Is this FJM's magnum opus or just his most current masterpiece? How can he possibly top this?

Is this FJM's magnum opus or just his most current masterpiece? How can he possibly top this?

Almost certainly.

It's his magnum opus and a 10/10. He won't top it.

Funnily enough, he already topped it before it came out

Leaving LA is better than anything on that album.

MAYBE besides Chateau Lobby

fear fun > hb > pc

i've heard ambient music with more life than this album.

>it's a pleb exposes himself episode

i love these ones

pleb/patrician was a joke started by a tripfag. if you sincerely use that word. then i think you yourself don't even understand what fjm was trying to accomplish with pc.

shut up pleb

>pleb/patrician was a joke started by a tripfag.

Except they're literally centuries old words? What are you even talking about?

A patrician is a person who demonstrates laudable musical understanding and knowledge across a broad range of styles, and has independently formed a critical perspective from which he artistically evaluates music he hears, without paying heed to hype or anti-hype but solely on the basis of its musical composition as well as its role in the broader socio-artistic context.

Patricianhood is the antithesis of plebeianhood. Plebeianhood can be thought of as a sort of musical learned helplessness; a weak mind when exposed to the fundamental questions of aesthetics - What makes music good or bad? Do good and bad music exist? - buries itself in the proverbial sand, shutting out any threats of critical interpretations with shortcuts such as "MUH FEELS" or "it's entry-level" or "that's so generic", statements which are meaningless in any useful critical sense and indicate nothing about their supposed subject, but rather shift the focus of analysis from questions of artistic merit to questions of meta-artistic merit. E.g., "Does p4k/Scaruffi/CLT like it?" "Is this music popular or unpopular on Sup Forums?"

A patrician also demonstrates the ability to logically defend his conclusions during a reasoned debate, should he be challenged.

>How can he possibly top this?
Considering how shitty it is, it shouldn't be hard at all.

Yes. It's meme'd here. But it's core usage has been used to denote someone of "lower status" for a long fucking time. It's the same concept here.

The tripfag just applied it to music. He didn't start the joke. Fuck off newfag.

>meme'd
thats not even a word. again whats the point of calling pc a masterpiece if you all do is hide behind post-irony.
relisten to the album.

>post-irony

Why do you use buzzwords you don't even understand? Where was I being post-ironic in any way? Can you define post-irony for me?

>But it's core usage has been used to denote someone of "lower status" for a long fucking time.
the first song on pc is about stop being an ass to "lower status" ppl. jfc do fjm fans even listen to his work?

define meme'd and i'll define post-irony

the first song isn't about that at all.

no it is. go relisten to it.

It's usage is a meme. It gets memed here.

>B-B--BBB-BUT THAT'S NOT THE PROPER GRAMMATICAL USE OF THAT WORD

Irrelevant. You know what I meant. Tell me what you think post-irony is.

>You know what I meant.
no i don't. please elaborate

>Dodging your use of a buzz word so hard

You can just tell me you don't know what it means. You don't have to meme me. ;)

>You don't have to meme me.
again what do you mean by this?

You say that with full confidence, but we both know that it's an act. It's very easy to argue that that's exactly what it means, and as I am probably smarter than you, I'd win that argument and you'd be left sobbing and wondering why you chose to waste the time in the first place. It'd be a mess and you'd be dealing with all the fallout and it'd just be an ugly affair in general. So how about you just delete your post, pretend you never read mine and leave it at that? You are really not what Sup Forums needs. Thanks for your time!

that still doesn't explain what i ask. could you stop avoiding the question?

define meme'd. its simple.

It's verbage of the word "meme". It's in this sites vernacular. If you don't understand I assume you come from the other place.

pure comedy is cool but i listen to honeybear wayyyy more often
Chateau Lobby, The Night Josh Tilman Came To Our Apartment, Holy Shit and the title track are lovely (as well as the rest but those are standouts for me)