Can someone help me setup my turntable

I have an audio Technica LP-60 and I bought insignia bookshelf speakers and they're powered but I set it all up and it's not making any sound
Here's a pic
Please help

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/4h1gl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has this exact problem. Lp60s are fucking trash

Is the amp properly set up?

I tried with different speakers and it worked so I think it's the speakers I'm using does anyone need any more pictures

I bought powered speakers for it. Do powered speakers work going through an amp

I tried plugging them into just the turntable and it didn't work

>buy shitty cheap equipment just so you can be a "vinyls" listener
>haven't even done enough research to know how to set it up
hmm

Actually I bought pretty decent speakers and I went with the shitty turntable to get better speakers I'm saving up to get a better one
What's the problem with that?

try something else on the speakers

I did. Still no luck

OP this doesn't solve your issue but with the LP60 I always just used headphones (Sennheiser HD280). Works great. You have the adapter right?

OP I have a similar setup
Pic related

Make sure you turned on the speakers and pressed the "RCA" input button on the remote. Otherwise it's set to AUX

if your speakers are powered you shouldnt need an amp just rca straight from table.

>haha insignia Bluetooth powered speakers

confirmed uninformed, ripped of by the store guy who know nothing about audio, might saved money and buy the logitch shits

For this money could bought passive klipsch speakers and cheap used amp at craigslist

Not OP, but I have them, they're really not that bad for $80. Anyway Craigslist is too shitty for where I live

>gatekeeping this hard

thank you although it didn't work
Idk I tried to avoid using passive speakers but looks like I'm gonna have to

What's your setup? If you have a built in preamp it should be like this

Turntable -> RCA

If you are using an amp you'll have to use passive speakers

Also I know you've probably tried this but make sure your preamp/amp is actually turned on

To clarify try running the RCA directly from the turntable to the speakers

Yes I went from turntable to speakers since it has a built in preamp. No sound at all

I tried having it go through an amp just to see if that would change anything. And it didn't. I tried different speakers and they worked through the amp so I don't know where the problem it. The speakers, the cabke, or the preamp

if speakers powered you don't need the amp, connect the turntable directly to the speakers, and enjoy your shitty setup

When your speakers are on, what color is the light on the right speaker? Does it blink?

No color

They're not on.
You have to flip the physical switch, then turn on using the remote, then switch to RCA

I tried that. Unless I have to hold the button on the remote down idk what I'm doing wrong (yes I pulled the tab)

It's making a weird clicking noise although it's not physical clicking. It's a noise the speaker is making
The light was also on red and then when I looked at it again there was no light

The remote range is pretty bad try aiming it closer.
When it's connected to power but off the light is red.
When you turn it on with remote the light turns into pulsing green (AUX)
When you switch it to RCA the light turns solid green.

If that doesn't work there might be a defect on the speakers

I followed your directions perfectly but still no light I got the remote close and everything

Even went as far as to unplug it and plug it back in too. Before doing all this. Still no results

Looks like your remote isn't working then, sorry bud. :-(

I uploaded this little thing just so you can see if you're missing anything

streamable.com/4h1gl

your cheap shitty speakers are cheap and shitty and don't work, OP. return them for monies and buy speakers for the receiver you have.

lRn2craigslist

I'll do that. I'm going to return them tomorrow. I'm pretty pissed I spent a decent amount on them and the fact that they don't work pisses me off

Yeah I did that all. And there's no light at all just makes a quiet popping noise. (Nice song btw)

Thanks, sorry to hear your speakers don't work :(

I'd return them, and if you have a working amp buying some passives is a good (and cheaper) solution

I'm going to and thank you for your help.
Also everyone else who tried to help

You have a receiver in between the speakers and the player right?

Receiver? Don't you just need the pwered speakers if there's a built in preamp

I guess you are right