youtu.be/EDNzQ3CXspU
youtube.com/watch?v=LEYt2GtfQJk
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974

>he thinks post-1977 rock music is the best

But the best rock album of all time came out in 1969

>not 1970

I agree. The actual best rock music is 1977 rock music.

>he thinks it wasn't

>he listens to nigger music

the era of good rock is over though. Theres no good rock bands in modern times where as other genres like electronic, hip hop, metal are reletivley flourished

and it can honestly be traced to the whole punk thing that went on in the late seventies

>1977

What's your benchmark? Death of Elvis?

we all know rock began to be interesting with post punk.

67-79 was objectively the best era

I find the only era that rock fans ignore the most is the 50's.

Like elvis, buddy holly, little richard, berry, etc

the 60's and 70's is thought of of its artistic peak.
The 80's the financial and mainstream peak,

And the 90's was aight.

Then it started to get fake and gay

punk/post-punk revolution

Rock ran out of ideas and not because of punk. Post-punk emerged from punk and it was one of the best and most explorative subgenres of rock

90s rock is best rock
It had to be said.

>rock began to be interesting when punk musicians started imitating ideas already explored in Krautrock

>he thinks bob dylan, king crimson, doors, pink floyd, faust, velvet underground, frank zappa, captain beefheart aren't the peak of rock music

metal is a rock subgenre

happened in 1976

probably second best after the 60s

unknown pleasures sounds like krautrock? wire and gang of four?

>tfw the cure sounds like krautrock

>post-punk is punk + krautrock
There was a lot more to post-punk with other artists. Tape music, free jazz, spoken word and free jazz influences can all be seen in various post-punk artists

>free jazz and free jazz
Sorry for the double up

I love the krautrock meme

post punk and punk is good, but not as good as the shit that was going on in 60-70s.

Besides, the philosophy of punk is what killed rock, not the music itself. Stripped down verse chrous verse only goes so far.

>he thinks music used to be better
>he thinks he was born in the wrong generation

>any of those besides wire
>good or interesting

Like I said, all of that was already explored in Krautrock

>you will never be germanic peasant who is fascinated by music and believes the town lute player has magical powers to change mood

Kendrick Lamar and Grimes are just as good as Bach xD

>out of everything he picks wire, the most generic ""post-punk"" out there

>le classical meme XD

But "Search and Destroy" is the pinnacle of rock

Fuck people who only accept music after [year] though

who's that woman?

Wrong, but explain yourself anyway

He's right though

How is Wire "generic"?

How does Unknown Pleasures and Chairs Missing not soind like krautrock?

If I'm not being meme'd I am highly disappointed in Sup Forums

youtu.be/EDNzQ3CXspU

>krautrock aspie
*sigh*

It's just basic punk minus the punk attitude. It's not even post-punk. There aren't any interesting developments in it, no personality. It's basically pop punk

I argued against that guy but krautrock is tons better than prog

Check em

What did he mean by this?

fact: rock has been around before even people

this
what do you think the earth is made of?

check em

OMG CHECK EMMMM

that's because rock as we think of it today started with the critics' response to the beatles. their generational anxiety about not having an artform that sprouted from their pop music like jazz did for their parents pressured them to hyperbolize the accomplishments of the late '60s as concept albums and the LP took over as long-form formats. pre-'60s rock is too immature for its original target audience to own now and too raucous for their parents to claim as fun unappreciated music from the time. it slipped through the cracks a bit as far as artistic appraisal.

also, the big concentrations of great rock albums are in that much mythologized period between '67 and '70 and again with the diversification and deepending of metal music from the late '80s through the first couple years of the '90s. some of the post-punk stuff is an interesting sidebar to those two main artistic movements to have emerged from rock.

>Kendrick Lamar and Grimes
>representing new music

Sexs and Rock is dead

This guy is 100% right

It's a Simpsons quote you dip

t. skimmed Pink Flag once

I've listened to it quite a lot. I used to really like the album but after listening to more post-punk I realise how mediocre it is. It's not a bad album just not great

How can you miss the point this hard

>doesn't identify elements that become tired after listening to other post-punk
doesn't elucidate "the point" that user 1 is missing

you're both terrible at arguing

Go on then, enlighten me

The point is that you obviously never listened to Chairs Missing or 154

Again I've listened to them and used to really like them until I listened to other post punk. Chairs missing is way better than pink flag but 154 isn't as good as chairs missing

Then please explain how either of those are "just basic punk". I'm especially curious as to how you can apply that phrase to an album so heavily based around electronic instrumentation as 154.

Rock peaked in 1979

It's been a while since I've listened to it so I just gave some songs a quick listen to remind myself. Completely forgot about the electronic side of it so I admit you're right about that but each song is pretty formulaic and repetitive. Better than I remember

That was certainly a great year

This is objectively the best music ever created under "rock" in my opinion. What these lads are up to. It's from 2016 and it's incredible
youtube.com/watch?v=LEYt2GtfQJk

I like this nigga and math rock in general but c'mon son there's so much more out there

popular music existed in bach's time
classical music exists in kendrick lamar's time
you don't know what your talking about

>rock peaked in [release year of my favorite albums]

lol, listen to more music

wtf I love rock now

thats because it was