Why is Grimes so smug? Is it warranted??

Why is Grimes so smug? Is it warranted??

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
youtu.be/Dt0IiGxNntw
youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all i know is that she is probably one of the most disgusting unhygienic musicians I've ever seen

Probably a full blown sjw too.

Because she knows that she's the best female artist of the decade.

perhaps it's a bloated ego caused by an autistic fanbase who live only to scream nonstop about her

she did realize she is the most superior artist ever

>not discussing music on Sup Forums
>not being nice to grimes
fuck you

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

It isn't warranted. She's pretty good at writing hooks and capable enough to do basic stuff on her own but rather than learn from people that specialize in stuff or work with them she wants to do everything herself because she's too good to have anyone, especially a man, adulterate her creative vision by doing something she's incapable of (like playing an interesting guitar part). If she truly wanted he art to be the best it could possibly be she'd recognize her own limitations and find people that either shared her vision or would be able to follow her lead to cover where she isn't as capable.
In an early interview she mentioned that she'd like to just produce for some other pop star she'd manufacture but apparently she decided to scrap that and make Grimes an ego trip where she darts around onstage trying to que samples, play guitar/keys, and sing while only really being any good at one of those. She's up her own ass and her music and live performances are suffering because of it. She needs to be brought down a peg, saddly the only way that's gonna happen is if it's from a woman amd I doubt any female artists with more clout/artistic merit than her are going to say anything.

>tfw no one i know from vancouver has ever heard of this person

Who cares? I'm glad she's dead.

>If she truly wanted he art to be the best it could possibly be she'd
Practice, practice, practice. Because that is how you get better at making art - not by hiring people to do it for you while still calling it your own work.

love is dead

Queen of pop has the right to be smug

oh

Just think about all the good she's done..

See
The smug IS warranted.
Here's another one so you don't have to scroll up.

I think she's cute

Literally who?

Claire my waifu

There's no rule on Sup Forums that says he have to be nice to her

Speak English

I love her so much

>See
>
Collaboration, and session/tour musicians are pretty standard for the industry. Is Steely Dan not Walter Becker and Donald Fagen's project because even though they wrote everything there were a large number of session musicians on their records and they had a bunch of other musicians playing with them on stage?
>
>
Empty assertions.
I know there's know winning here, but I'm still responding.

*knuckle-crack*

GRIMES PROFILE

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- writer

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studied neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 19
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

So much

Well, that's pretty comprehensive.

But my question was rhetorical, I was using it to communicate that we shouldn't care what some no-name pop singer thinks.

She's my only light

You would be smug too if you'd be the artist of the decade.

>Is it warranted??
Of course.

>artist of the decade
no

because she used to get bullied and now she's a pitchfork star with a hoard of equally unhygienic men lusting after her

Your criticism may be valid ("she's too good to have anyone, especially a man, adulterate her creative vision by doing something she's incapable of") but you're missing the fact that people like her music for WHAT IT IS not for what it could be. She doesn't need to fix something that isn't broken and it works well.

You're also missing the fact that she's becoming better and better at singing, songwriting, playing instruments and production. Grimes is a work in progress project.

I saw her live last year and it was an amazing show tbf to her. She doesn't do all of that stuff simultaneously either. You make her sound like Dick Van Dyke

Days are long and empty

lets artists be smug and pretentious. it's fun

She used to be abused everyday because some people thought they were really great or they were just bored and wanted to drive her to suicide just for fun. It must be really ironic now

wrong

Wrong

Yes!

she is a good girl

Yes. You could pick your own artist of the decade if Claire is too much for you.

This

The hate is pretty deserved

>posts on Sup Forums
>calls the Sup Forums users unhygienic men
>he implies he's not unhygienic despite being a Sup Forums user too

>tfw you'll never dropkick grimes into a river

No. The hate is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

It doesn't look like her

Speak for yourself

Look closer

i wanna cum on her face so bad

it does

Think she's ever taken a load on the face? Thought experiment.

Makes me feel like shit

Not really

>Why is Grimes so smug? Is it warranted??
It isn't, smugness isn't warranted.

She needs to hang out with people who keep her grounded.

not at all

Is grimes getting old?

what do you mean? everything she does is intended for good

nah

ok

well she's a human, so yes

But he's a spokesperson for the tranny LGBT community

>practicing on stage in front of people shelling out $$$ to see a ''performance''
Wish this place wasn't filled with toddlers

>Collaboration, and session/tour musicians are pretty standard for the industry.
Grimes herself isn't standard for the music industry. If she was, all her music would probably sound like this:
youtu.be/Dt0IiGxNntw

>no-name pop singer
Wrong thread, user.

Intended for who's good?

People throw rocks at things that shine

user, every performance in front of a live audience is practice for the next performance. It can't NOT be.

Sounds fun

How are you such stalkers? on Sup Forums. I need this explained

everyone's

bump

grimes is shit.

Different user, she is totally unknown outside of here. Only delusional Sup Forums fags like her.

She can be pretty shit

Stop talking shit. She has more followers on Facebook than Death Grips, Grouper and St. Vincent combined. And there's still room for at least 10 more obscure artists. Also her music has been reviewed by the most relevant music critics.

your posts are shit

>plebs not getting her greatness

>she is totally unknown outside of here.

t. Person Who Spends All His Time On Sup Forums

I do that too

>grimes threads
>200 replies, 12 posters
c'mon guys at least try to shitpost better

Nah

why

Because you're a piece of shit

>grimes is the shit
HELL YEAH

Retard nut case

She is awesome.