/dungeon synth/

Blood Tower edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u2HL3TaPEc0
alderen.bandcamp.com/releases
youtu.be/1lpf-nQFzJ4
verminaard.bandcamp.com/releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Siliniez' Altar of Moss is my favourite dungeon synth album. What's yours?

youtu.be/u2HL3TaPEc0

>that logo
thats sexy af. how did you design it?

please rec me some comfy cottage synth

Do any artists actually refer to themselves as 'dungeon synth'? Does anyone use this term IRL? Have you?

Yeah yeah, don't judge art by its fanbase, book by its cover, etc etc... But goddamn Dungeon Synth is an embarrassingly stupid sounding genre tag. I mean, imagine trying to say it to some qt who asks what youve been listening to

not if you're not a pretentious fuck who doesn't care about what some qt thinks about your niche genre name, just have some fun. It's a pretty apt description for the sound imo

I guess you could say Ambient Black Metal or something
But if you're trying to describe that medieval sound made with 90s synths, then dungeon synth is the only correct term.

the only people who care about 'cringe' to innocuous things are people that lack perspective

>Does anyone use this term IRL?
it's been an established thing since the 90s
>I mean, imagine trying to say it to some qt who asks what youve been listening to
>implying people who listen to dungeon synth talk to qts

I didn't design it but I agree it looks awesome.
hell yeah
probably that Witch's Pointy Hat album 2bh
It's a real term we use, yes
Yeah even just Dark Ambient would work if you have to call it something else

I just think it's really lame sounding name, guess it's just me.

I do talk to qts all the time, often about music, should the topic of Dungeon Synth come up I would definitely be like " stupid embarassing name, but here, check this out its pretty interesting"

Nice trips. When did the dungeon synth tag get created? I refuse to believe the name goes back to the 90s anymore than I'd believe anyone ever used the term proto punk in the 60s

I didn't know this existed, but it's awesome, thanks Sup Forums.

check out alder's deep, it's the best recent release

alderen.bandcamp.com/releases

>When did the dungeon synth tag get created?
yeah i guess it probably wasnt called that back then. i have no idea when the name was coined

alder deep my bad

is this dungeon synth?

I think it's quite fitting, though I get where you're coming from. English isn't my first language, so I don't immediately make the connection to sex dungeons like you seem to. When I hear the word 'dungeon' I automatically think of the non-sexual meaning.
Again, I do understand why you'd think of it as a lame name.

uwu enjoy user!

youtu.be/1lpf-nQFzJ4

I never even thought of BDSM dungeon, that would actually be kind of edgy cool.
No, I think most would associate it with cheesy LARPing D&D shit, which is hardly ever a good thing to mention when you're trying to talk to a chick. So you know, if I'm trying to see cool to a chick it's definitely going to be Dark Ambient Metal or sometng like that if I mention it, not Dungeon Synth. First impressions matter a lot and if you're trying to introduce something to someone, why risk losing their interest with a dumb name?

just don't talk about dungeon synth with grils. 99% of them wouldn't give a shit about it anyways. problem solved

Where the fuck is a download for this

where can i listen to this?

Fuck that. Talking about something that legitimately makes you really happy, especially if its something unusual, ( and you don't become a bore ) is a great way to make chicks like you.

Chicks dig positive guys who are into interesting and different shit

John Brooks is gay

Spanish DS man

the rift has been created. will you pick his side or ours?

Ours

who tf is john brooks

good choice. "True Dungeon Synth" is not true.

Verminaard aka vermintard

Is chaucerian myth poser garbage? Why it why not?

*why or

it's quantity of quality. his newest work, The Book of Margery Kempe, is very impressive

More like the book of Margery hemp

Also yes that album is quite good

absolutely not. he's the only DS artist i can think of who isn't hiding behind the pretension of lo-fi synths, noise, and texture. he uses basic, unfiltered midi instruments and simply lets the compositions speak for themselves. i wish more people within the scene would follow his lead.

Dungeon Synth is always so focused on the past (oldschool synthesizers and medieval style music). Is this genre doomed to continue reaching backwards without any real innovation? How can dungeon synth progress and look towards the future?

What about verminaard

Much like in black metal, progress is not the point

>What about verminaard
haven't heard of it. rec me something

You must buy the magnificent tape
Speaking of this magnificent tape, it's very noisy. Is it pretentious?

>progress is not the point
so what is the point? keep regurgitating the same prison burzum album/mortiis record? not that i don't love that stuff but what's the point of just continually doing it over and over?
>Much like in black metal
there's tons of progression in black metal. it's one of the most diverse and forward-thinking genres i can think of

Hey I know that guy!

>Speaking of this magnificent tape, it's very noisy. Is it pretentious?
idk. i can't find anywhere to listen to it. but the fact that it's so intentionally obscure certainly points towards pretension

verminaard.bandcamp.com/releases
Also I feel like trogool and faery ring and all sorts of people are pretty strong composers

got this recently

You know Bill

>John Anthony Brooks, Jr. (born January 28, 1993), referred to as John Brooks, is a German-American soccer player who plays for VfL Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga as a defender and has represented the United States national soccer team internationally.

was that so fucking hard

Yeah he's gay

why is greece the best country for music?

Good question

Poverty tends to inspire musicians and poets more than most other things

name?

Modern Dungeon Synth is trash.

Post good and obscure 90's DS.

shit dude are u the guy who bought the last tape off of discogs from one of the artists? i love this album a lot

I guess this is technically 2001 but still good

This

Redpill me on dungeon synth

It's the ambient music equivalent of this image

Good description desu.

Lmao what a terrible album cover. It looks like a 5th grader drew it

You don't get it you dumb shit

Or this. Basically the aesthetic of old school fantasy is the prevailing theme, and it's done with synths and keyboards

>you just don't get it. It's SUPPOSED to be shitty

Progress towards what?

Exactly you dumb fuck.

Idk I guess that's what my question was. When people are done paying homage to the 90's what's the next step for dungeon synth?

A few weeks ago maybe? Took a while to get here and had to grab it from the post office.

My favorite DS release. Does anyone have any rec's for something similar? Spooky, Transylvanian even

Sleeper best tape of 2016, didn't get nearly close to the recognition it deserved