What does Sup Forums think of the artist Claire Boucher?

What does Sup Forums think of the artist Claire Boucher?

she looks like a sonic youth fan circa 1991

That's a good thing in my book

She's a very talented girl, and my favourite person in earth

That's not Grimes?
Woa.

>That's not Grimes?
>what did he mean by this

bump

I want to go on adventures with grimesy. I don't know why exactly but she seems like the kind of person to have adventures with.

>in earth

grimes confirmed subterranean goblin

her aesthetic in that pic is so cool

I have no idea why I haven't listened to Grimes thoroughly yet I've been aware of her since before she blew up and whenever a friend plays a song by her at a party or something I like it but iunno

Nothing really pulls me
I guess its because if I want synthpop I can just go to 70s Japan and find it better

>go to 70s japan and find it better
T H I S

>I guess its because if I want synthpop I can just go to 70s Japan and find it better
Seriously? Yellow Magic Orchestra were pretty good for their time, but Grimes is way more advanced. Synthpop didn't stop in the '70s; it evolved quite a lot. Her synthpop has influences from medieval, IDM, classical, alt rock, industrial, dreampop. YMO sound like Mario Bros soundtrack compared to her music.

>synthpop didn't stop in the 70s
well it's best albums were in the 70s, so.....

Wrong. Violator was released in 1990.

Wrong. SSS was released in 1979 and Die Mensch-Maschine was released in '78

BTW, each decade has its fair share of classics. Just because Grimes didn't release a synthpop album in 70s it doesn't mean her music is redundant. The simple fact there's no other music like hers makes her worthy of attention. Great music is made all the time, you just must have an open mind.

I like modern synthpop, I just don't like Grimes and greatly prefer classic synthpop.

Those 2 albums aren't better than the 2 Vs: Violator & Visions. They pioneered the sound, but DM and Grimes perfected it.

OK. Just a matter of preference. I like both classic and modern synthpop. I just dig good synth heavy music.

>Grimes perfected it
By making it worse? I don't understand. Also, both of those albums are 10s (add The Pleasure Principle to the list) while Violator is an 8.5 and Visions is a 5

>failing at shitposting

>well it's best albums were in the 70s
How could you know that if you self-admittedly haven't listened to very much synthpop made since then?

YMO didn't stop in the 70s either, their later stuff and their solo projects is better than their earlier stuff and Grimes.

>self-admittedly
is a different user

They're all subjective ratings. My opinions are also subjective.

Consider the fact that Visions and Violator are newer albums and they're more underrated compared to the 70s classics.

>Visions is a 5
Excuse me, but that's a shitty rating.

:^(

she looks like leo tolstoy