Mac demarco?

how do you guys feel about mac demarco
i personally think his music is pretty good

2 was pretty fucking good.
Salad Days was great but kind of repetitive
Another One was good but also repetitive
Really liked the new one tho.

He may be kind of repetitive at times but his style is somewhat unique and his songs are fun.

ciggy bum brain

He's got his own style and I fuck with it.
Live versions are also fucking great.

victim of the radiohead effect
if his fans werent such shit heads maybe I would listen to him more
passing out pieces is alright

I've never understood this criticism, unless you were planning on going to once of his concerts, why is this a problem?

shit hipster trash
the state of mu

decent background music. idk anybody who actually thinks hes great. just something decent to put on while you study i guess

2 is decent.

Pathetic excuse for not liking someone. Particularly when you probably never meet any fans in real life anyway

i've met his fans. bunch of rich kids buying up all the used clothes from goodwill while fucking over actual poor people. because they try to copy mac to make up for their lack of personality.
dumbasses actually import viceroys(shittest cigerettes ever)

Literally nothing to do with his music you fucking poser.

whats your favourite grimes album then?

What does that have to do with anything? I've never listened to Grimes and have no opinion on her fanbase.

>I've never listened to Grimes
why not?

He's what college freshman listen to so they can be edgy and cool.

Same reason I've never listened to lots of music, because I've been listening to other shit.

Christ do you really believe it's because of Grimes fans?

>because I've been listening to other shit.
like what?

Does it matter?

>Does it matter?
this is a music board...

How is it relevant to why I haven't listened to Grimes?

i've moved past that. im asking what do you listen to now.

ya geek whatcha listenin to

post what you listen to kid. why so scared?

I think this guy is a chicken user

big n yella.

I really enjoyed his first 3 albums
I am fed up with his emotional love songs, I want old catchy upbeat songs, Im tired of these synth romantic songs, I feel theyre too repetitive

Not bad not bad. Big ups for Low End Theory I love that album. I would go so far as to say it's what got me into Hip-Hop

The new album is a lot better than I expected as well. I'd highly recommend giving it a listen.

nothing special. overall harmless but not daring or extremely creative and the fans just make me want to delete all mac off my hard drive. seems like a nice guy though

next time just say darkbloom

also try darkbloom

You know your music is awful when all people can say about you as an artist is that you "seem like a nice guy."

Way ahead of you user

Thank you 4 your service was definitely in my top 5 for last year, just nonstop classic Tribe. I was nervous when I first heard they had new stuff coming, wasn't sure they were still on it but goddamn if that album wasn't on point pretty much front to back. I think it helps that their sound has aged really well and has come right back into vogue lately.

Just your mention has inspired me to listen to it right now. So thanks for that.

Boring

Garbage.

He's the "Odd Future" for white people, by white people. He's in that same place.

WORTHLESS

> I think it helps that their sound has aged really well and has come right back into vogue lately.

This definitely. I feel like there's a real interest in classic hip-hop style at the moment despite the fact that a lot of the big names are trap.

He's like modern dad rock. I feel like I'll still hear him 30+ years down the line on classic rock stations.

Unrelated but turned on the radio in my car today and they were playing Nirvana on my local "classic rock" station.

40 years from now there'll be young people listening to Future and Lil Uzi Vert pining for the days of classic rap. It's too much to think about.

There's not enough of it to actually be remembered, there's only about 3-4 rap albums of any decade that stand the test of time, most rap ages like milk.

You're saying that out of all these less than 10 have aged well?

You're right. Probably going to be Kanye. I can't think of many other contemporaries that'll last. I see Death Grips brought up in that context on Sup Forums sometimes. Maybe, but they haven't had the sort of cultural penetration to be really remembered. Kanye is a cultural road marker of sorts. The TayTay thing, gay fish, the air yeezy, being married to a Kardashian. There's other stuff besides music that cements him in cultural history and relevance.

Do you genuinly believe that people still listen to Big L and 50 Cent today?

dude REVERB LMAO

Jimmy Buffet for Millennials

Mac "I play a melodic diarrhea with lots of chorus and reverb and really, really try to sound like john lennon vocally and lyrically but fail" DeFucko

Is he really trying to sound like Lennon?

this

yes plenty of ppl do.

Lennon eh. Go on.

Or are you one of those people who gets a small rush off of telling people that "John Lennon hit women"?

That isn't the point. There are more than 10 albums on that that are still listened to today and still well regarded.

Of course some artists fade but the point you made is objectively wrong.

He's awful

I think his goofiness made him popular but not his music, he plays cookie-cutter music and a lot of bands sound similar but never seem to get popular.
He's type of music has never been really popular until he arrived.

funny thing. his synth era is still weaker than connan mockasin

Since when did generic indie pop start being considered Jangle Pop?

Nirvana is already deep in "classic rock" territory anyway. Foo Fighters and things like the White Stripes are the next ones in the line.