So I think I've figured out why everyone likes Rick and morty. >The show is written to make stupid people feel smart

>So I think I've figured out why everyone likes Rick and morty. >The show is written to make stupid people feel smart.
Explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XMHMHqCYvZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like it cause it's funny sometimes

If you dislike the show, just admit, there doesn't have to be a good reason behind anything you dislike you know.

Several plots at the same time, funny story and dialogue, really obscure references... I don't think you've figured it out

Does holding this opinion and making this post make you feel smart OP?

yeah you're right OP, I'm a undercover retard who thinks by watching this show will get me through school.

Well it's kinda one of those shows that say random sciency things and also random cynical shit that any 17 year old girl would agree with like that line everyone likes to quote "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, come watch TV". That being said I fucking love this show, it's genuinely smart and funny and if you're actually into science it works on that level. But you know, it's kinda like with any sciency comedy show that's really big. Anything smart they come up with they usually gotta dumb down and explain in a really obvious way so that it doesn't go over everyones heads. Futurama kinda does that. Mostly tho this guy sounds like he's jealous and bitchy, and is probably actually your wife or something

Does someone not liking a show trigger you user?

I haven't watched anything beyond the first season. Nothing against the show. I just don't watch much t.v.

I liked it though.
Good laughs and occasionally some relatable feels. I never felt smart watching it though.

No, you are thinking of Sherlock. Rick and Morty is more like a smart furturama if nothing else.

I would say futurama is a way smarter Rick and morty

God fucking forbid a cartoon not be making ACTUALLY intelligent philosophical discourse happen in the middle of all their dick shaped aliens and mind-numbing but occasionally enjoyable sitcom parodying

Nah I'm an engineer and I love this shit. I've been a rick my whole life, fuck you plebs. You see? I can relate and I hate almost everybody.

Please don't tell me that you think Futurama is a scientific show in any way. I don't usually post and I will not be checking for a response, but I just wanted to let you know how disappointed I am in you

you're complaining because a cartoon is shallow op, that is the most shallow and uninsightful commentary on Sup Forums right now and I might almost mean that

It's a fucking cartoon, since when are cartoons supposed to make you think logically and critically about what's going on? What's that you say, never?
Right, because cartoons are strictly for entertainment purposes. The face you're actually trying to draw a deeper meaning from a silly cartoon makes you very autistic.

>ohhhh gez Rick I don't know about this
>it's (burp) gonna be ok morty I'm just gonna (burp) stick my cock in your ass
>(starts slowly inserting into mortys ass)
>ohhhh Rick that feels soooo right
>just hold still morty I gotta (burp) use the cock enlarging ray
>(Ricks dick grows 5 times the size)
>ohhhhhh Rick pull it out it it it's way too big
>sorry (burp) morty your just going to have to deal with it
>(Rick vigorously shoves his dick in and out of morty for a solid 30 minutes)
>(morty is groaning throughout the entire time)
>I'm cumming (burp) morty
>(suddenly an gallon of Ricks love juice spills inside mortys ass)
>oh that that was real good Rick
>no problem kiddo
>(morty spends the rest of the day eating Ricks cum off the floor)

No.

The show is popular because it hinges on a woman whose career is a disappointment to her dad (whom she tries to impress); a husband who's a failure as a man despite his attempt at a model fatherhood figure. A young lady who couldn't be more cliché, a boy whose only good friend is his grandpa, and Rick - an unappreciated genius, alone in his world, too old to give a flying fuck about anything other than having a good time.

It's dysfunctional at best, related to the audience on multiple levels, and at times hits close to home. I.e.: Rick tries to kill himself after fucking up his relationship with someone he cared for; morty is going through puberty and the family knows how awkward that is. The daughter falls for a total douchebag. The wife brags about her nonimpressive career, and Jerry is a dumb shit, but still holds a position of superiority over Rick.

It has no scientific basis, it's not brainy and not smart. Just entertaining.

People just don't like cynicality in a show, but this show has to be enjoyed by the masses. I just loved to watch the Rick drunk. I really didn't like it besides that, most shows like this are kinda bland but sometimes entertaining.

Rick doesnt care for appreciating.

GFO driven by jews and thinking the world is still beautiful.

>makes everyone feel smarter
Me doth think that you're a fucking retard OP.

Look where the show came from and tell me how anyone is supposed to feel smart watching it?

youtube.com/watch?v=XMHMHqCYvZ8

OP, you're correct. Although R&M was not intentionally created to make stupid people feel smart, it is an actual unanticipated consequence.

He's not commenting on the show more than he is the fans. So yes, yes it does. You massive fucking faggot.

It really isn't written like that. There is almost no science talk, no formulas, and no cutting edge tech. It's just a sometimes funny show based in a world of science. Literally nothing about it is trying to be smart.

>smart futurama
LOL, literally the exact opposite.

>Please don't tell me that you think Futurama is a scientific show in any way
Please don't tell me that you think any comedy show is a scientific show in any way, you snarky moron. In fact I actually kinda hate you just for trying to rate cartoons on how scientific they are you son of a bitch

I think it's an alright show, but already in season 2 the writers are getting lazy. The second inderdimensional cable (or whatever the fuck they called it) felt a lot like the third Family Guy Star Wars movie. Where the characters broke the fourth wall just to call their fans assholes for wanting them to finish what they started, only in this case it was probably the producers telling them they should have one of those each season. If they don't get their shit together the show is going to end at season 4.