Why do we like this site again?

Why do we like this site again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AofUt0TQyf0
youtube.com/watch?v=GzJA1xQxTCU
youtube.com/watch?v=i7B2v3jnH5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just use it to autistically catalogue my music, fuck the forums and comments though they're full of p4kdrones and low test faggots.

>Cardiacs this low

wtf rym??????????????

it wasn't like that until 5 months ago. Neither of the Kendrick albums belong. I was feeling fine with them being in the 150 range but I'm kind of Pissed. I just don't understand TPAB's overwhelming praise. It went over my head or something. These Walls is one of the biggest pieces of shit of that year

>we
funny choice of words

they changed the algorithm to prefer newer releases (mainly because albums from the 60s have had 50 years of of praise to back them up). It's a lot harder for anything from the last 10 years to get close to a +4.00 rating.

Also these walls is a great song

>"Two-Headed Boy Prt 1” is obnoxious as fuck and as pretentious as one can get with an acoustic guitar by far."
How the fuck could you think that a typical acoustic folk pop song is "pretentious"? Literally, fucking how?

youre just a
C O N T R A R I A N
F
A
G
G
O
T

yo what d fuck is this

I actually like Forever Changes.

But yeah. The overall charts are garbage, for the most part.

Still too high

Small sample of ratings (i.e., hardline fans of the band/subgenre are the first to listen to a given album). Average score will eventually drop as time passes.

>TPAB and MBDTF both above close to the edge
I'm a huge kanye faggot but it's not even close to Close to the Edge. In fact, the closest thing about them is that Jon Anderson is sampled on Dark Fantasy.

>Affirmative action required for new music to make the top 100

Cardiac deserves to be that low

>Jon Anderson is sampled on Dark Fantasy.
What the fuck? I never knew that. Yes used to be my favorite band and I consider MBDTF album of the decade so far.

They downshifted his voice because it was so high, but I recognized the accent which got me to look into it and it turned out to be Jon Anderson. It's from a song he made with Mike Oldfield.
youtu.be/AofUt0TQyf0
I also think MBDTF is one of the best of the decade, but CTTE is one of the best of all time.

I can respect that. CTTE used to be my favorite album ever. But I can't believe I never noticed that. I need to listen to more Mike Oldfield too tee bee aich.

which song is this sampled on

im retarded, Dark Fantasy

What album replaced it?

Shouldn't be in the top 5,000

>Choirs of the Eye this low
A masterpiece of this caliber deserves to be much higher

Kate Bush- The Dreaming has been my #1 for the past 5-6 years, probably.

I knew it took the melody but never knew it was a direct sample huh

Oh and btw just in case you are not aware of the masterpiece known as Choirs Of The Eye:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzJA1xQxTCU

It's literally a timeless classic

Don't know. Doesn't even rank the god of gods properly.
youtube.com/watch?v=i7B2v3jnH5w

Yes is trash tho

>Yes is trash

NO

Respectable choice.
Also, if I'm being honest, I've always perfered [spoiler]Jethro Tull[/spoiler]

because typically people who like love, yes and miles davis don't like memerap, and you can browse the site by genre. looking at overall charts is stupid in many ways

yes it's basically Sup Forumscore, we are aware of it

>this low
the fact it's in the top 2,000 demonstrates its acclaim

I do really dig Jethro Tull, but Yes and Camel were always my prog bands of choice.

Are you guys talking about p4k?

>tpab above gkmc
that's the main problem here
even kendrick himself said he preferred gkmc over tpab

>Camel
Fuck yes, love me some Camel. I'd admit Yes hit higher than Jethro Tull, but Jethro Tull's folk/rock/sometimes jazz/funk/etc combined sound really apeals to me. Speaking of Prog Gentle Giant is also great, and the Power and Glory should bw at least in the top 750
This thread is a dadprog safespace plzleave

He also put damn above both
So I'm not listening to him

>damn above both
Ew. Humble alone disqualifies it from being better than either of them.

>TPAB - 4.05 with 13,037 ratings
>GKMC - 4.06 with 13,381 ratings

GKMC is both more popular and has an higher rating, why is it lower?

No, it absolutely doesn't your underage fuck

FPBP

I have no interest in anything else there.

Does anyone actually use the rym forums?

using RYM for anything than discovering new music is a proof that you're an incapable autist 2bh
Don't even create an account to begin with if you're a well functioning human being

what the FUCK you got against Forever Changes
Love was a FUCKING GOOD BAND but here you are crying a fucking river because a couple thousand people sandwiched them between kendrick and kanye
Summerfag season, time to go hunting.

Their ranking algo is weird. It's also based on the distribution of scores from people who rate it. It looks likely that the people who have rated TPAB higher have more normally distributed scores than those who rated GKMC high. Probably.

Tpab is one of my fave albums

problems weren't

>using the main chart
desu, I use rym to see genre charts, lists and users who have unique tastes/are very knowledgeable about a specific genre. The main charts were always kinda eh.

>le modern music can't come close to my 50 year old dadrock

Fuck off wrong generation fag.

>Buttmetal that high

t. Nu-male cuxk

Close to the Edge shouldn't even be in the first 1000, unlike TPAB and MBDTF. Yes is trash and the only types of progressive rock that are tolerable are RIO and zeuhl.

>they changed the algorithm to prefer newer releases

Is this actually true? Wtf, I hate RYM now

>they changed the algorithm to prefer newer releases

No, they just gave newer users more weight.

When they changed the algorithm all hip hop releases also went up more than other releases of the year they were released

Fuck, now Blackstar will never catch up MBDTF as the best album of 2010s.

TPAB passed MBDTF.

Goddamn you people are uptight
I use RYM because it's a solid way of finding interesting music I haven't heard before
I don't treat the charts as gospel, I just use them as a discovery tool
Besides, find me a published "top albums" chart that's any better than the RYM chart

takes a wild inferiority complex

lol wow this is the maddest I've seen someone on here all week. nice

I stopped using my RYM account the day I learned how to use Discogs.

What exactly are the benefits?

discogs is about finding music by yourself and not by what is popular in the charts.
plus it has way more music and stimulates you to listen to eps.

I love it but it's pretty niche, so I'm not surprised. Am a little disappointed Hubardo didn't get a little more love tho.

Unironically Scaruffi. Don't agree with a lot of his opinions but all of the albums in his top 25 are GOAT.

>typical acoustic folk pop song
damn

whatever you like it or not, rap music is the most popular and acclaimed music in the 10s. no wonder it's so high on the lists

The Soft Bulletin is literally below Blackstar and in danger of falling into the top 200's.
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

>Unironically Scaruffi.

Only a pseudo-intellectual rockist would agree with this notion

Most of my five stars on rym are country albums from the 70s but whatever you say user.

t. butthurt rapfag

I mostly blame Kanye, not that it's a bad thing.
MBDTF forever changed the worlds' view on hip-hop, though.
People can argue that Enter the 36 or Illmatic are better, but DF was the first hip-hol album go ever top a decade, and the first to be so enthusiastically considered a GOAT album. I mean, critics compared it to OK Computer and Kid A. It was an enormous critical freakout.

it's a teenage website

Yeah, cause Sup Forums is only for 30 year olds and up.

RYM, Pitchfork, Sup Forums... hip hop seems to be more popular than ever, though I don't live in the US.

Kanye and Kendrick above Yes HAHAHAhaha. Shit above greatness. That proves this site is for autists

It's like it's part of burger culture now. I barely listen to it anymore, only Aesop Rock and a bit of Cunninlynguists

I also disagree, but I don't really blame him seeing how that's probably his most personal project since the Kendrick Lamar EP.

this