What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Ronald is too good, he can't handle Ronald

nothing
he won all the titles worth winning and will go down in history as the greatest GOAT of all time

His NT is full of chokers

He tried to assist Higuain and Agüero

nah man and he missed his shots as well oh and that penalty too senpai

Messi getting a pass from his dick riders

it's okay to admit defeat, all the GOATS have endured painful defeats and all have come back even better

it's only a matter of time for him

but please don't act like he's some of saint and unfailable he was just as bad as Higuain but the worse of the three was Aguero too bad Di Marie wasn't there to bail them out in 2014

>he was just as bad as higuain
lmao nigga

As for the individual, he's one of the best players in history. For many, the best. On top of that, he has broken pretty much every possible goal-scoring record.

As for his club, he has won as many local and international titles as probably no other generation of players in history for the same period of time. He's THE icon and main responsable of a team that absolutley dominated world football for the last decade.

As for the NT, even though he has managed to take an otherwise just above average team to a WC final and 2 CA fnials in three years, fate had it that he didn't won any of them.
He wasn't able or lucky to score the championship goal. Exactly the same as Maradona in 1986, for example. But unlike him, his teammates, and actual strikers of the NT, delivered at that time. Instead of... well, not even worth mentioning those fuckers shitshow.
And of course, his Olympic Gold and youth WC won't make up for any of those two pending NT titles.

As a result of that, he has left a teeeeny tiny room for trolls and/or clueless idiots to talk. So we all now have to endure this kind of threads, comparisons with players one or two tiers below him like CR, etc.

That's what went wrong.

got too used to tiki taka and became a system babby. Has the best team in south america by far but they can't win anything with him.

>not a single worthwhile title with fucking ARGENTINA

lmao

talking about that day in the final

you laughing cause you know it's true

/thread

Lol loser

Oh snap! Will I ever recover?

He has to deal with a shitty coach and an even worse midfield

>wasting half an hour pf ypur life by writing a statement defending someone who doesnt give a shit about whether you or your country
he's right, youre a loser

tldr

falklands

To be fair it looked like he almost confused the keeper enough to get it past him

he dosen't have courage and leadership

taking another argentine as example, Maradona won almost alone a WC

some players are natural leaders, Messi is only great using his feet and not his heart

Iniesta is not a leader and he won the WC 2010.

Ronaldinho is not a leader and he won the WC 2002.

Zidane is not a leader and he won the WC 1998.

Being a leader and being the best are not mutual and one doesn't equal the other.

>almost alone

kek, I love this maradroga narrative
He magically made the team's defense play well, sure.

Iniesta had a lot of help though, Spain were stacked as fuck and far better than that Holland team. Ronaldinho was a supporting player in 2002, not the main man. And Zidane was a leader.

Him and Ronaldo are so overrated. They play in the shittiest era of soccer where 2 teams and players win everything. They're both meme players that feed off their teams. Until messi wins something with Argentina he's not even in goat conversation. I can't believe people are so blind to see the state that soccer is in. 10-15 years ago they would be good-great players, not this out of the world bs we hear today. These were my 2 favorite teams but I'm embarrassed by them now

>muh heart

Maradona's heart sure helped him win all those La Liga titles and European Cups.

>tt
>tf

i don't want to sound rude my friend, but 1986 argentina team was not a good team, Maradona has loaded the team on his shoulders and helped them win the WC

there was no way that team without maradona to win the cup

that's why he is the truly the best soccer player of all time

But he played against other shit players, he would get stomped today

>They play in the shittiest era of soccer
>le players were better back when i was younger

Footballers today are better.

what do you mean? germany was a good team, same as italy, spain, france, even england and more

Rummenigge, Zico, Platini, Matthäus, Butragueño, Careca, Socrates and more

He would dominate even more today if anything.

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's silly to compare eras.

In Maradona's time there were no super teams that had a monopoly on all the worlds best talent
the offside rule favoured the defender rather than the attacker
you could still pass back to the GK
it was 2 points for a win rather than 3, making draws a lot more desirable
only the champions of each league made the CL, making it much harder to win. He only got to play 2 seasons of it in his career IIRC
defenders got away with much rougher tackles than what is allowed today
a lot of pitches were in terrible condition, making it harder for technical players like him to dribble and play ground passes

So while the game got faster and players got fitter, they also have a lot of advantages compared to previous generations. I'd say today is the best time in history to be an attacking player, simply because they get loads of protection and get to play on carpets every week.

i finally found a GOOD bong, nice to meet you

He's still the best player in the world? Should have posted Ronald who can't even control a ball anymore.

SYSTEM BABBY