Save the Uchu Nippon Setagaya Wikipedia Page

I created a Wikipedia page for Fishmans' Uchu Nippon Setagaya, but an admin is trying to get it removed for not being notable enough to merit an article. My problem is that Wikipedia requires multiple credible independent sources to cover a topic for it to merit its own article. I was able to find one review the Wikipedia people consider credible: optimisticunderground.com/2016/02/09/fishmans-uchu-nippon-setagaya/

However, due to the Fishmans' relative obscurity in the West, I have been unable to find another credible independent review (or news article, or mention in a book, etc.). Generally, Wikipedia requires at least two such independent sources for an article to stay. I am sure that there are some credible reviews of the album in Japanese, but I cannot read it, so I have not been able to get any. Would anyone be able to help me out by finding credible sources reviewing (or even mentioning) Uchu Nippon Setagaya in Japanese? I am sure they must exist.

I really feel this album is important enough for its own article (especially since King Master George and Neo Yankees' Holiday both have their own articles). If you can, I could use any help I can get to keep this article alive. The Wikipedia deletionist admins cannot win. They already deleted the Shinji Sato page that I created. This album is too important for me to give up on.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.jp/#q=宇宙 日本 世田谷 音楽レビュー
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Uchu_Nippon_Setagaya).
phileweb.com/review/article/201611/30/2320.html
youtube.com/watch?v=i7B2v3jnH5w
ktr.to/Tv/cdtv.html
billboard-japan.com/goods/detail/202775
twitter.com/AnonBabble

request the melon

I do not know what you mean. What is the melon?

just use google translate on some japanese reviews until you find one that looks legit

they got plenty of press back in the day

there's probably also articles about the tribute show they performed for Shinji

Anthony Fantano, the internet's busiest music nerd - AKA TheNeedleDrop

Why does this matter to you? I love this album as much as anybody, but I can't see the gravitas in having a wikipedia article on it.

For good or for bad, many people look only at a topic's Wikipedia page. It serves as a kind of "validator" to many - i.e. if a topic has a wikipedia page, it is at least somewhat noteworthy. It is hard to explain.

I am trying that. These are the results I get:

google.co.jp/#q=宇宙 日本 世田谷 音楽レビュー

Weather report is a good song lads

hey man I was looking at that same page today, good luck in you search

Additionally, I am irritated by the comments the administrator has made. She called the album "unnotable" in her rely to my defense of the album in the deletion debate (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Uchu_Nippon_Setagaya). In her talk page (basically the wikipedia equivalent of her FB wall or something), she claims to love writing articles about "obscure music articles." Yet she is hellbent on erasing a somewhat obscure album that she calls "unnotable" (she probably hasn't even listened to it)! The hypocrisy enrages me.

holy shit stop trying to force this meme

Good luck OP

What meme? retard

>le meme rap jap crap
this is going too far

>rap

Since when is Sup Forums into dub?

here friend, i'll leave a comment. i need to reset the pw to my wikipedia account however. haven't logged into it in awhile.

same dude here, i got into the account. how is it that i comment on the debate?

You click the [edit source] link at the top of the debate page (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Uchu_Nippon_Setagaya).

Then, you can add a comment at the bottom. I think that is the correct way (it is how I left my comment). I do not usually get into these kinds of debate pages, so I am new to this as well. You can preview your comment before submitting to check that it looks okay format-wise by clicking "Show Preview" at the bottom after adding your comment.

Also, I have just added a new section to the page with a new Japanese article I found that mentions Uchu Nippon Setagaya:

phileweb.com/review/article/201611/30/2320.html

However, I worry that since the primary subject of the article is the Fishmans' discography in general, the admin will try to disregard it. For whatever reason I am having trouble finding a Japanese review of the album from a credible source (not a blog review, but a real website).

writing a comment right now, friend

Thank you greatly

Jesus christ that chick is a pretentious fuckhead for having such basic-ass taste in music and movies.

how should i format this? is there i way to indent the paragraph so that it shows it is replying directly to hers or should it be at the same width as her comment?

I am trying to figure that out now. I was wondering the same thing. There must be a way to indent it. Hold on, let me check it out.

I figured it out. Just use two asterisks instead of one. So the first bit should be:

:**{{u|TheGracefulSlick}}

Instead of:

:*{{u|TheGracefulSlick}}

ah, alright. the comment has been left.

In other words, the following text:

:**{{u|TheGracefulSlick}} Testing testing...

at the bottom of the debate page will yield pic related.

>The users of Rate Your Music, one of the oldest and most respected music rating databases, have ranked Uchu Nippon Setagaya to be the 30th best album of 1997 with a total of 1,190 ratings.

lol

Thank you so much, user. I am going to keep looking for more Japanese sources. The fight continues! Thank you also for being very polite and civil. I think that is the way to go.

Cringey, I know. I am just working with what I have.

no prob user

Why aren't people working on the Long Season page? That one should be easier to cover

They should be. I intend to, but I haven't got around to it yet, because it is not under immediate threat of deletion right now. So much more could be written about Long Season on its article. IMO, it is currently one of the most criminally undersized music articles on Wikipedia right now.

It's strange that Long Season isn't under threat of deletion given that there's next to no information on that page whatsoever.

Anyways thanks for your work, man. I love this band.

Besides Fanthony Antano, what about Nardwuar?
Aren't there any other japs or otakus on this board/website you could try to get help from?

>le meme rap
have you heard a single song by fishmans

Should I revisit pic related? I only listened to it once, and I wasn't very impressed.

I fucking love Uchu Nippon Setagaya, while I think as an album experience it isn't as good as Long Seasons, it has stronger individual songs, tracks like Weather Report and Back Beat are incredible, and of course fucking Walking in the Rhythm.

Yeah. You should. I think it's the weakest of the trilogy (little known fact-- Kuchuu Camp, Long Season, and Uchu Nippon Setagaya are a trilogy), but I think it's also the most popular. It's like... #3 on Rolling Stone Japan's top 100 Japanese albums. It's more dub and less dream pop than the other two.

You should not be focusing on saving them now. They will get their time to shine.
However you should save Hector Lavoe's soul alive my nigga. Save him.
youtube.com/watch?v=i7B2v3jnH5w

Not a bad band, either

Is that a fucking Jojo reference???

>"The users of Rate Your Music, one of the oldest and most respected music rating databases, have ranked Uchu Nippon Setagaya to be the 30th best album of 1997 with a total of 1,190 ratings"
That aside I do hope that it doesn't get deleted.

Sincere thanks to user for introducing me to this work of art

So, it may be a longshot, but MAGIC LOVE was the ending theme to the Japanese show Count Down TV. You can probably milk a source out of that.

That might just work. Do you have a link to a source that lists Magic Love as the ending theme? If so I will add a section on that right away. I will also look. Thank you.

My (very) limited Japanese may be useful for once.

ktr.to/Tv/cdtv.html

It was the ending song from (7/5/1997-8/23/1997). I know the page sucks, but most Japanese web design looks straight out of the 90s.

The Billboard Japan page for Uchu Nippon Setagaya also advertises this fact. As does their Japanese wiki page. I have no idea if this show was a big deal or anything, but it's popped up a few times in my search.

billboard-japan.com/goods/detail/202775