade
>that's it
Bretty gud.

If microsoft, google, facebook and apple were to merge, it would pretty much be the NWO, at least in English speaking countries.

>google account
>whitepages listing
That's it. Whitepages listing is enough to find my address and several people in my family though.

I tried that. Some sites still come up on a google search even after you change your user name. I haven't used the sites in years but a couple are embarrassing. Also Youtube doesn't let you change your username without deleting the whole account. I just want to change the username so it doesn't come up in a search.

>technologyfags will defend this

It's funny, people who spend more time outside have a bigger presence online than those that live online.

In my experience it takes about one month for that shit to get off Google. If it takes more than that then idk wtf is going on.

Can't help with twitter. That came along after I'd already figured out how fucking stupid and dangerous the whole social media thing is, so I never even started that. I only check it now to make sure nobody is impersonating me. And, yeah, there is one douchebag who has been doing shit like that to me for years now.

Generally, my experiences have been with Facebook, and (again) my experience isn't up-to-date. During one of their many policy updates, back in 2009/2010 I decided I no longer agreed with the Terms Of Service. So, I spent about two years regularly contacting them and telling them to fucking delete my info. There were several lawsuits in my favor, and I cited them, where DELETE fucking means DELETE. And, Facebook lost several of those lawsuits (especially in Europe) where they tried to retain data on former users, and they lost International court cases for invasion of privacy.

- read the TOS carefully and in full detail.

- when making a new account, MAKE COPIES of all the rules, FAQs, TOS in effect the day you sign up, and make sure you understand them.

- when TOS changes, you can (often) use that as leverage to opt out of the entire service

- NEVER lose your access to accounts you create; always maintain valid emails & login requirements

- when signing up, always use absolute minimum info required, pollute it as much as you can (I use several fake birth dates, record which ones for which accounts, and often use only my initials for my name, as examples)

When getting rid of old accounts, first log in and remove everything you have access to. Change info to invalid & polluted data as much as possible. WAIT 6-8 weeks for it to migrate through all their databases.

THEN delete the account. Keep info on the account, because you will probably have to contact the site directly several times to make them delete everything that persists.

Stay polite. You get more cooperation. Lie: tell them you are being stalked. Mention liability. A lot.

Okay thanks for that, just wrote a email to twitter with those tips just then. I've emailed them about a dozen times saying other shit but i reckon the stalking thing will work.

>Google name
>Hockey players, businessmen, and literally who's
>Not a single picture of myself
F-Fuck yeah...

fuck was meant for

I changed the username 3 years ago at least but the posts on those sites still come up when you search the old username. The new username will show but it's cached somehow by the sites and Google to show up in searches of the old user name. There's no way to delete all the posts. I don't care but I was stalked a few years ago.

Luck to you, mate.

Have patience. You may have to keep at it for a year or so, but play it smart & cool. Eventually you should be able to get most (and maybe all) of it cleaned.

Put back a pint or two once a month and spend a couple hours getting creative with searches. Consider it an investment.

Over time you'll find all the sites that have any of the info mirrored. Methodically copy. bookmark, and then contact the sites and give them whatever sad story about your stalker you develop. Get creative, but don't get too cute. Keep it real.

In my case (which happens to be true), I live in the U.S. and the guy harassing me lives in Europe. That helps a lot because he moves around and uses proxies, so I don't have to get into details about which provider or IP he uses. I just tell whoever I need to that he's a former business partner who is trying to damage me out of malice & bad blood, and then demonstrate just how unique my name is and how damaging it is. I almost always get sympathy & cooperation.

Also, I'm lucky in that I managed to get most of the heavy lifting done during & before 2010. It's more of a maintenance project these days, which I'm thankful for. The Internet & social media cancer since 2010 have really grown about two magnitudes worse than they ever were prior to that.

>look up my gamer tag
I promptly deleted everything. EVERYTHING

>popular social media platform in my high school was bebo
>won lots of awards in high school but the newspaper it was reported in is too small to be relevant in search results
>only thing that's up there now is my token, unused, Facebook account and professional stuff
>all of my degenerate bullshit has been on Sup Forums since 2008
>on other websites I used false names

Pfffft this faggot doesn't even work for Wendy's.

>have unique name
>google myself occasionally
>nothing

You can find more about me with my handle than with my name desu

>mfw there are 5 people in this country with the same name as me

I couldnt find a single thing about me after googling my name and looking through 5 pages

>google my name
>its a prisoners in arizona federal penetentiary

this is mostly me being paranoid, but say your OS or device or software or search engine or whatever is the most popular, and with people being increasingly irresponsible with their personal info, wouldn't politics be really easy for you? say google drops all the shit it has on Trump (there must be some), wouldn't the general public favour shift to other candidates?
Like I genuinly believe information is the biggest power a person can obtain, long past money.
Whoever has a monopoly on information, as long as people give a shit about strangers, will rule society.
>inb4 bait

also,
>inb4 sweeden YES
my carrier is swedish, im lithuanian

Me. I saw some shit come up for some videogame charter i signed back in the day
when I was applying for jobs.
They had no option or contact to remove your name so I used the tool at the bottom of
the search page to highlight and tell them that and it no longer comes up.