Brand new poster for Terminator 2 Judgment Day 3D release (2017)

Brand new poster for Terminator 2 Judgment Day 3D release (2017)

How motherfucking hype are you?! Also I will laugh my lung out when this 3D re-release of a 26 year old movie makes more than Batman v Superman.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.yibada.com/articles/125266/20160522/terminator-2-3d-set-october-release-china.htm
blu-ray.com/news/?id=19501
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>3D

Are you 12 years old?

I would pay to see T2 on the big screen even if it was in black and white and without sound.

lolwhy

Cameron's 3D conversions are GOAT. Titanic looked better than 99% of movies that were actually filmed in 3D.

It'd be great if they put the film segments of the Universal Studios show on the eventual 3D Blu-ray.

True. He's very involved with the process and he knows the tech like no other. Dude knows how to deliver 3D.

They are doing what??

So they are just re-releasing old blockbusters now?

They figured out reboots these days arent working so the decided to just do this?

He's doing it for China which never had a theater release of T2

>all these negative nancies

I'll be back.... for more T2 on the big screen!

I am all fuckin for this, hell yeah. Saw it in the theaters as a kid so I get to relive it.

en.yibada.com/articles/125266/20160522/terminator-2-3d-set-october-release-china.htm

>"Terminator 2" or "T2", which marks its 25th anniversary this year, did not have a theatrical release in China due to lack of a system for screening imported films in the country in the early '90s. However, many Chinese movie fans watched it on VHS and DVD and it has become a hit across multiple generations.

>"I was thrilled to learn how popular 'T2' is in China," Cameron said in a video. "And I wanna thank the Chinese fans for their support, which is all the more meaningful considering 'T2' was never released in cinema there. And that's why I'm excited about working with DMG to bring 'T2' into Chinese cinemas for the very first time."

>Arnold Schwarzenegger, the film's lead actor and plays the title character, is expected to be in China to promote the 3D re-release. Cameron may also come to China to promote the movie provided that "he doesn't have scheduling conflicts," the report said.

3D is a worthless fucking gimmick that only distracts from the film.

DELETE THIS, GOYEM

true but it needs a gimmick for a re-release

im definately going to go see it as i was only a kid when it came out i theaters. watching it on VHS doesnt do it justice

>Hey Janelle, what's wrong with Wolfie? I can hear him barking.

Wolfie's fine, honey. Wolfie's fine.

always wanted to see this in theaters. the 3D could be fun and well-suited for the film.

Why not the first one? Is James Cameron ashamed of it?

What a fucking leaf.

T2 is one of those rare instances where the sequel surpasses the original

T2 is literally the perfect sequel.

Also T2 has pretty much all the idea Cameron wanted to put in T1 but was pressed for budget and time.

Does this mean a 4k, DNR-less blu is on the way?

Cheaper than paying to make a whole new movie. Just re-release old ones you already own. Brilliant.

iwishhollywoodwoulddie

>tfw in two days I'm flying off to china for a semester abroad
>tfw I will be able to see T2 in a theater

Goddamn, I am so glad

>there are plebs who think that T2 is better than The Terminator

Wrong.

This is true.

They're either children or they haven't seen the Terminator in a long time or at all.

It's releasing everywhere

you have a point there
T2 is a good kids movie

I'd rather have that than more remakes.

Just, not in 3D.

jesus fucking christ, i hope they do one of these, just to watch it man i would pay to see

3D in general can suck a cock but this is worthwhile if it means we get an all-new remaster since the current blu-ray isn't quite up to standard and T1 got a gorgeous remaster a couple years ago.

Now if only he'd get off his fucking ass and give us what we really need: THE ABYSS AND TRUE LIESE ON BLU-RAY FUCKING CHRIST JIM WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?

Nope.

Pacific Rim looked absolutely glorious in 3D.

The DeLorean.

It wasn't filmed in 3D though, Del Toro was actually against the 3D treatment because the effect would ruin the scale of the massive Jaegars.

Don't know why man but it was the first film to impress me with 3D and I had seen the new Ape Planet War Rises films and Resident Evil films in 3D and bunch of other stuff

but wev lad that 3D version of Pac Rim blew my fucking socks off

So movies are just doing what video game do, fucking remastered

>James Cameron: The Abyss Remastered in 4K, Coming to Blu-ray in 2017

>Director James Cameron has confirmed that his beloved film The Abyss has been recently remastered in 4K and will be released on Blu-ray in 2017. Mr. Cameron leaked the news while promoting the upcoming 30th anniversary Blu-ray release of Aliens at Comic-Con in San Diego.

>"We've done a wet-gate 4K scan of the original negative, and it's going to look insanely good. We're going to do an authoring pass in the DI for Blu-ray and HDR at the same time", Cameron said.

blu-ray.com/news/?id=19501

Frankly I prefer this route over remaking the film entirely when the original totally holds up better than most action films released since.

>Terminator 23D

Well that's one down, and I'm stoked to hear it. Looks like I'll still just have to I M A G I N E 4k True Lies for now though.

James Cameron has literally done nothing since Avatar. What the fuck has he been doing all these years? Weren't we supposed to get an Avatar 2? Whatever happened to that?

deep sea diving for the scientist.

While you stayed at the bottom of your house he dived to the bottom of the ocean

We've been supposed to get Avatar 2 'within the next couple years' " for the last five or six years.

I'm not holding my fucking breath for a speedy release.

keep your butt plug in all three are being filmed back to back

Stephen Lang said while he promoted Don't Breathe this month, that shooting will begin in january. We'll see.

He has done the deep sea dive all these years, which was also a stepping stone for him to do whatever underwater stuff it is that he's supposed to do with Avatar 2, most immediately.

Cameron has actually been busy with the Avatar sequels this entire time, it's just that normies like you have forgotten that this is the case, since as Sup Forums is fond of pointing out, Avatar has largely dropped out of the public consciousness. However, Cameron is dead-set, and one hundred percent committed on churning out anywhere from two to four of the damn things. Whether you like the first movie or not, this project will very likely comprise the remainder of his life's work, since he is at a later point in his life's arc. I think that Cameron has sensed this, which is why the prep is taking so long. He's also "getting his affairs in order" with respect to the project, at the same time that he proposes to make the things himself. He really sincerely wants to get the sequels right, regardless of whatever the final product turns out to be.

If I were Cameron and I were project-ing out this massive project (film and complete the Avatar sequels), and I knew perfectly well that someone else would go about completing it if I were to drop dead tomorrow (too much is invested for the studio to walk away from the project), then I would lay very, very specific instructions and advice for how to proceed, or suggest very detailed possibilities for approach. I would go as far as to speculate that legally binding contingency plans along the above lines have been drawn up and agreed to by Cameron and the various studio/business entities.

Then you have to figure out whatever it is that you really want to do with the story arc, and then actually make the thing. He's been saying for years that he wants to do principal photography for all of them all in one go, which is another planning phase.

-user who unironcially watched Avatar seven times in the theater [cue incoming banter]

What the fuck is Avatar 2 even gonna be about?

And more importantly, do we even NEED an Avatar 2, 3, and 4?

The humans were driven off Pandora and Jake settled down and became a Navi and had a happily ever after with his blueberry waifu.

What more could they possibly add to the story?

It's James Cameron's story I'm not James Cameron go ask James Cameron.

>2016
>Wearing socks

>wearing shoes without socks
Enjoy your athlete's foot faggot.

You can just as legitimately make these observations about Star Wars: a New Hope, which also functions as a stand-alone, open-and-shut movie. But both films were financial successes and pathbreaking tech, which naturally leads to sequels. And even if you don't particularly care about the /characters/ in one or both of the movies, there's plenty of people who did and would like to revisit the /world/ of either movie: seeing le Millenium Falcon again, high-speed space battles, Neytiri ass, cool new monsters, etc.

Good post, user. Now I feel bad for only watching it five times. ;_;

People really underestimate the enormous task it is to craft a world like this. It takes time if you want to do it right, and he did it wonderfully in the first one.

And I can't wait for the underwater 3D shots.

Shame the story sucked dick.

Why not though? Sure it's a shameless money grab, but I never understood why companies would invest so heavily into a movie that only gets one run at screening

If they start re-showing big titles every few years hopefully that means companies will put more effort into them at the time they're made in order to make sure people will queue up to watch them 25 years from now, instead of injecting some cash for a 1 off cash grab (any marvel movie made since Iron Man for instance)

I'd queue around the block for hours to see T2 in theatres today, can't say that about any blockbuster released since the first Pirates of the Caribbean

>ya fawstah parents'r deadt

abatap is that you?

>Terminator™ 2 Judgment Day 3D™ IMAX™: Skynet Strikes Back™ With Even More Words™

Oh god my dick is so har dright now please is this coming to IMAX i buying literall hundereds of tickets

let me guess you like films that pretend to be complex like inception, either that or you went with everyone at the time withthat meme and cant think for yourself.

The film was great

JIM CAM HUSBANDO THREAD - POST UR JIM CAMS

Why I was never old enough as a kid to see in the pictures, now though, I cant wait to see this.

Im literally never been more excited.

HOLY SHIT IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

I have always wanted to see t2 on the big screen. (born in 87)

T2 and Terminator are incredibly different movies, you can like both, you don't have to directly compare them to eachother. the children are the ones who bicker over which is better.

abyss is so good. we've needed it and true lies on bluray forever.

Srsly, this movie's aged worse than Eddie Furlong.

0/10 you're just butthurt

i watched Avatar again yesterday and was in awe. it's just a beautiful film. supposedly part 2 will focus on the oceans and underwater

4 sequels starting in 2018, then 2020,2022,2023

>ed harris being based
>michael biehn being crazy
>Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio resuscitation tits

it has everything and more

Even if 3Dshit is the only option I will definitely go see it. Goddammit Cameron even after the garbage heap that was avatar I'm still going to see this in theatres.

>all them neon pinks and blues
>silvestri score
>creepy underwater wreck exploration
>badass liquid oxygen breathing system

the movie is just so fucking cool

Titanic in 3D was a let down. Honestly I just want to see the movie, I dont give a fuck about 3d and I dont want to pay an extra +$6 for a dimmer screen

>his parents didn't take him to see T2 when his a kid
that sucks mang

I was born after the initial release but it's one of my favorites ever since I was 5 and got it on VHS

>when his a kid
>but it's one of my favorites ever since

I swear it sounds like English isn't my first language sometimes

absolute nightmare to film though. I cant believe any of the actors even signed on

Ed Harris punched Jim in the face over that movie. During the drowning scene Ed really did almost drown, and he didn't know that's what Jim wanted. Jim was trying to get a real reaction from him, but Ed would have none of it. That's why they never worked together again after that.

i turned 4 the july that it came out. my parents had gotten me a 50cc mini bike to play around with the following summer. I wiped out on the thing and told my dad i didn't want it. he returned it, then the next day he came home and had something in his back pocket. it was one of the officially licensed t2 toys. it was an endo with rubber around the torso to make it spring back in a punching action, and had light up eyes if you shined light through the top. i played with that thing for hours. people who weren't alive at the time in the 90s forget just how MASSIVE this movie was in pop culture. it was all over commercials, arnold was everywhere, and it was constantly spoofed in all media for years to come. even animaniacs.

I wish Cameron continued making great movies and never made Titanic and Avatar.

eh it's a bunch of literally who but they all did a great job. who else but based cameron thinks of floating plastic necklace beeds in a nuclear reactor to block out too much sunlight?

>Wanting DNR-less

Holy fuck why? Just buy the DVD then because bluray quality is lost when your image is so fucking grainy it looks like powder coating.

Cameron continued making great movies and made Titanic and Avatar.

yeah I can vouch for the lack of real presence in pop culture among people my age, I mean people know it but none of them really ever liked it as much as I do

I liked Titanic desu but Avatar was fucking awful

I couldn't even finish that shit

do they do 2D showings with these re-releases?

surely they must, no one in the states gives a shit about 3D anymore and it's just free money since you can effectively double the screens it's playing on

I saw that documentary he nearly cries in one bit when hes talking about it or another poart

can someone explai nthis in english for noraml people

no, fuck you, Cameron

>I couldn't even finish that shit
So you walked out of the theater?

Shame they can't fix the ending

>*takes off and stomps fedora on the ground*

just plastic my shit up

>t2's sound mix in imax sound
>brad fiedel's score in imax sound

prefer the original has more grit to it and that vhs quality of good times

only a china release so calm your tits we wont get to experience it

No thanks. I have Terminator 2 3-d at Universal Studios. That's the true kino.

You know what else I would queue all day to see?

A remastered 'the matrix' release without as much green filter crap and HD sound on an IMAX screen in 2D

HHHHNNNGGGGF

I'd post the comparison pic between normal contrast and the green filter they used but in on my phone ;_;