What is this in my body? Noticed it maybe a month ago but my girlfriend said she's seen it since we started dating

What is this in my body? Noticed it maybe a month ago but my girlfriend said she's seen it since we started dating

Other urls found in this thread:

aad.org/public/diseases/color-problems/tinea-versicolor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a friend with this never questioned it incase it was cancer or something, bump

ringworm

It's a new continent trying to secede from the mainland, don't let it do that, get an ointment or something from a dermatologist

OP here, ive looked into skin cancer and it doesn't seem to match any of them. I also have a couple spots on on my lower stomach, and inner thighs. It is around areas where I once had bad stretch marks

mycosis

I've looked at those symptoms and I have none. The skin feels smoother but that's about it

Only symptom from that is the color change, but nothing else

Buy Nizoral shampoo and use it as your shower gel if you use any. Trust me, it will help.
Actually the only symptom is color change. Aint intchy or nothing else.

Pharmacist here, post pics of your stomach and thigh as well, and give me some medical history, are you allergic to any drugs or anything ? allergies to dogs, cats, flowers? smoker ? on any Meds recently ? smoke weed or do any drugs ?

Its exzema, I've had it since I was born and so has my mother

All there is in my stomach, and a no to all the things you listed

And a quick search said it had itchy stuff and rash, but I'll see if I can get that shampoo.

Tinnea Versicolor.

Skin fungus. Harmless, non contagious, will spread.

Had it for years.

Is there supposed to be itchy stuff or nah

Well if it's eczema or tinae I'm just glad it seems harmless. I go to basic training in a week and didn't want to get kicked out right off for something bad ya know

Pharmacist here, any burning sensation or itchiness on the spots ? have they increased in size or shape since last month when you noticed it ?

You should be fine.

Like another user said, buy some extra strength dandruff shampoo and use it like body wash. It'll help kill it off. I just don't care enough to do it.

had it. wasn't itchy at all, shampoo helped. never had it after treating it.

And since you mentioned spreading my girlfriend did say she thinks it expanded on my arms since we started dating, she noticed it on my back on and off as well, does it go away at times?

Nah it's been about the same. The color fades in and out depending on how much I was out during the day

OP here, just wanna say thank you all

I find it lightens and gets darker at times. The temperature I think.

I started getting it about 6 years ago. Couple spots on my back and stomach.

Now, most of my back and shoulders, chest and arms have it.

Seems to avoid the armpits.

Itches every once in a while, but that is just from dryness and never bad.

No worries.

Scared the shit outta me at first. Googled it and found everything from skin cancer to kidney failure.

It does spread slightly and its occasionally itchy, I have some cream for it but I rarely like using it

Mine is mostly centered from my left tricep down through the armpit to my side. Stops at the stomach line, figured it might be cause I got huge stretches when I was younger

Tinea Versicolor- yeast/fungus on the skin -
aad.org/public/diseases/color-problems/tinea-versicolor

Buy a Shampoo with Selenium Sulfide (like Selsun Blue) and wash with it for a few weeks. it will go away.

no worriedms op its a simple fungal infaction. Every human has thos type on the body and when its warm it can break out. > buy fungal pasta
>1 week
>done
Thank me later

I will be trying a lot if body washing stuff, hopefully I can sneak some at basic

microbiologist here

yeah, tinea versicolor, with the rather charming species name of Malasezzia furfur for the fungus

it's eating the fat/oils in your skin which is why the color's all patchy

like others have said, use antifungal shampoo, but use it like a cream and put it on your dry skin for ten to twenty minutes and then wash it off

I'll thank you now since I have no other contact with you user

no, that will make it worse. You need the selenium sulfide, that is all that will kill it. Forget all the other stuff.

Aight, screen capped what you said and am looking online

I'm inclined to say this as well, OP. Every now and then I get a rash that looks identical to what was posted.

On the same topic, anyone have a remedy for it? High-strength dandruff shampoo takes awhile.

I'm inclined to agree, but t. versicolor with no hx of topical steroids?

OP, I won't be able to try the shampoo stuff until after basic training, but again thank you all so much

It's like herpes, you have it for life...Enjoy!