How long would someone remain conscious after being instantly/cleanly beheaded?

How long would someone remain conscious after being instantly/cleanly beheaded?
>use pic as reference

IL chop ur head off n you tell me. How fucked up would it be thou to be conscious as just a head.

I'm just wondering how long it would last

I heard up to 45-90 seconds

Pretty fucked if you only feel pain
Sounds short

Actually it's pretty long

I can't find it anywhere but i know there was a scientist who attempted research on this subject.

When he was near death he had his assistant remove his head with a guillotine and in a pre arranged set of rules the scientist said he would keep blinking as long as he could and i believe it was recorded he kept blinking for almost 10 seconds

Ask Google

cute girl

I read a few weeks ago it was fully conscious for about 3-5 seconds. Forgot where I seen it, too lazy to find it. I thought it would have been longer.

Doesn't seem like a reliable way of testing
That's very short

It was Antoone Lavoisier. A chemist who helped lay the groundwork for modern chemistry (I think he discovered oxygen). He got into trouble with the French revolutionary government and they sentenced him to death. He decided that this experiment would be his last and he conducted it while he was being decapitated.

The massive drop in blood pressure means you would at least lose consciousness within seconds. Actual death probably would take a minute or two, but since we don't have a cure for decapitation (yet) it's a bit of a moot point.

Any more information on it?

We need "volunteers"

Yeah, the blackout from blood loss would occur just after you noticed the absurb pain of having your spine cleaved.

Quick death? Sure
Painless? Probably not so much

What if the drop in pressure was eliminated

some people experince phantom pains when they lose a limb

do you think the same would occur for your body, like the few seconds you are alive you would still think its there

Hey, I was wondering when you'd come back. Post more pictures?

how?

also, what if the blood loss was eliminated? how about eliminating the lack of oxygen and other nutrients? your question is dumb.

Possibly until the head is shown the body

Pump fresh blood into the head

Brain activity continues for at least 8 mins if not 13+

Look up medieval times, the execution machine(can't remember what it was called), and what they discovered when they used to for beheading people. Answer.

Missed you. Any more exposed plump pale thighs?

The guillotine?

Brain activity is not the same as being conscious though.

Theoretically you could keep a head alive permanently if supplied it with oxygenated blood and nutrients.
Theoretically.
It would also have to be done in a laboratory, no way it'd work on a random decapitation as it's take too long to hook up all the equipment.

I has hinting at the tubes beig set up and pumping before the blade drops

I bet you make all your friends jealous because of how pretty you are. Post more pictures? Maybe new ones?