Millennial Thread

Who here that was born between the years of 1980-2000 actually have a good job, a nice place to stay at, and have your life relatively together?

I see threads every day that bash on the new generation of normies but I bet that most of us here are pretty well off. Doesn't mean you like what you are doing or where you are in life but at least you know you aren't degenerate. It just seems to me that the more and more of my generation I get to know for the most part they are doing just fine.

ITT: how are you doing with your life senpai?

1981 here

>good job

business owner

>nice place to stay

yah, house, rented

>life relatively together

married w/ children

I approve of this thread

1990 here, I was doing pretty well until I got laid off. Was making a lot of money.

Now I'm back in school and pleb tier again ;_;

I think my life will be in pretty good shape 3-5 years from now. But until then it's going to be ramen noodle-tier. Working on getting some certifications this summer so we'll see how that plays out. Wish me luck bros.

Millennial here
>40k student loans
>live with parents
>in between jobs
>will never get married
>will never have kids
>all hope is lost
>accounting major

1998' here

I'm fucked

How are you in accounting and without a job? That's literally like guaranteed job placement.

at least you chose an employable major (until your shit is automated in 20 years)

fucked

It isn't. The jobs out there want experience I can't get. Plus Pittsburgh has tons of nepotism.

live with parents
parents make me go to community college in hope I can transfer to university. I wind up flunking out of community college, and don't pass a single class
never had a job
can't drive
Kissless Virgin
Stay in bed jacking off all day

>only child
>parents are also have no siblings
>they saved money like jews
>will inherit 8 real estates
Rentbux alone will enable me to live comfy. Thanks to this financial comfort I pursue my phd in history. I might sell all my properties and move the money outside though. Just in case.

'91
60k/yr
15k student debt remaining (been paying off in chunks).
Still living at home (over 50k in my bank account, ready for a down payment on a good property).

Just looking for her.

87 here. Male. I have been the last 4 years a freelance worker making anywhere from €2000 - €3500 a month with lots of free time and work benefits. I don't own a house nor am I planning on getting one, but I have really cheap rent due to luck and contacts (€380 a month, huge apartment). So I'd consider myself pretty comfy.

I get mad pussy too if that counts.

But when I look around at my friends around my age, they are far from ok and they envy me. There literally is about 2 people I know with their "shit together" really. The rest are adult babies who won't settle for anything but the perfect idea they think they deserve, and are not willing to take the hard road toward their goals in the slightest.

81. Doing great.

Wow must be nice having parents let you live at home so you can stack up your savings account. Faggot

That's fucking terrible. Post a picture of yourself. Why can't you drive? Why don't you have a job? Wtf have you been doing all these years?

That sounds like pretty much every other field, actually. I'm surprised accounting is like this too. Nepotism is a huge problem. Most entry-level jobs for college graduates are now internships, which is entirely horse shit.

89'
Could be better, but management position, nice Audi and 5 rooms apartment make me not complain much

1986, I'm doing well, but millennials are the worst generation. Even worst than the boomers because of all the LGBT and cuck shit.

93 and my shits fucked up

aside from bothering to go to communty college and living with parents we're pretty similar
I just continuted stagnating until my family got sick of me, then I moved in with someone I met on Sup Forums
I sincerely don't care that I could have been made into furniture, and I had kind of hoped but he's actually a pretty cool guy helping me get back on my feet and actually doing stuff to help me unlike my family "helping" me by letting me sleep on their couch but never use their car or phone to actually get a job

>21
>60k a year
>in Poland
>IN POLAND
>80m2 apartment built in 2015

I'm doing pretty well for myself. My peers all work at McDicks or at a cashpoint

I'm planning on going back to school for nursing sooner than I buy a house. I pay my share of bills and don't treat my mother or her property like shit. Also planning on going 50/50 with her on some income properties, so thats nice too.

Never knew my father, he became an hero well before I had real conscious thought.

We're all going to make it though, right?

1982 here.
Manager of a mid size company.
A wife.
2 daughters.
And own my house and car with no debt.
Just been coming here since 2008 to shit post when I'm bored.

>24
>Graduated college in 2013
>Only now have a resume where I can start making entry-level pay in my field
>my job is still a seasonal/temporary gig
>rent mobile home with 25 year old, college educated girlfriend who also has a seasonal/temporary job

Job market is fucked for millennials, and houses are too expensive.

>implying multi generational housing is bad
You're cancer.

born in 73.
inherited all i have. never worked a day in my life.

I have sincere doubts that I'll even be able to enter the workforce anymore though
>25
>no experience
>didn't do anything after high school
>not even charity work
>being a recluse has robbed me of all social grace that I may have had

I am doing ok no debt. Some savings, working on building more.

Need to get out of Vancouver to actually get ahead though. This housing situation is fucking retarded.

I live in a big sewer room. There was some massive construction in my city a few years ago and I noticed a huge room. Moved some large furniture inside it before they closed it up one night. Make money selling scrap metal I find on craigslist

>That's fucking terrible. Post a picture of yourself. Why can't you drive? Why don't you have a job? Wtf have you been doing all these years?
I dropped out of highschool when I was 15. I have never had a friend. I have just been staying instead of the internet all these years. I have never even owned a cell phone.

91, job, master degree in STEM field, planning to get even more education. No own place to live tho, and that sucks.

>90 here just graduated from my phD
>300k a year
>math phd
>lifes good

>25, born 1990
>self employed contractor
>make around 100k nzd
>lots of friends, good social life
>cute girlfriend
>could afford a deposit on a house if I sold my car except I'm hesitant in our current economic state
>I'm a normie by Sup Forums standards with my shit together
However
>regular alcohol guzzling degenerate
>enjoy psychedelic drugs
>depressed at the thought of being 30 in five years time

I guess I'm alright

I hear you. This upcoming presidential election is the only reason I haven't killed myself yet.

jesus christ you are me
do you just shitpost, play video games, and try not to think about killing yourself all day?
That's what I do

Fucked.

My life is together. I'm being setup to take over a high up position in 5 years and I already make good money.

My only problem is that I've been lovelorn for over 10 years now. You could call it oneitis, but I have tried to move on and have a gf of 4 years. I can't marry her because she is controlling as fuck and a product of feminism. So is the one I am lovelorn over, but she hurt me hard and I can't get over it. I am spiraling into mental illness and so I don't see me taking the new position, but rather running away and trying to live a hard and short life in the wilderness as I study philosophy and science in peace.

>1989
>IT technician, just got a new job for much more money
>Renting a house currently, planning on buying one in the next couple of years. Only thing stopping me is that I'm undecided about where I want to live.
>live with my longterm gf

Most people my age that I know are completely fine. The only person I would say remotely fits the millenial description is a friend of mine who's parents still dote over him. He has a job and a girlfriend but he still lives with his parents and his mum does everything for him, cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing etc.

>1988
>well educated, in between jobs
>was making $90k/yr at last gig but quit because it sucked
>rent a decent apartment for $1100/mo

I'm bored out of my mind with being out of work, but also kind of enjoying the time off. I was super burned out and depressed for the last two years. It's good to take a break.

I really don't want another corporate job. I need to get into something less soul crushing.

nice mrme

84 here, I graduated in engineering and work as a contractor for a shipbuilding company in Busan. 70k,free apt, cheap health care. Not too bad. The problem with pol is that they equate searching Indeed with looking for a job. Absolutely differen

go figure I'd run into my doppelganger on Sup Forums

I refuse to associate myself with those spineless cowards.

I tell everyone I'm a Toys 'R Us kid.

>Wish me luck bros
Luck has been wished.

Ph.D Physics
comfy research position
hate my generation

50k in a bank account doing absolutely nothing and 15k in loans increasing through interest. Why are millennials so financially illiterate?

I know you burrito people cram your first, second, third cousins along with their parents and grandparents under one roof where you come from. But here in America we are a little bit more independent. Typically speaking, parents will not let you live with them, even if you really need it.

Full time employment since 18
$60k/yr

Meh

1994 here

>Military, been to the middle east, south east asia and Hong Kong
>have almost 20k saved up
>don't have a car yet, just stay on base and save my money
>going to get a lisence for AC repair in the glorious southwest
>looking at place to live in Arizona and Nevada
>Christian, go to church and am saving it for the woman I'll marry

I always say I couls be doing worse

>(Inb4 welfare queen baby killer 4 da jOoS)

>do you just shitpost, play video games, and try not to think about killing yourself all day?
For the past 6 years I have just been browsing the internet. I always think about killing myself. I cry myself to sleep allot knowing that most people my age have jobs,families,and are owning houses. I feel like such a loser.

>Renting for $1100 a month
>After making 90k/yr

why the fuck didn't you buy a house

From 87' . Have job, cheapish rental apartment with quite some space. Since two years enjoying the single life again.

Am gonna quit my job at some point though, time for something different. Gonna go towards teaching kids.

>Born 91

>Currently working at a private small wholesale business

>Get paid in gibsmedat from the state but expected to be hired in July

Despite that I live pretty well off but the fact I have almost no social life outside of work makes me realize that money is only used for stuff that makes you feel better about yourself that you later gives a boost in confidence
and I probably will never enjoy that feeling because I have no one to share it with

Holy fuck user.

My student loan isn't "due" until 2018, by which I mean it begins to accrue interest.

I currently put like $300 a month towards my fidelity account and do 10% on my 401k. I also am planning on doing some income property within the next year. I'm sure I could do something more with it, but right now I'm not too concerned about it. I appreciate your concern user.

People born before '85 aren't millennials man

because I'm really not committed to where I live. renting is great, you have the flexibility to get up and leave whenever you want.

1996 born in Scotland.

>Job
Completed a Cisco CCNA course end of 2014. Still looking for a foothold on the ladder right now to get into IT. Apprentice in stone flooring in the meantime.

>Nice place to stay?
Live with parents right now, would move out if I had a job that earned me enough.

>Life relatively together
It's a bit shaky, will probably be moving back to Scotland in the next year.

Because buying a house is retarded from a career standpoint.

Born in 89.
Own my car and house without owing any money to the jews.
Work with manual labour which means my body is in a natural bearmode state at all times in addition to a sweet sallary.

I hunt and fish for fun.

Sweden sucks tho. Like 35% of my money goes straight to the immigration insanity.

1993, shit job at fast food, still living with parents, community college and virgin. Spent 4 years of my life watching my brain damaged brother slowly die a horrible death. I have $5600 saved up so far, but still not enough to move out. I'd probably be doing better if it weren't for those 4 years. Barely see any of my friends anymore. Also developing mental illnesses slowly because of how lonely I am. besides being an unmotivated social failure all I do is workout, play vidya, and spam forums with my cancer because there's nothing else to live for.

>1993, currently 22
>work blue collar skilled labor, make 70k
>live in upscale apartment
>currently putting money towards starting my own business
>current employer will pay for my education and I can get a comfy office job where I'm at now making 6 figures if business dosn't work out, so a solid back up plan

no gf tho, frankly too busy for one

fuck that,

i love work.

91 here, getting back on my feet after prison andheroin addiction. been cleanfor almost 6 months.

going back to school im currently working and about to buy a vehicle.

>lifes goodman

I'm just visiting here. You're literally saying that kids should waste their money on the rent Jew for no reason.

1991, which is extra fucked because my country was in a war back then.
I got a job while I was still in college, got my MA recently, between jobs now. I'm an English teacher. Still live with my mom though but I plan to move out as soon as possible. I'm looking for a girl to marry, but it's hard as fuck to find a decent one.

>96
> Major in Entreprenourship and Busniess
> Lives on my dads wealth
> Going to take over a firm
> Makes arround 100k$ a month.
> Bright future.

>brain damaged brother slowly die a horrible death
What happened?

Is Australia saturated with CCNA qualified people? I get job offers nearly every week in the UK.

you dont find enjoyment orexcitement in anything?

5600 is plenty to move out.

same, I'm emotionally crippled though so I only cry during infrequent outbursts after I can't bottle it up anymore when I know I am alone and that nobody could hear or see me crying.
I don't want a family but I do want a job and a humble home of my own, I'd be okay with 200ft2 if I could just call it my own. I wouldn't hire me however so I understand why I haven't been able to find work and it feels like as I get older it just gets less and less likely
My younger brother, 21, is making 40k and living on his own which only adds to my feelings of inadequacy.

Holding out for President Trump to #MAGA in the hopes I'll be able to find work, failing that I'll probably just keep hoping I don't wake up in the morning

For CCNA? Not to be rude, buy that should take a week. Serious offers should only start around the CCNP level (at CCIE you're already made). CCNA is a good thing to get just to learn networking basics, but I'm surprised to hear it's in demand. Versus just a highlight on a resume.

It appears so, It might have something to do with the fact that I'm under 20 and that I live in Adelaide. which Is overrun by wog families (Mafia) and gooks. You don;t get a job with what you know but who.

Had a couple of interviews though. Typical response "we like you but you're too inexperienced" meme.

>88 Here
>No wife or SO and don't want or need one Glad I became redpilled early
>Work at a nice shop selling the stuff I love Retro vidya gaems MTG Cards and various other cool shit
>Pays decent for the work I do but I'm doing a job I love doing so I'm happy
>Live within my means have my own apartment everythings working out.

Yah life could never be better who needs to be rich if your happy and content with your life that's all you need.

is ityour social skills your not happy with?

>waste money on rent
I can either live with my parents, deal with their incessant nagging, and be stuck with a job at a factory or riding a tractor all day because they live in bumfuck nowhere, or pay rent to live in a city where I can actually find a high paying job relevant to my education.

Please elaborate on searching a job instead of using indeed, Senpai.

Way too autistic to post a good summary about my current life. Tried a few times to make up a post, but always end up making a post that no sane person would want to read.

It's probably in demand due to the growing networking infrastructure in the UK. In Australia the NBN was supposed to provide tons of new jobs. We all fell for that meme and progress has ground to a halt.

Some people's parents live in the city and are nice and cool people, you know?)

I hear you man. Even if I just had some small and shitty apartment, I'd be happy. And yea,frustrating knowing the older you get, the less you
re wanted. If Clinton wins i'm killing myself.

96 here. Getting great grades, on scholarship, athletic, and have an internship. I never been in a relationship nor do I have any friends lol.

Trust fund kiddie reporting in

>You will never be a self funded NEET

And the summary wouldn't be accurate either, I'm a pathological liar with some psychopathic features on top

Waiting for Trump doesn't sound like a good idea tb.h. First even if he was going to fix things for you, that's at least a year out, probably longer. Second, it's a way of deflecting. Can you not see a therapist? Get medication? Take online courses or something to help you get going? It sucks, but the USA isn't a place that's going to help you if you don't get a move on yourself.

try me

Enjoy your NEETness I suppose I'll enjoy having a job where I get to hang around cool people like myself.

yes we are

you sound like a video game character

so much this

Guys, I used to think that financial stability and shitposting on the internet will make me happy. Then I fell in love with a girl I can't have and my peace of mind went to shit. So cherish that peace while you still have it, oh how I would like to go back to highschool years when all I need for happiness was Morrowind and a cup of coffee. Now I'm obsessed with having a child by the time I'm 30 and I can't help it.

Post grad research
Pretty girlfriend
Lots of friends
Shitty part time job until the scholarship kicks in.
No issues.

you were the one playing Morrowind and Rome Total War all day long right ?

Mmm no, my computer couldn't run Total war. Actually, I played Morrowind and played AC/DC songs on my bass guitar all day long.

we're more than just that tho bro

give it time

I don't want him to win because of the economy. I want to see America white again. If I wanted free shit, being the neet I am, I would just vote Bernie.

>1995
>moved from parents 8 months ago
>a bit above of avarage pay, still low tho'
>got my life in shape this month, no more debts
>will move in with gf in October, I will pay less for living and food than I am now
>not going to my uni but still doing pretty well in it
>life is between okay and good

There is nothing good about staying up all night on the internet for 15 hours straight, and then sleeping during the day time.

97 here
Currently at Community College, about to finish 1 year and then transfer to a university.
Social life is decent. I have friends, but most of them left town for universities.
Live at home
Working for the city in the summer full time and then using that money to help pay my way through college.

I have no idea what I want to do for a living though. I want something that pays pretty well and ideally, is somewhat enjoyable. Any suggestion? There's no bad answers now

hitchhiker since 18
had a girlfriend from 18-20, hated it, never want one again
do random work for people, especially supermarkets for food
often camp in the forest
i love it, can't wait until i get to meet god

start a business

I dropped out of college, worked low wage for years. started a business, now I'm making 6 figures

the internet lowers the cost of entry, and offers access to hundreds of millions of potential customers

thing of something to make

learn seo

work hard and smart, etc.